• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I wanted to post a brofist picture but all google gives me is PDP garbage. what the fuck.
Thanks tho - I have all Spookin vids on my Plex drive :)

Spookin' and Spelunkin', the gifts that keep on giving.

I'm catching up on the last playdate, I still really like Janina Gavankar. She's pretty much taking over the show in all the right ways.

jiggles

Banned
Abby wasn't kidding about blocking people on Twitter for joking about her Chicken Dinner contribution.

I'm seriously gutted. One of my favourite follows.

REGRETS

oti

Banned
1U4TKQEdSQy_DIIIPyFoqA.png

We can only hope.

Hasney

0 kills chicken dinners.

Get carried. ����

Point it out, get blocked on Twitter. Ain't nobody got time for all the haters. Probably people being playful about it getting caught in the crossfire of people actually being dicks about it.

I remember when I posted my chicken dinner with 0 wins

ya'll laughed at me

I came back with 8 kills and a chicken dinner

nobody laughed then

abby my child is the same, she'll come back with 20 kills and you will all bow

jiggles

Banned
My dog, she warned you. Come at abby you best not... Uh... Abby.

Well, the warning didn't actually show up in the "in case you missed it" section where I replied to her screenshot, but I can't really complain because I saw it like 5 seconds later and left it up, assuming it was just a gag.

jiggles

Banned
If anything, getting your first PUBG win makes the game 10x better. When you don't care as much about doing it and the pressure is off, you start experimenting more and having more fun.

There are still goals to strive for, like wanting to do it in whatever team configuration you haven't yet, wanting to carry someone else to their first, or wanting to be the last person standing if you were carried yourself, and the randomness of the circle still keeps every game feeling different.

Joey Ravn

Banned
If anything, getting your first PUBG win makes the game 10x better. When you don't care as much about doing it and the pressure is off, you start experimenting more and having more fun.

There are still goals to strive for, like wanting to do it in whatever team configuration you haven't yet, wanting to carry someone else to their first, or wanting to be the last person standing if you were carried yourself, and the randomness of the circle still keeps every game feeling different.

So... they are going to keep streaming more PUBG.

Mondays at Giant Bomb feel like this huge hole in the week for me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

This seriously reads like anytime you win a multiplayer game.

That's the thing that gets me about pubg, it's that they speak in these platitudes that makes me think "have you just not won a game online before?"

I mean i sorta get it seeing that winning a game in pubg is kind of a bigger ordeal than most.

edit: eh reading back on it I came out as a dick seeing that you didn't imply any of that as unique to PUBG. Sorry about that. Been doing a waypoint relisten and if you thought beastcast/bombcast talked way too much about PUBG waypoint will fry your mind, so it's just me unfairly lashing out from that.

patapuf

That's the thing that gets me about pubg, it's that they speak in these platitudes that makes me think "have you just not won a game online before?"

I mean i sorta get it seeing that winning a game in pubg is kind of a bigger ordeal than most.

Describing feelings is difficult .

I've definetly gotten goosebumps winning a tight dota 2 or CS match, but there's a pressure at the end of a PUBG match that's pretty unique. Of course it mellows out over time. My 50th chicken dinner didn't feel quite as special anymore.

That said, it's not just winning that feels great in PUBG and i don't even really go for wins anymore. I genuinley like the gunplay more than any other contemporary shooter. The pace of the gunfights especially in squads is something you usually only get in sims. The setup, stalking groups - or being stalked, the behaviour depending on the range of engament ect.

Joey Ravn

Banned
If only someone had a better idea how to produce content more efficiently on Mondays...

Hey, I'm not saying this shouldn't be playing whatever they want. I'm just saying PUBG is completely unappealing to me, so Mondays are the weakest day of the week contentwise for me.

edit: eh reading back on it I came out as a dick seeing that you didn't imply any of that as unique to PUBG. Sorry about that. Been doing a waypoint relisten and if you thought beastcast/bombcast talked way too much about PUBG waypoint will fry your mind, so it's just me unfairly lashing out from that.

Shouldn't have backed down.

Glad they finally got their chicken dinner. It wasn't as spectacular as it could have been, but they'll surely bring it back around GOTY time, so hopefully we'll still get more Murder Island this year.

It will be the only consolation to see them play it again when Jeff is too fucking stubborn to let it be eligible for actual GOTY, despite it clearly being GOTY.

I can't stand PUBG, but if they're going to dedicate so much time to this game, and then not call it their GOTY, then that's just weird. They're only beholden to themselves.

I've seen enough PUBG for my entire life. They won. Let's move on to more entertaining games.
This please

I won a Counter-Strike clan game once on the last round when it was 4 vs me on my own.

I also won a Modern Warfare 2 Search and Destroy round when it was 6 vs me and I had the bomb planted.

Those are the only two multiplayer moments which have rivalled getting Chicken Dinners in PUBG.

patapuf

Oh I know. I've edited my post. It was unfair of me to imply that.

Yeah, saw it too late.

