• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Natiko

Banned
Nah, Issac won't be replaced. He already said he loves coasting and looking at his Day 1 behavior he'll come in last second to make couple posts about wanting someone's blood and reach his minimum that way again.

Issac is very obviously a neutral that has to lynch Palmer, or maybe a group of targets and not just Palmer.

I say we ignore him and not waste a lynch on him. Mafia and neutral with killing powers are much better targets.
Just like WAMD was very obviously scum right? This is why people give you shit about speaking in absolutes.

I'm going out for a long walk to collect my thought on unrelated events IRL but I can't suss out any good reads except whoever called for Dragonz head needs be examined

Palmer_v1

Launch replaced moon, who was a nothing read, and I don't even have a baseline to go off of from previous games. Launch himself came in hard, and is doing a great job of at least SEEMING like town, though I question his tunneling on WAMD and Swamped. If swamped flipped town, he'd probably be my #1 scum suspect. i'm just noticing thatmoon is a no lynch vote D1 which is a big red flag for me normally.

Verelios replaced Sawneeks, who I had been ignoring mostly. I'm going to check her posts again to see whats going on there, but first, some voting stuff. Verelios hasn't really done a lot since showing up. Maybe scum who thinks they can coast for a while as a replacement.

Then Nomadic Sparks replaced Oreamunsta, who was coasting hard, which is similar to what they did in Anime when they were scum.

Semi-related, here are the people that ended on WAMD D1.

WhereAreMahDragonz
-30yearsofhurt 406 535
-Lifeline 505
-Sawneeks 589
-30yearsofhurt 609
-Swamped 616

Not a great start for Sawneeks. We know lifeline is town. Good chance we'll find out today if Swamped is. Then 30, who I think i'd happily vote for as well.

If 30 is scum, you can look at the D1 votes on him to see some interesting stuff.

30yearsofhurt
-acohrs 238
-hey_monkey 354 405
-Sawneeks 397 532
-WhereAreMahDragonz 462

Acohrs, who has a bandwagon of sorts built against him. monkey with an early fakey vote, sawneeks with an early fakey vote, and WAMD, who is town. He was on contention for a lynch yesterday near the end. Starting to think most of what happened was to save him, not BB. It's also making me rethink Swamped as I go through all of this. Anyway, so far, none of them have actively voted against 30 again today.

If Swamped is scum as well, note that none of these people I'm mentioning have votes on her except Launch.

30 is currently on Blarg, who I town read now that some sense has kicked in.

I dunno. Seems like some weird shit might be going down between Monkey, 30, Verelios(sawneeks), and Isaac.

Oh, if you're wondering what prompted all of this, it's monkey's recent comment about Isaac:

Palmer: my guess is Isaac will be replaced. Is that a preemptive strike against anyone who'd come in on that spot as well?

That post triggered me a bit. First, she's protecting Isaac who is probably scum. Second, it's like she knows Isaac is going to get replaced due to info from a different thread that most of us don't have access to.

With all of that said, I'm still not sure about lynching Swamped, but i definitely think acohrs is a mistake. I'm still going to go back through sawneeks/verelios osts to see if anything other than voting patterns stand out.

My guess that Isaac will be replaced comes from noticing he's not in the thread at all.

Why do you think acohrs is a mistake vs Isaac vs, say, 30? Or anyone else low - I'm still on mobile. Nomadic as Oreo replacement, probably. 30 did come in finally and tell us he had a deadline, so there's that.

I'm up for considering someone else. I just think acohrs has been trying to look like someone who is doing something while doing nothing. Isaac's biggest and only real move was yelling about Palmer a little but not with any substance.

And how am I protecting Isaac by asking if you think it's a good idea to get rid of someone to preempt having to fully re-examine a replacement? Reading into that a bit, dude. I didn't even say it was a bad idea. Are we gonna do this thing again?

Natiko

Banned
I could see a case to be made for acorn being a neutral instead of scum (perhaps that's why he was eager to try and get people to read into SF's posts and find justification for a "scum" kill when it's possible now it was a neutral killer all along). I really, really don't see a good case to be made for why he's town though.

Palmer_v1

My guess that Isaac will be replaced comes from noticing he's not in the thread at all.

Why do you think acohrs is a mistake vs Isaac vs, say, 30? Or anyone else low - I'm still on mobile. Nomadic as Oreo replacement, probably. 30 did come in finally and tell us he had a deadline, so there's that.

I'm up for considering someone else. I just think acohrs has been trying to look like someone who is doing something while doing nothing. Isaac's biggest and only real move was yelling about Palmer a little but not with any substance.

I'm pretty interested in Isaac, and 30 flips now.

Launch replaced moon, who was a nothing read, and I don't even have a baseline to go off of from previous games. Launch himself came in hard, and is doing a great job of at least SEEMING like town, though I question his tunneling on WAMD and Swamped. If swamped flipped town, he'd probably be my #1 scum suspect. i'm just noticing thatmoon is a no lynch vote D1 which is a big red flag for me normally.

Verelios replaced Sawneeks, who I had been ignoring mostly. I'm going to check her posts again to see whats going on there, but first, some voting stuff. Verelios hasn't really done a lot since showing up. Maybe scum who thinks they can coast for a while as a replacement.

