• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't watch NBA much when Shaq was in his prime but that highlight reel is something else. Such a physical freak.

How many backboards did that dude break lol

Couldn't the Spurs theoretically sign CP3 and have a better team right now while also developing Murray and Bertans? Don't understand why it has to be one or the other. The draft picks to get young players are going to be in the late 20's whether San Antonio has CP3 or not, so adding him shouldn't change their ability to draft and develop future prospects.

Because why should they? Murray has so much potential and is clearly the future PG of this franchise but young man won't be able to flourish coming off the bench behind CP3. Also, CP3 will command at least 3 years max from the Spur, which will leave them absolutely no cap to operate for the next few years. They better off skip CP3 and keep the cap wide open to sign Kevin Durant in 2018.

Tom Penny

Couldn't the Spurs theoretically sign CP3 and have a better team right now while also developing Murray and Bertans? Don't understand why it has to be one or the other. The draft picks to get young players are going to be in the late 20's whether San Antonio has CP3 or not, so adding him shouldn't change their ability to draft and develop future prospects.

CP3 is head of the players Union. He can't take less money to player for a winner or he looks like a total asshole. He can get 5/210 from the Clippers...

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Because why should they? Murray has so much potential and is clearly the future PG of this franchise but young man won't be able to flourish coming off the bench behind CP3. Also, CP3 will command at least 3 years max from the Spur, which will leave them absolutely no cap to operate for the next few years. They better off skip CP3 and keep the cap wide open to sign Kevin Durant in 2018.
Yeah, because he left OKC to go to N California to then go to San Antonio.

I started watching the NBA when Shaq was a rookie. That man is one of my all time favorite athletes in any sport. Dude was brutal in the paint. I remember when Dikemba said he always needed to ice his chest after playing Shaq.

FZZ

Banned
I remember being in youth basketball around 7th grade

everyone said they wanted to play like Kobe

my ass said Prime Shaq

I've been a 5'10 center my whole life brehs

LionPride

Banned
Seeing as I got into sports as a whole really in 2012, I missed out on the prime of a lot of players or entire careers but have seen so much talent since then.

IT for Saric and a 1st?

tenor.gif

Lol KD ain't coming to San Antonio

I believe in Murray but the kid needs another 2 years imo before he is truly ready. I want to be wrong though

natjjohn

Some folks are in denial still about the state of the NBA. If you aren't a Cavs or Warriors fan, your team likely won't matter for awhile.

LionPride

Banned
Some folks are in denial still about the state of the NBA. If you aren't a Cavs or Warriors fan, your team likely won't matter for awhile.
For the next 3-5 years. Definitely. Thankfully by that time, KAT and Andrew should be in their physical prime and have a better grasp on the game.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I've been wanting someone to try this for a while now, don't worry about LeBron; let him get his 40 points but shut Kyrie and KLove down. Stop doubling people in the paint and allowing 3 point shooters to shoot.

That has basically been the Warriors approach...don't bring a double unless he is posting up a much smaller player, let him score his 40 on 40% shooting and just trust that you'll be more efficient than that. We know the reasons it came within a basket or two of working again last year (Curry slowed, maxBarnes lol, Thompson wtf, Drayfoot, Bogout, bear hugs off the ball).

random25

Not really. A major injury, a trade, or a big free agent movement or shake up can easily change the landscape of the NBA at any moment.

Nafai1123

Banned
The most important part of all of this is that Klay signed the toaster and now meme-power is ruining the playoffs for everyone. NBA should ban autographing household electronics next season.

The most important part of all of this is that Klay signed the toaster and now meme-power is ruining the playoffs for everyone. NBA should ban autographing household electronics next season.
I don't believe in it. First the bucks lose in six, and get humiliated in the game where the girl kicks the raptor and dunks. And following the game where a double trash bros appearance happens and Giannis mocks their box score, Giannis plays like shit.

Then, you have Blazers in six, although that is pending according to Lillard, as he really meant blazers win a ring in his sixth year with them

Then you have IT and the Celtics getting trashed by rondo and the bulls, then after worstoneseed ever chants start, rondo is hurt and Gerald fucking green starts and the Celtics win

Then the Celtics wear all black to Washington and lose.

Then IT says the cavs aren't the monstars, and the cavs become the monstars.

And then the cavs go out to the monstars theme and then stay the monstars to Marcus Smart's Jordan and jerebko's bill Murray.

LMA closes out on kd after the zaza closeout

Kawhiless spurs are good, then bad

Etc.

Meme magic can only take you so far, imo. Klay might be bad on offense because he's trying to keep the magic up, which might end up being the wrong allocation of resources

Nafai1123

Banned
LMAO Hyper you put a lot of thought into this. All I know is if the Warriors sweep the Finals R_Dollaz should be in the parade and the they need to hang the toaster next to their championship banner.

Speaking of meme-magic, maybe Curry's trying to help out the Celts?
“We all know, obviously, who we’re going to play,” Curry said of the upcoming Finals.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
LMAO Hyper you put a lot of thought into this. All I know is if the Warriors sweep the Finals R_Dollaz should be in the parade and the they need to hang the toaster next to their championship banner.

Speaking of meme-magic, maybe Curry's trying to help out the Celts?
No he was talking about the celtics. He's confident in the comeback

VeeP

I'll let you in a secret. It wasn't the toaster that gave Warriors these powers. It was Lil B, the based god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom