• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Nintendo Power cover revealed

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
The only way this could have been more perfect is if they had inverted the color of Mario's clothes again.

Good show, NP.

I think it's meant to show the evolution.

FoneBone

Great homage on the cover, but it's also a sad reminder of how little Nintendo itself gave a damn. No big exclusives, even for their very last issue.

brinstar

1340466831340.gif

When I was a kid I was afraid of the dark so bad that I would hole up in the bathroom at night with the shower light on and read Nintendo Power.

Hero

Wow, that is one awesome cover for nostalgia/homage's sake. Will probably get one to frame for memories.

Eusis

:'(

Here's hoping it can come back, someday...
If it does come back I hope it plays off of the Castlevania II cover. Give a new generation of kids nightmares, anger parents that just might remember the nightmares from that cover, and also piss off the ESRB!

They actually have a great opportunity for that if they revive it only after a few months, and moreso if Lords of Shadow 2 gets announced since (LoS spoilers that you probably know about if you're familiar with LoS2)
they can flip it around so this time Dracula is holding someone's head. Lucifer's or a Belmont's, doesn't matter.

What was the last time ANY magazine got a big reveal, aside from Game Informer? Which doesn't really count?

The last thing I remember is EGM getting SFIV.

Sushigod7

Subscribed a few times and bought a lot at the new stand. Sad to see them go I heard the guys there are pretty hardcore fans which sometimes doesn't happen at magazines. I'll pick up a few copies.

edit: From the NP site in case you guys want to keep a look out.

Nintendo Power's last issue will be the December 2012 issue, which will be mailed to subscribers in late November and sold on newsstands starting December 11.

teraMEL0S

Wonderful last cover. Although I never had Nintendo Power, growing up around it and other print depresses me now that they are all on their way out.

Fox Mulder

It's sad, but the internet is killing lots of print media and Nintendo seemed to stop giving a shit about the magazine. I guess it's not even worth the effort to keep the brand going online or a feature channel/app on the WiiU. Even MS killed off their community content they had on the 360 dashboard.

It's all about GameStop funded GameInformer exclusives or gaming blogs now I guess.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I'm bummed that the cover leaked (judging by the picture from some jerk at the Future office), but I'm glad people like it. Hopefully the interior stays under wraps until subscribers start to receive the issue. There's one thing in particular that I can't wait for people to see.

Also, huge, huge props to sculptor Leslie Levings (and to Bill Mudron for introducing me to her work).

It's sad, but the internet is killing lots of print media and Nintendo seemed to stop giving a shit about the magazine. Certainly they could have kept the brand going online or a feature channel/app on the WiiU.

NINTENDO HASN'T HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MAGAZINE SINCE 2007

Top Bottom