I don't think you are entirely wrong regarding waypoint though. At least Patrick has mentioned that PUBG is pretty much the first time he is really into a competitive game and as far as i know Austin isn't a huge (competitive) MP guy either. That does come across a bit when they talk about it.

For me, the chicken dinner was as thrilling as a win on Rainbow Six: Siege. However, I didn't get hooked on PUBG mainly because I prefer the intimate nature of Siege and the quick planning you had to do since a match is only a few minutes long. They both offer the same kind of intensity. Siege is just on a much smaller scale.

oti

Banned
Hey, I'm not saying this shouldn't be playing whatever they want. I'm just saying PUBG is completely unappealing to me, so Mondays are the weakest day of the week contentwise for me.

My post is a reference to an idea I shared some days ago.

They should use Mondays to each stream from their home. That way we would have several hours of additional content on Monday with different games. Jeff could play old games. Dan Destiny 2. Jason some anime game. Brad Zelda or other Switch games. Or whatever they want, really. No fuss. Just the native streaming apps on consoles or PC.

That way they could produce more and more diverse content from their home with minimal effort. They could even overlap their streams and it would be up to users to watch them whenever they want.

This is such a good idea and I'm sure GB would never ever even consider it.

They should use Mondays to each stream from their home. That way we would have several hours of additional content on Monday with different games. Jeff could play old games. Dan Destiny 2. Jason some aime game. Brad Zelda or other Switch games. Or whatever they want, really. No fuss. Just the native streaming apps on consoles or PC.

That way they could produce more and more diverse content from their home with minimal effort. They could even overlap their streams and it would be up to users to watch them whenever they want.

This is sich a good idea and I'm sure GB would never ever even consider it.

Solo content is nearly always boring, combining the best of both coasts is literally the best stream material.

So glad you're not in charge of GB matey.

derFeef

They should use Mondays to each stream from their home. That way we would have several hours of additional content on Monday with different games. Jeff could play old games. Dan Destiny 2. Jason some aime game. Brad Zelda or other Switch games. Or whatever they want, really. No fuss. Just the native streaming apps on consoles or PC.

This is sich a good idea and I'm sure GB would never ever even consider it.

Yup, amazing idea.

Solo content is nearly always boring, combining the best of both coasts is literally the best stream material.

Yeah, extralife is always sooo boring. Man that Alex stream... such a chore!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, saw it too late.

I don't think you are entirely wrong regarding waypoint though. At least Patrick has mentioned that PUBG is pretty much the first time he is really into a competitive game and as far as i know Austin isn't a huge (competitive) MP guy either. That does come across a bit when they talk about it.

I also actually used to like reading articles on their site but man, sometimes it feels like a PUBG fansite.

oti

Banned

The fun thing is, you're seriously suggesting that their PUBG streams have been exciting. There were like two or three good episodes.

And by episodes I mean 10 minutes tops.

Brad's home stream was better than all of PUBG combined.

The fun thing is, you're seriously suggesting that their PUBG streams have been exciting. There were like two or three good episodes.

And by episodes I mean 10 minutes tops.

Brad's home stream was better than all of PUBG combined.

The best PUBG episode is still wizard Vinny followed by that shack moment with Alex. Nothing ever topped wizard Vinny to be honest.

swimbuff

I won a Counter-Strike clan game once on the last round when it was 4 vs me on my own.

I also won a Modern Warfare 2 Search and Destroy round when it was 6 vs me and I had the bomb planted.

Those are the only two multiplayer moments which have rivalled getting Chicken Dinners in PUBG.

Wow, you've sold me so hard on PUBG. Thanks! One of my fondest gaming memories is me in a 1v4 situation in the semis of a local CS 1.6 tournament that I won by killing the last guy with a knife. I don't think I've ever experienced a gaming high like that ever since.

I'm sure the road to a chicken dinner is similarly intense. I don't know why I didn't make a connection between the two earlier. Must be because I haven't played competitive FPS in a long time. Capturing that feeling again would be awesome.

Would you guys be interested in a sequel feature to SMS in which the gang plays through Super Mario 64? I would. They could even call it Steal My Star, which would keep the same initialism: SMS.

valeo

Wow, you've sold me so hard on PUBG. Thanks! One of my fondest gaming memories is me in a 1v4 situation in the semis of a local CS 1.6 tournament that I won by killing the last guy with a knife. I don't think I've ever experienced a gaming high like that ever since.

I'm sure the road to a chicken dinner is similarly intense. I don't know why I didn't make a connection between the two earlier. Must be because I haven't played competitive FPS in a long time. Capturing that feeling again would be awesome.

The feeling of winning in PUBG is very similar to those clutch moments in CS actually - I think it's the whole 'shit, my whole team is watching, I better not fuck up' feeling.

Not true at all. Winning in say, Overwatch, or Call of Duty, is a much different feeling.

Catvoca

Banned

I kind of feel the same. I like the odd Brad stream but cross-coast content is so much better than solo streams. I just wish they'd move on from PUBG and play different multiplayer games every Monday.

It will definitely conjure up that feeling.

The only difference for me is I only play solo, so unlike the two moments I described, nobody is watching me in PUBG.

Top Bottom