Then Nomadic Sparks replaced Oreamunsta, who was coasting hard, which is similar to what they did in Anime when they were scum.

Semi-related, here are the people that ended on WAMD D1.

WhereAreMahDragonz
-30yearsofhurt 406 535
-Lifeline 505
-Sawneeks 589
-30yearsofhurt 609
-Swamped 616

Not a great start for Sawneeks. We know lifeline is town. Good chance we'll find out today if Swamped is. Then 30, who I think i'd happily vote for as well.

If 30 is scum, you can look at the D1 votes on him to see some interesting stuff.

30yearsofhurt
-acohrs 238
-hey_monkey 354 405
-Sawneeks 397 532
-WhereAreMahDragonz 462

Acohrs, who has a bandwagon of sorts built against him. monkey with an early fakey vote, sawneeks with an early fakey vote, and WAMD, who is town. He was on contention for a lynch yesterday near the end. Starting to think most of what happened was to save him, not BB. It's also making me rethink Swamped as I go through all of this. Anyway, so far, none of them have actively voted against 30 again today.

If Swamped is scum as well, note that none of these people I'm mentioning have votes on her except Launch.

30 is currently on Blarg, who I town read now that some sense has kicked in.

I dunno. Seems like some weird shit might be going down between Monkey, 30, Verelios(sawneeks), and Isaac.

Oh, if you're wondering what prompted all of this, it's monkey's recent comment about Isaac:

That post triggered me a bit. First, she's protecting Isaac who is probably scum. Second, it's like she knows Isaac is going to get replaced due to info from a different thread that most of us don't have access to.

With all of that said, I'm still not sure about lynching Swamped, but i definitely think acohrs is a mistake. I'm still going to go back through sawneeks/verelios osts to see if anything other than voting patterns stand out.

30 is pretty much playing the exact same way he played in Anime for better or worse which puts him for me more as town then scum. Same reason why oreo is on ym scum list its because before he got subbed he was playing exactly as he did in anime which was coasting and sometimes popping up and defending himself when i called him out.

Palmer_v1

30 is pretty much playing the exact same way he played in Anime for better or worse which puts him for me more as town then scum. Same reason why oreo is on ym scum list its because before he got subbed he was playing exactly as he did in anime which was coasting and sometimes popping up and defending himself when i called him out.

Nomad is like 4th or 5th on the list I'd like to see flipped right now. His most recent post seems scummy in particular.

Any opinions on the rest?

Natiko

Banned
Palmer, you've now drawn a connection between monkey and Isaac as well as monkey and 30. In that case, why not vote for monkey since it would seemingly solidify two other scum reads in your mind?

Verelios

God damn, I just subbed in yesterday and had to read through 29 pages of the game while, yeah, participating as much as possible so get out of here with that low hanging fruit. Even if you want to set up some mislynches to sway people away from your vanilla claim you don't have to be so indiscriminate.

Palmer_v1

Palmer, you've now drawn a connection between monkey and Isaac as well as monkey and 30. In that case, why not vote for monkey since it would seemingly solidify two other scum reads in your mind?

Because Monkey is active, while the other two are not. I'm trying to abide by initial desire to not cannibalize active players. If I'm wrong, and all three are town, it's much worse for us to lose Monkey than it is to lose the other two.

Palmer_v1

God damn, I just subbed in yesterday and had to read through 29 pages of the game while, yeah, participating as much as possible so get out of here with that low hanging fruit. Even if you want to set up some mislynches to sway people away from your vanilla claim you don't have to be so indiscriminate.

yup, that's the kinda attack scum like to make against me. Zero substance. i'll come back for you after I check Sawneek's posts.

Natiko

Banned
Because Monkey is active, while the other two are not. I'm trying to abide by initial desire to not cannibalize active players. If I'm wrong, and all three are town, it's much worse for us to lose Monkey than it is to lose the other two.
Which I anticipated would be your response, but if you flip say isaac and he's town - won't you just be back at this angle the next day but with 30?

Palmer_v1

Which I anticipated would be your response, but if you flip say isaac and he's town - won't you just be back at this angle the next day but with 30?

Possibly. Isaac is not AS directly part of the day end stuff, so I'd rather get 30 first for that reason. He flips town, I'm fairly sure I fucked up the whole theory. If he's scum, than we might get several scum out of the deal. Seems like it's worth the risk to me.

Despite his overreaction, Verelios and Sawneeks are further down my list right now as well than both 30 and isaac as well. I have 46 sawneeks posts to go through right now.

Natiko

Banned
That was so last page, WAMD is dead, get over it man.
I'm not going to get over your derogatory play as town until you start doing better. You do realize had you not been mod confirmed as town you'd be the one leading the votes right? You won't have such a luxury most games and it will end exactly how it did for you in Arkham. It's like you want people to disregard your opinions.

Natiko

Banned
Possibly. Isaac is not AS directly part of the day end stuff, so I'd rather get 30 first for that reason. He flips town, I'm fairly sure I fucked up the whole theory. If he's scum, than we might get several scum out of the deal. Seems like it's worth the risk to me.

Despite his overreaction, Verelios and Sawneeks are further down my list right now as well than both 30 and isaac as well. I have 46 sawneeks posts to go through right now.
I'd gladly flip to a 30 vote currently if that has more traction than an acorn one. I scum read both more than anyone else in the game.

I would really like to know why isaac over the others and why you think acohrs isn't a threat, Palmer. Here's what I've got:

To me, the only thing that seems to move isaac from just inactive to inactive+possible scum is that when he's posted it's been really obnoxious, like a parody of scum. Which would be way too obvious in an experienced player but I'm sure could happen in a fuck the police, I won't listen to my team scum player. In fact, he's only done one thing really at all besides literally screaming for Palmer's blood - and it was voting for Swamped and thinking Swamped and Palmer are scumbuddies. But really just shitposting obnoxious nonsense.

acohrs has also done only one thing, really: a reads post on Darryl that was summary and came to nothing. Null on Darryl, maybe some connections between Darryl and LL and LaunchPad, but there's no substance in it (or in the quick follow up after). Lot of shitposting obnoxious nonsense also.

Honestly, I'd call 'em equal. I'd be fine with flipping with either. I'm less inclined to go after 30 because I prefer to give some consideration to people who say they have something going on. Now if we're voting 30 because people wanna argue for him as scum, I'd listen.

What are your thoughts on lynching Swamped?

Is this your idea? Wasn't Dragz flipping scum supposed to lead to Swamped? Cause I don't want a bar of your fruit-loopery. You're shooting for scum mvp status. Can anyone sane please answer my question.

I'm not voting till I see a cognitive argument from someone. Anyone. Well anyone who isn't LL.
I can't see swamped and I cant see acohrs.

UNVOTE

SkyOdin

I've been promising to do this for a few days, but here is the explanation for the scum team read I gave at the start of this day phase.

VOTE: BlackBuzzard

You knew what that post would call for.

Expected from a disgusting heathen.

Vote: Natiko

why do you hate the one true flavour?!

I'm not a monster.

Vote: Sawneeks

Vote: Sawneeks

Everyday she strays further from god's pineapple loving light

vote: oreomunsta

Bastardizing MLK is an auto-vote. Unless you give me a good reason to believe you're on the right side of history.

VOTE: Blargonaut

What are your favorite pizza toppings?

I like to lynch new players, something about my childhood from when i was new.

Vote: Moonkid

also just as a general heads up I'm still in classes + work so I won't be as active as I usually am. probably. wouldn't be a new thing if I put off homework for mafia. >.>;;

you'll still get my multi-post super summaries though, those aren't going away.

<3

I'll have you and WAMD know I'm still ordering pizza tonight.

Good.

Pineapple-less

Pizza.

Wow. Now you're trying to deflect to another player. Literal scum here.

What are you some kind of cop? No wait gafia doesn't have cops.

I believe Palmer's claim for meta reasons. On D1, scum tend to play really cool and casually as since there's nothing to go on, any variation from the norm might lead to a player's lynch. Don't see scum being so bold as a result.

However, their claim is something to reevaluate on a later day after more data.

vote: 30yearsofhurt

Why do you love the hammer and sheep?

So...are you saying you don't want to talk about your ideas because you're scared people might vote you for it? A townie shouldn't fear voicing their opinions.

VOTE: hey_monkey
Here is a large, albeit slightly incomplete list or early Day 1 votes made with little to justification, and some of the responses to those votes. My scum hunting started here; I was hoping to find signs of scum trying to lay votes or suspicion on each other in order to distance themselves from each other in the minds of town. A lot of these votes were probably made in jest, or just to get conversation going. However, the possibility that there was collusion involved couldn't be ignored.

Now, a bit later, 30years asked for a reminder about his Blarglist reads. I told him, but through in a request for an acohrs read on a whim, because I honestly couldn't think of much acohrs had said. This was 30years answer to that request and my subsequent follow-up:
Oh okay.

Stan is a kiwi who has priors for non-attendance. I'm reading tardy more than scum.

Sexyfish has nothing but fluff to read because of family matters. Which should be understandable to some people. I'm not going to shit on him or his situation for the sake of a game of mafia. And on D1 no less.

acohrs mistakenly believes me to be a kiwi. Seems to be playing the game properly. Not reading anything but orthodox town. Will probably be one of the leaders of town. But then again I thought the same about Cabot.

Maybe cause I feel bad for her lynching in Anime and chatting with her in the spectator thread after I got booted. She's already explained it herself here anyway.

Just the 'vibe'. Sounds like he knows what he's doing. You' can't really avoid fluff on D1 though. Especially given the nature of the 'flavour' of this game. And I use that word very loosely.
Are you saying I should be sus of something acohrs has said?
Now, 30years and acohrs are two of the most invisible players in this game. 30years has given a reason for this (important real life matters), but acohrs really hasn't. Furthermore, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something really strange about this read of 30years. A super town reading on acohrs, who had an unexplained vote on 30years from the start of the game? It didn't add up.

Through in acohrs' sketchy posts when he showed up today, and my scum read on him has only increased.

At the start of today, I was still suspicious of BB, because of how Day 1ended. That was passed on to Natiko because of their interactions at the start of Day 1. At this point however, I don't really know how to read BB at all, and I am inclined to trust Natiko's miller claim, on the basis that he seems to be making good reads and is fairly active. So I would rather focus on 30years and acohrs for now. Of those two, 30years is busy in real life, so that leaves acohrs.

SkyOdin

I'm not going to get over your derogatory play as town until you start doing better. You do realize had you not been mod confirmed as town you'd be the one leading the votes right? You won't have such a luxury most games and it will end exactly how it did for you in Arkham. It's like you want people to disregard your opinions.
If lifeline becomes a role character in GAFia 4, it will probably be Miller.

Palmer_v1

I would really like to know why isaac over the others and why you think acohrs isn't a threat, Palmer. Here's what I've got:

To me, the only thing that seems to move isaac from just inactive to inactive+possible scum is that when he's posted it's been really obnoxious, like a parody of scum. Which would be way too obvious in an experienced player but I'm sure could happen in a fuck the police, I won't listen to my team scum player. In fact, he's only done one thing really at all besides literally screaming for Palmer's blood - and it was voting for Swamped and thinking Swamped and Palmer are scumbuddies. But really just shitposting obnoxious nonsense.

acohrs has also done only one thing, really: a reads post on Darryl that was summary and came to nothing. Null on Darryl, maybe some connections between Darryl and LL and LaunchPad, but there's no substance in it (or in the quick follow up after). Lot of shitposting obnoxious nonsense also.

Honestly, I'd call 'em equal. I'd be fine with flipping with either. I'm less inclined to go after 30 because I prefer to give some consideration to people who say they have something going on. Now if we're voting 30 because people wanna argue for him as scum, I'd listen.

I did just argue for him as scum.

Natiko, could you link to your previous 30 arguments?

Natiko

Banned
I did just argue for him as scum.

Natiko, could you link to your previous 30 arguments?
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=237758229

I've been on mobile for most of the game, but my reasoning is in my reads list from last night. I could show the work next time I'm on PC if needed.

Vote: 30yearsofhate

Still think I'm scum, btw?
Ehh, if I had to pick a scum team you may still end up as the fourth person on it but that's because I still don't have a solid scum read on four people.

Natiko

Banned
For the record, I don't scum read either acorn or 30 for being inactive. It's that when they do post they blatantly don't bring anything to the table. Pretty sure they aren't the least active players (though I don't have access to the post count). Combine their purposeful coasting with a few strange moments (30's odd read on acorn, acorn's long read that was more summary than read, acorn's disappearance acts after trying to make a splash, etc.) and that's why they both sunk to the bottom.

So I'll post all this but I will say that my gut is 30 is town like in anime. I can see the logic behind possible connections but my guess - and it's just a guess - is that 30 is just this guy, you know? And he's not like gaming or going in on shit, but just talking without thinking too hard about the implications. So I'm hesitant to say SCUM! but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was.

I'm of two minds on this. First, we have to look for little things and slips. It's our job. But sometimes those little things and slips aren't little things and slips, they're just someone being talky and not thinking about the wording.

I'm biased on this, clearly, because I think just talking and not considering my wording is part of what got me killed last game and my sympathy may only be my bias. In the interest of transparency, I'm trying to put all my thoughts out there.

Caveat aside, here's some stuff on 30.

Also I wanna nominate myself as official mafia librarian evidence puller. someone get me a tag. lol.

His "assigned" reads (with the weird acohrs comment):

Oh okay.

Stan is a kiwi who has priors for non-attendance. I'm reading tardy more than scum.

Sexyfish has nothing but fluff to read because of family matters. Which should be understandable to some people. I'm not going to shit on him or his situation for the sake of a game of mafia. And on D1 no less.

acohrs mistakenly believes me to be a kiwi. Seems to be playing the game properly. Not reading anything but orthodox town. Will probably be one of the leaders of town. But then again I thought the same about Cabot.

his own reads:

Didn't know i was being asked a question.
Some of my posts may seem like fluff because I really don't have much to add yet.

If you want my reads:

Palmer
Just came right out and said DON'T INVESTIGATE ME OR ELSE.
Thought it was odd until Oreo came to his defense and mentioned the Godfather role.
So we may never know Palmer's true alignment until he is lynched or killed.
I'm a little confused how we can deal with this particular elephant in the room.
Even with this being role madness what benefit can there be to town with vanilla town coming out and declaring themselves so? Do we waste a lynch to find out if he's lying?
I don't have an answer.

Oreo
Oreo has a question mark solely for his defence of Palmer.

Dragonz
Where's the fun loving dragz from anime. She seems to be playing differently. More deliberately. Only one flippant smily face thing when I facetiously asked her if she had a kill role. Does she suddenly have more at stake in this game.

Although I am against D1 lynches I know they go down like lead balloons here. So I'm probably going to go with Dragz. But I may change depending on what I can deduce as I go along.

Vote: WhereAreMahDragonz

Nothing personal but I really can't any convincing arguments yet and you are behaving different. For that matter monkey is too but she already said why that is and I trust her.

He's questioned on acohrs:
Just the 'vibe'. Sounds like he knows what he's doing. You' can't really avoid fluff on D1 though. Especially given the nature of the 'flavour' of this game. And I use that word very loosely.
Are you saying I should be sus of something acohrs has said?

questioned again:
I was asked this early in the game and I was going off about three posts by achors.
They sounded pretty level headed. I do find him now to be coasting though.
I'm not coasting. I've got a COB deadline today.
I'm seriously considering dropping out of this game.

later he cools on acohrs
Yeah oreo, acohrs and darryl have been awfully quiet.
Hard to read if you say nothing.

Palmer_v1

First half:

I know that picture you posted was before the game even started but you disgust me.

If loving Pineapple is wrong then I don't want to be right.

Agree with all of these, especially the last part.

After having watched/played in a few games where Scum won by coasting to victory I'm going to be paying extra close attention to coasters this time around. I've seen way too many Towns lately tear themselves apart while Scum sat back and watched.

Early posting is the same for most people. Does seem willing to go with the inactive lynch plan, but ends up on WAMD at the end anyway.

Going with my tradition of 'prod vote someone I've never played with before...'

Vote: SexyFish

Hello! What's your favorite Pizza Topping? What do you plan to do differently in this game as opposed to your last game? Can you explain to me why Pineapple should never be on a Pizza or Burger?

Coasting/skating refers to someone who posts 'just enough' to be participating but isn't terribly engaged in the game. They often become 'forgotten' and just sort of blend in with the crowd which is where Mafia like to hide sometimes.

If you have any other questions about phrases and such don't be afraid to ask either. We often get caught up in our terms and forget that not everyone knows them but we're always happy to explain. :x

Random prod happens to turn out town. Probably a coincidence but amusing nonetheless.

also just as a general heads up I'm still in classes + work so I won't be as active as I usually am. probably. wouldn't be a new thing if I put off homework for mafia. >.>;;

you'll still get my multi-post super summaries though, those aren't going away.

<3

I'll have you and WAMD know I'm still ordering pizza tonight.

Good.

Pineapple-less

Pizza.

Informational

Like a 5.5 to a 6, enough to give make me raise an eyebrow but not enough to be lighting a torch. yet.

Why did you direct this at me specifically? Also, your thoughts on it?

I see we're all answering questions for each other now. :x

lol

Hi Darryl, it's been a while. Can you explain your vote on me? Because I get your suspicion on BB and Natiko in their interactions but I'm lost on how Burb asking me a question results in your vote.

thanks

This feels like a halfhearted deflection :x

Null

also I ordered pizza

it was good.

Fluff

Fair enough.

The conversation does feel forced/awkward but I don't know if it's just the way it's worded or how their back-and-forth is and I don't know what to, if anything, gain from it. I also kinda feel like it's worth noting that Nat did open the game with a joke vote on BB for his pre-game post which also leaves me scratching my head. If this is all artificial I'm not sure I would understand the joke-vote leading into the forced argument in such a short amount of time, that just seems incredibly brash to me.

Well if Kyan's perspective is anything to go off of: it's very annoying.

It's also not even 6 hours into Day 1 and no one has voted for you over this so I'm not sure where you're getting this lynching aspect from. We have an entire Day Phase left and not even half of the player roster has even checked in yet. The only thing that happened is Burb made a note of it and then Darryl ( plus comments from a few others ) came in and ran with it, not even voting for you during that process.

You can at least understand that in a sea of joke posts when something weird happens people will take note of it, right? :x

Burb and sawneeks convo felt more manufactured than anything.

I can't speak for Burb but that was not how your vote or Burb's question came across. Burb's felt like a probe for my opinion whereas your vote felt like I was missing some logic steps which is why I asked you about it. I mean, I can at least understand-ish your logic for my vote now even if I don't agree with it I suppose.

Felt it was more implied than you directly saying 'hey i might be lynched' since you're equating 'people getting lynched for being loud' to your current situation, i.e. you will be lynched for acting 'odd'.

Also I agree, it is Day 1 and there is hardly ever anything to talk about, especially this early on. That's why when there is something to even lightly discuss and get people's opinions on it gets brought up, because if there isn't then we're back at square one. At that point we may as well not do anything since it will be a crapshoot instead of at least trying to figure things out instead of waiting for it to fall in our laps.

I feel like this is a record for an Ordinary claim on Day 1.

That doesn't mean I agree with it though

If you're telling the truth then actual PRs are now more likely to get hit, all because you feel like you're the better Scum Hunter.

:x

You started great...theeeen you fell back off again.

What are your thoughts on Palmer's claim?

Going against natiko a bit, and questioning my claim without committing to anything.

Also for the record I begrudgingly, slightly believe Palmer.

I don't see Scum claiming this early and so out-of-the-blue like that, Palmer would get lynched if he got anywhere near MyLo/LyLo with that.

I won't rule out Neutral though.

Still no real commitment on me.

That's because I am uncertain, we're picking at semantics here and I'm still trying to get my bearings on playing again because I haven't played since early January and it's taking me a bit to get back into things. I feel like I'm grasping at straws but I'm also not willing to let conversation trail off and die while waiting for something else to appear. I'd at least like to try even if I'm not entirely confident in what I'm doing.

As for 'prospective wrong-doing' I'm assuming you mean my response towards understanding your logic even if I don't agree? That was towards your accusation me of working with Nat and BB. I can see where your logic came to that ( 'who else talked with BB in a way I felt was weird? Oh, Saw!' ) but I don't agree with your conclusion about it. That first part however was my bad, I definitely worded that poorly. What I meant to say was that Burb's question did not come across the way you felt that it did and I wanted to comment on that myself. I still have trouble seeing how you interpreted Burb's question in that way to throw this around on me and that's what I was trying to convey.

At the same time I don't feel strongly enough about my disagreement of your opinion here to climb to the rooftops and yell "I DISAGREE WITH DARRYL AND THEREFORE THINK HE IS SCUM". It's more of a 'yeah, okay, I guess I can see that? i wouldn't have come to that conclusion but ok' kind of a disagreement. Call it a passive shade throw if you want to but I don't take every weird thing I see and yell at someone about it, that's not how I play. :x

Fighting with Darryl a bit.

My issue, besides robbing a PR of a potential extra Night, is that it places you in that weird 'just uncertain enough' zone that a Non-Survivor Neutral would thrive in. Scum wouldn't kill you unless they thought you were bluffing and we have no reason to lynch you besides a weird early claim but we also have no reason to 100% trust you either. You'd be in the perfect spot to go about for a few Day Phases to fulfill a Neutral Win Con and leave.

I also don't like the whole 'hey PRs just goooo elsewhere! thanks!'. You might be being honest here but we have no way to prove that other than your word in a social game about lying. :p

Bad logic. Neutrals need to take night actions. Unless I'm a ninja, I'm almost certainly fucked by claiming ordinary.

I'm not talking lynch, I'm talking NK. The benefit of being Ordinary is you can take a hit at Night instead of a Doctor or Cop dying. If Palmer is Town, him revealing he's 'ordinary' means Scum can ignore him and hit other players to look for PRs instead of accidentally killing someone without a power.

True

What would you classify as a 'useful' Townie?

You lost me at this part. :x

I didn't notice that, thank you for pointing it out.

To be honest that's kinda where I'm at as well. I'm so used to 'NO, claiming early is bad' that I'm distrusting Palmer's claim right off the bat but breaking it down leads me to believe this is either a Gambit ( which could be any alignment at this point ) or he's being honest. And Palmer doesn't strike me as one to pull a gambit.

Good logic.

&#3232;_&#3232;

As I was driving home from class I was thinking 'man, hopefully there isn't too much to catch up on I have a bunch of homework tonight'

but I wasn't expecting it to be this quiet.

let me eat dinner and I'll be back to throw some questions out to hopefully get folks talking. I was hoping after the 24 hour mark too that everyone would have checked in but we're still missing Stan and Blarg, right? Not to mention the people who have maybe posted once so far.

brb

null filler

Now class, I will be back later to grade your assignments. I have my own homework to do and will respond back when I get the chance to, but hopefully this will get the ball rolling and not let it slowly grind to a halt.

01. [m] isaacnukem - New - UTC+8
- You posed a question towards Natiko here but after he answered you never followed up on it. Why? What did you think of the back-and-forth between him and Darryl?

02. [m] Moonkid - New - GMT+12
- Swamped already pointed it out but who do you believe is 'stirring the pot' so far? Also what do you think about Palmer's claim?

03. [they] Darryl - EST
- What are your thoughts on Palmer? Also, what are your thoughts on BB's 'joke' reads list?

04. [m] Lifeline - EST
- I was impressed with your previous game and would like to know what your thoughts/impressions are here so far. Palmer, any players that may stick out to you, and your general thoughts so far?

05. [m] SkyOdin - PDT
- You've mentioned not wanting to lynch 'useful' Townies and hope for better Scum Hunting. Who, if anyone, would you classify as 'useful' right now? Also, since you have mentioned wanting scum hunting Townies to stick around to figure things out, why haven't you done the same? It's early, I know I know, but arguably myself, Darryl, Nat, and slightly BB/Burb got into a light discussion earlier but I don't believe you commented on it at all. Why?

06. [f] hey_monkey - EST
- You mention towards Day End you're going to reevaluate the thread and look for those who aren't 'scum hunting'. Is there anyone currently you feel falls into that hole? Other than those who haven't posted at all, obviously. Also you mentioned feeling worried about giving your full thoughts because it might lead people to 'tunnel' on you. Which do you feel is better for a Townie to do: Give your full thoughts so they may be used later after your lynch/death or keeping things hidden that may be controversial in order to stay alive?

07. [m] SexyFish - EST
- You mentioned that you don't believe Palmer is Scum because doing so is a risk in these 'flavorful fruit-filled times'. What did you mean by this? Also, how do you plan to hunt for Scum in this game? You also mentioned you got lynched last time for being 'too jumpy', how do you plan to change that this time around?

08. [m] Dr. Worm - EST
- I actually don't really have a question for you as you've been kinda giving your thoughts here and there. We've discussed Palmer but is there anyone sticking out to you at all? And why?

