• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Vermintide Runs at Native 4K on Xbox One X; 1440p Pro

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I'd imagine MS put a good deal of effort into making the Scorpio engine as robust as they could. It seems they took to being the weaker of the systems to heart and decided to really double down on making something powerful and seemingly easy to program for.

But this is all "tales from my rear" speaking. Every body knows the games run worse on ps4 pro because of lazy devs or whatever the current excuse for why the stronger system pushes more pixels, amirite?

Its pretty crazy that you need a gtx1070 to get titanfall 2 to run at 4k 60fps at 1X settings.

https://www.techspot.com/amp/review/1271-titanfall-2-pc-benchmarks/page2.html

TheVoid

Neo Member
to the majority of the human population there's no difference, so yeah.

Flash back to 2009:

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 720p and 1080p"

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 30 fps and 60 fps"

Flash back to 2011 when 144hz monitors became popular:

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 60 fps and 144 fps"

Flash back to 2013 when 4k became popular on PC

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 1080p and 4k"

And now it is 2017 and the ps4 pro can not run new games in 4k, so sony fan boys are back to the same old excuse:

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 1440p and 4k"

Everyone knows there is a big difference between 4k and 1440p, and when the ps5 comes out you will be going crazy how all your games or 4k or higher resolution. Can you just stop the bullshit so I don't have to read 4 years of this crap. As a PC gamer this console fanboy shit is getting really old. Just accept the console is less powerful and move on.

kingbean

Flash back to 2009:

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 720p and 1080p"

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 30 fps and 60 fps"

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 60 fps and 144 fps"

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 1080p and 4k"

And now it is 2017 and the ps4 pro can not run new games in 4k, so sony fan boys are back to the same old excuse:

"To the majority of the human population there is no difference between 1440p and 4k"

Everyone knows there is a big difference between 4k and 1440p, and when the ps5 comes out you will be going crazy how all your games or 4k or higher resolution. Can you just stop the bullshit so I don't have to read 4 years of this carp. As a PC this console fanboy shit is getting really old.

Pfft. This shit goes back to the 80s.

Aaaand us pc gamers aren't much better. You got team green and red. And intel vs AMD.

Gotta waggle the weenie no matter what games you play.

mad597

Banned
Flash back to 2009:

Everyone knows there is a big difference between 4k and 1440p, and when the ps5 comes out you will be going crazy how all your games or 4k or higher resolution. Can you just stop the bullshit so I don't have to read 4 years of this crap. As a PC gamer this console fanboy shit is getting really old. Just accept the console is less powerful and move on.

Yep, they can spout all the subjective BS that time after time proves false and try and argue with these numbers below but in the end it just makes them look stupid

1440p is 2560x1440 that pushes 3,686,400 pixels

4K is 3840x2160 that pushes out 8,294,400 pixels

4K is pushing out 2.25x or 225% more pixels

Teoferrazzi

Neo Member
Flash back to 2009:

you took an awful long time to essentially define incremental change.

graphics are not, and have never been a measure of progress. you see changes in the industry that are ruining the medium but it's ok because we're getting more pixels. if we maintain this uncritical attitude and are so easily distracted by shiny objects we'll fall for ANYthing

mad597

Banned
you took an awful long time to essentially define incremental change.

graphics are not, and have never been a measure of progress. you see changes in the industry that are ruining the medium but it's ok because we're getting more pixels. if we maintain this uncritical attitude and are so easily distracted by shiny objects we'll fall for ANYthing

So 4.6 million extra pixels rendered = incremental change?

The difference is bigger than the total amount of pixels rendered in a 1440P.

Now Sony fans are arguing about the fact IQ increase isn't progress? Where the fuck were all these philosophical meanderings when Sony fans were counting blades of grass in GTA earlier this gen?

JaxBriggs

As a PC gamer this console fanboy shit is getting really old. Just accept the console is less powerful and move on.

Agreed. It seems GAF is now mostly unmoderated and as a result most of these threads turn toxic very quickly. It's the same people in each one shitposting and baiting for replies.