09. [m] Palmer_v1 - CST
- So far you've only really played defense as you've mostly just been using time to explain your position and since you'll be busy for the rest of the Day Phase it's kinda hard to ask you for offense. I do see that you mentioned lynching coasters on D1 and my question is how would you decide which coaster to lynch? or what are you specifically looking for when it comes to picking that coaster?

11. [f] Sawneeks - PST
- <3

12. [m] 30yearsofhurt - GMT+10
- Lots of one-sentence jokes here and there. My question to you is what do you look for when scum hunting? And do you believe in lynching an active player or a coasting player today? You also didn't really comment on Palmer's claim; do you believe him? Why or why not?

13. [m] oreomunsta - GMT
- You ignored Palmer's claim and never commented on it. What are your thoughts? Do you believe him? Why?

14. [m] BlackBuzzard - CET
- You ignored it but what do you think of Swamped calling out your joke reads list as having WAMD the only 100% Townie? What do you think of Darryl, Burb, and Nat? Why did you make the reads list?

15. [m] Burbeting - GMT+2
- It's been a bit but what do you plan to do differently between now and the last time we played together ( Quarantine )? Do you support Palmer's idea of lynching coasters today?

16. [m] acohrs - GMT
- You mentioned that you don't believe Palmer is Scum because any deviation from the norm on Day 1 usually leads to someone's lynch. Currently it's look like Palmer won't be lynched, in fact most people are believing him. Does this change your perception of his claim at all? Since he did deviate from the norm but there hasn't been much backlash to it.

17. [m] Natiko - EST
- You mentioned on the last page that there really isn't much to do until Day End where we can reevaluate and look for coasters. However, earlier I mentioned discussing you and BB and I felt like you effectively tried to shut that conversation down. If you don't wish to discuss behavior on Day 1 then what do you plan to do in order to decide who to lynch? If we just 'lynch a coaster' what do you think we will learn from that?

18. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - MST
- You've mentioned wanting to go back to this moment in the future if Palmer 'misbehaves' in any way to look for reactions and what people said. My question is if you plan to do that why aren't you pushing the people who haven't said anything about Palmer what they think of him?

19. [f] Swamped - EST
- In your 'players to look out for post' you mentioned Burb, Sky, WAMD, and Darryl but what are you current thoughts on them? Do you agree we should lynch a coaster today? Also, Monkey answered your question but you kept the vote there, why?

M.I.A.
10. [m] Blargonaut - GMT
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12

Since you both haven't had the chance to check in yet, general thoughts on the game so far would be great. Even if it's something small and minute, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Super into keeping me the focus of attention despite seeming to think i'm town previously? Almost seems disappointed that I'm not being attacked by more people.

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying.

My response that you called hesitant can be found in your post here and I responded in this post here. My uncertainty was not towards your accusation against me which I detailed:

"That's because I am uncertain, we're picking at semantics here and I'm still trying to get my bearings on playing again because I haven't played since early January and it's taking me a bit to get back into things. I feel like I'm grasping at straws but I'm also not willing to let conversation trail off and die while waiting for something else to appear. I'd at least like to try even if I'm not entirely confident in what I'm doing."

My uncertainty was in what direction to go in and what path I should take to try and find answers since it had been so long since I last played. At the same time, as I said above, I did not want conversation to simply die off while trying to figure that out and that's why I still responded to you despite not feeling entirely confident with that line after you answered my question. Hence the "I mean, I can at least understand-ish your logic for my vote now even if I don't agree with it I suppose" line that you called out as being too hesitant.

And before you go and say 'well how could you be uncertain with that line if you know I'm wrong' let me finish. As I said in the quote you pulled "It's more of a 'yeah, okay, I guess I can see that? i wouldn't have come to that conclusion but ok' kind of a disagreement" and I specifically said I don't take every weird thing and weird disagreement and go 'look! Scum!' and drill in like how you play. Just because I know you're wrong in your conclusion doesn't mean I also think you're Scum for doing so.

Okay, then if there are better things to discuss and you don't want to discuss one of these things - what do you want to talk about?

Hope your laptop gets fixed soon!

We'll drop the 'useful' title then but since you don't feel like you have strong reads my question still remains of what you think of the discussion that myself, Darryl, Nat, and BB/Burb got into towards the start of the Day Phase since you never gave thoughts on it. Also what you want people to 'weigh in' on when they're here since you've never really put questions out to people.

She asks a lot of questions but hasn't weighed in on much herself.

Okay so instead of quoting 13-ish posts I'm just going to give a blanket thank you to everyone who actually responded to my questions so far. It was very appreciated!

Swamped pointed this out as well but I'm curious as to why this specifically gives you Town vibes?

More of me just pointing it out but this feels very....uh, the word isn't coming to me but almost withheld? Like, afraid to put your opinion out there.

I'm willing to give it a pass on Day 1 because you're a new player but it is something I will be keeping on eye on. :x

also i have no idea why but this made me laugh really hard. thank you.

If that's the case what do you plan to look for in a lynch candidate for today?

...y-yes?

>.>

<.<

v.v

You gotta check the board more, I posted the answer in scum chat.

No

Also, I agree with Sky here. I see no issue with Blarg's idea other than I would find it better if we got some more overlap with players like a few have already suggested. Having players put down their thoughts on others will help us later on when we find Scum and can look back and see what they thought about others as well as find possible inconsistencies with someone's thoughts.

I also agree that it would be worth 'pushing' players that only do the bare minimum of these reads. I'm not saying be crazy and read all living players every Day Phase ( more power to you if you do though ) but coming in, hitting your 10 post count, posting your 2 reads and then leaving would be skirting the line and I would be fine giving those players some scrutiny.

What do you mean by this? 'I want to lean Town' is a very weird choice of words. Do you or do you not lean Town on him?

More of the same. Semi-resistant to blarg's choices for reads. Want to check on his choices based on my current theory.

We played in Quarantine if that counts, I stole Director from you last minute. :p

Also I believe I posted about it earlier but I am going to be busy this game because of classes and work. I was able to skim the thread earlier today but I didn't have enough time to properly respond to everything until now.

Null

And because I feel like I need to say this once per game:

Explain! Your! Votes!

Don't just drop a vote and leave, tell me why you're voting for that person. Not explaining your votes means you have to come back later on and give us a reason and, if you're Scum, it means you have time to make up a reason well after you actually voted.

Good post.

Pretty much. There were a few I might go back to but I wanted to get the majority of this taken care of first before I went back and sat down with the others.

One of them was yours actually so I might as well bring that up here since we're talking. I didn't quote it because I was going to role this into my read of you but i feel like you aren't trying to Scum Hunt. It was brought up before but when you said there are far better things to discuss on Day 1 and when I suggested something to talk about you essentially shut it down and didn't want to talk. You did that again in regards to Palmer as well that Monkey pointed out. I know your defense has been around Gafia's Meta of becoming obsessive with things and not wanting that to happen on you but at the same time I feel like because of your shut down of that initial discussion you're more apt to wait for things to happen than try and make them happen yourself.

It leaves me feeling not very confident about you; you strike me as a Player that will go out of their way to look for clues and answers when trying to find Scum and I don't feel that from you right now. Again, I get this feeling that you're just waiting for something to happen you can react to instead of being proactive about it. You've picked up as discussion has picked up but your initial unwillingness to push forward does not give me great feelings. Strikes me as Scum unwilling to push Town forward and not want to get discussion centered around them in the process.

SO

unless I just didn't notice it (because not everyone direct quoted me) these are the people that haven't responded back yet to my questions. Lifeline and Darryl haven't posted since then so I'm assuming they haven't had time to respond BUT that doesn't excuse the rest of you. Some of you have posted multiple times in between my question as well sooo

Dr. Worm, 30, and Blarg; why are you ignoring me? That's rude. :c

Vote: 30yearsofhurt

Because while Dr. Worm did ignore me I do like the questions he has asked and his contributions so far. Between Blarg and 30 I actually feel like 30 has had more 'fluff' posts or posts that haven't stuck out as much when compared to Blarg.

SexyFish I know you said you were busy with family issues ( and that's fine! hope everything is okay! ) so when you do get a chance to respond that would be great, thank you.

More back and forth with natiko. More questions. Here's the "prod" vote against 30. More to come in second post since these are too big for GAF.

Also I think Issac is neutral that has to get Palmer lynched, they kind of admitted it at the end of Day 1 when they thought Palmer was gonna be lynched.
Not sure how you inferred that, I voted for Palmer because he got the vanilla town thing rolling. Nice bonus that Swamped seems to have tried to save him.

Sophia

Day 2 votes

blackbuzzard (1)
dr. worm 640 (1477)
skyodin 708 (791)
lifeline 1318

swamped (3)
launchpadmcq 650
lifeline 657 (748)
isaacnukem 851 (855)
isaacnukem 855
lifeline 911 (1134)
darryl 1143
lifeline 1144 (1318)

dr. worm (0)
palmer_v1 659 (778)

burbeting (0)
darryl 697 (1143)

wherearemahdragonz (0)
lifeline 748 (911)

blargonaut (0)
palmer_v1 778 (1015)
30yearsofhurt 1198 (1525)
blargonaut 1204 (1218)

palmer_v1 (0)
blargonaut 849 (1019)

isaacnukem (0)
hey_monkey 858 (910)
palmer_v1 1494 (1531)

oreomunsta (0)
blackbuzzard 872 (1071)

iaaacnukem (1)
wherearemahdragonz 885

acohrs (4)
hey_monkey 910
skyodin 1056
natiko 1225
blargonaut 1226 (1245)
swamped 1264

natiko (2)
acohrs 960
blargonaut 1245

stanleypalmtree (1)
palmer_v1 1018 (1494)
burbeting 1130
lifeline 1134 (1144)

dr.worm (1)
blackbuzzard 1071

30yearsofhate (1)
palmer_v1 1531

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is currently 10

Day 2 ends in

cya_1495659600.png

Lifeline

Is this your idea? Wasn't Dragz flipping scum supposed to lead to Swamped? Cause I don't want a bar of your fruit-loopery. You're shooting for scum mvp status. Can anyone sane please answer my question.

I'm not voting till I see a cognitive argument from someone. Anyone. Well anyone who isn't LL.
I can't see swamped and I cant see acohrs.

UNVOTE

13024745.gif

Top Bottom