I honestly hope the chiefs are watching behind the scenes and plan on doing something soon else GAF is only going to fall further into the hole.

Malcolm9

Agreed. It seems GAF is now mostly unmoderated and as a result here most of these threads turn toxic very quickly. It's the same people in each one shitposting and baiting for replies.

I honestly hope the chiefs are watching behind the scenes and plan on doing something soon else GAF is only going to fall further into the hole.

Yup I agree, this place has really gone downhill, it's not even a discussion anymore.

mad597

Banned
Yup I agree, this place has really gone downhill, it's not even a discussion anymore.

Yea cause before when sony fans were shiting up every xbox thread and face off thread and mods not only condoned it but banned xbox users for responding it was the such a great place for balanced discussuons.

Malcolm9

Yea cause before when sony fans were shiting up every xbox thread and face off thread and mods not only condoned it but banned xbox users for responding it was the such a great place for balanced discussuons.

Oh look who it is, surprise surprise.

You and balanced discussion just don't go together. The funny thing is there were tons of threads having a pop at Sony, funny how you seem to forget that.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well the better GPU and 12gb of ram ain't there for nothing.

Agreed. It seems GAF is now mostly unmoderated and as a result most of these threads turn toxic very quickly. It's the same people in each one shitposting and baiting for replies.

It’s completely out of hand.

I look forward to playing Horizon ZD, Spider-Man, and God of War in stunning X1X 4K.

Look, the X1X is obviously the more powerful box, but 1440p is stunning on its own, and the PS4 Pro is the best way to experience Sony's catalog. Joking about its abilities (at a lower price point, a year ago) is just silly.

This shit is sad.

Will you be playing Gears of War, Quantum Break, Halo, Forza and Sea of Thieves on the Pro?

This thread is about Warhammer and the XB1X plays it better. Just like it will play all third parties better. Truthfully the OG PS4 plays exclusives just fine, so for console only players the XB1X is looking pretty sweet for 3rd party and MS exclusives, if you don't have a beefy PC. I only say this, because Sony fans like to pretend everyone has a PC capable of playing MS exclusives at 4K so those exclusives don't count.

This shit is sad.

Will you be playing Gears of War, Quantum Break, Halo, Forza and Sea of Thieves on the Pro?
t.

No, I play them on my PC.

Well, except Halo.

That’s the only thing about Play Anywhere that made me consider passing on X (glad I didn’t, the X is great).

But I mean, if we really wanna compare exclusives, I just do think that’s a road X and/or MS army members want to go down.

I’ll take the Sony exclusives any day, personally, especially with Play Anywhere

I’ve posted multiple times praising what I’ve experienced on my X.

I own all three platforms and love then all.

You, on the other hand, fixate on putting X on an altar and shitposting everything X/Pro related

Whatever makes you happy.

All consoles have Pros and Cons

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
This shit is sad.

This thread is about Warhammer and the XB1X plays it better. Just like it will play all third parties better. Truthfully the OG PS4 plays exclusives just fine, so for console only players the XB1X is looking pretty sweet for 3rd party and MS exclusives, if you don't have a beefy PC. I only say this, because Sony fans like to pretend everyone has a PC capable of playing MS exclusives at 4K so those exclusives don't count.

At the beginning the graphics were important for PS4 owners. Today it’s the games. And as we all know, Xbox One is just a Blu-ray players cus it has no games.

/shrug.

No, I play them on my PC.

Well, except Halo.

That's the only thing about Play Anywhere that made me consider passing on X (glad I didn't, the X is great).

But I mean, if we really wanna compare exclusives, I just do think that's a road X and/or MS army members want to go down.

I'll take the Sony exclusives any day, personally, especially with Play Anywhere

Since you decided to selectively quote me I will post what you excluded to answer this post.

Edit: This is without mentioning the games that didn't come to PC, Halo like you eluded to. Also BC is a huge seller for me.

Krisprolls

Banned
Truthfully the OG PS4 plays exclusives just fine, so for console only players the XB1X is looking pretty sweet for 3rd party and MS exclusives, if you don't have a beefy PC. I only say this, because Sony fans like to pretend everyone has a PC capable of playing MS exclusives at 4K so those exclusives don't count.

Maybe that's because they're NOT exclusives to Xbox since everybody can play them on PC. Exclusives = not playable on another machine.

There's no such thing as "MS exclusives". If I can play both on PC and Xbox, then it's not exclusive to anything.

You're the one having comprehension problems with the word exclusive.

Still exclusive to Microsoft and their store, so yes they are still exclusive to Microsoft. I didn't say Xbox exclusive if I did you would have a point. A point that has nothing to do with my argument that "console" only players are not interested in buying a PC and can still play those MS exclusives only on an MS console.

People that keep parroting the "PC makes Xbox obsolete" argument are delusional.

mad597

Banned
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Does this help?

Don't you know EVERY Sony gamer also has a massive PC rig? it is just a coincidence that Sony fans always pivot the argument to negate the Xbox brand. Whenever Sony has the weaker console they pull a PC rig out out their ass.

If the Sony console is more powerful than it's a major game changer and playin the best multiplats is most important, if Xbox is more powerful than it's about exclusives and the power difference no matter how big is diminishing returns.

The pivots never end and always change to favor Sony and negate Xbox.

Pantz

Free with gold in December too, looking forward to trying it out.

The console wars are not only happening here. I'm seeing it all over ever since the XOX came out.

So 4.6 million extra pixels rendered = incremental change?

The difference is bigger than the total amount of pixels rendered in a 1440P.

Now Sony fans are arguing about the fact IQ increase isn't progress? Where the fuck were all these philosophical meanderings when Sony fans were counting blades of grass in GTA earlier this gen?
You are so full of shit. You are the main one shitting up these threads with your immature console war drivel. Every single thread. You act as if these consoles are on the same playing field as far as power and abilities. The Xbox One was similar in scope, but underpowered and 100 bucks more than the PS4 at launch, while the Xbox One X is clearly more powerful out of the gate with better hardware. You can be excited about the new console without being such an ass, and sadly you aren't the only one. It's embarrassing to see this shit from both sides; grow the fuck up!

HMC

I look forward to playing Horizon ZD, Spider-Man, and God of War in stunning X1X 4K.

Look, the X1X is obviously the more powerful box, but 1440p is stunning on its own, and the PS4 Pro is the best way to experience Sony's catalog. Joking about its abilities (at a lower price point, a year ago) is just silly.

These three games are my problem. I hate that I have to keep my PS4 for the 3-4 exclusives I'm interested in, but they are all must-haves for me (along with The Show and Detroit)

I'm just glad they're all single player, at least I save on PS Plus.

You are so full of shit. You are the main one shitting up these threads with your immature console war drivel. Every single thread. You act as if these consoles are on the same playing field as far as power and abilities. The Xbox One was similar in scope, but underpowered and 100 bucks more than the PS4 at launch, while the Xbox One X is clearly more powerful out of the gate with better hardware. You can be excited about the new console without being such an ass, and sadly you aren't the only one. It's embarrassing to see this shit from both sides; grow the fuck up!
Where was your saving grace in the xbox threads getting shitted up the last 4 years. Fucking.eat.it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Seriously. I never knew so many Xbots were on this site lurking. Shit is hilarious to read after they've been playing 720p-900p games the whole gen pretending resolution didn't matter.

Just as funny as to see it doesn’t matter for PS4 owners anymore as well.

You're just as pathetic.
Right. Making fun of people who are dedicated to console companies is just as pathetic as being dedicated to a console company.

Fanboys disgust me and on NuGAF we're free to call a spade a spade. This thread is quite frankly, filled with Xbots. This dude mad597 is literally just Helen Keller posting with a MS tattoo on his chest in every thread.

Top Bottom