• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

mbpm1

Slower jabs, long normals strings, a lot of command normals, no reversals or attacks with a lot of invincibility frames were common themes with Tekken characters.

Kazuya has wave dashing and electrics. Ling has a really strong mixup game just by using normals without involving grabs, projectiles to set it up or even needing to keep frame traps in mind. Jin fireballs were more about space control than zooning, you keep someone out of their comfort zone in neutral instead of straight up keep away. Nina was really fun to use, the ultimate neutral character, think someone with Cammy's neutral(minus yolo dive kicks) of depending on hit confirms and buffered normals, but with Chun's normals reach and Tekken like juggles once you get a good confirm.

Did ling have all her stance stuff in xt

now you have me curious about messing with that game lol

Sayad

Did ling have all her stance stuff in xt

now you have me curious about messing with that game lol

Has both Rain Dance and Art of Phoenix. They weren't really good in neutrals but AoE could low profile a lot of jump ins which was hilarious. Has SFV normals reach but great walk speed and strong mixup once she's in.

Should Vega w/ claw on be getting out poked by Chun and Gief? I had a couple matches tonight where I got dominated in neutral by these two.
Don't know about Gief but Chun can, ultimately he's better due to walk speed, but not to the point where Chun can't out play him in neutral.

Autoblock gem was an abomination.

that's what made me quit Sfxt.

I actually really enjoyed the game too, it's just some DLC gems were ridiculous.

Played against a Zangief with autoblock gems just walking forward without a care in the world and SPD'ing my normals on block lol

I heard on the 8-4 play podcast that Tekken x SF is actually done, has been, and Bamco is waiting on a strategic time to launch it, lol.

If that's true then I'm kinda sad. It'll probably have TTT2 level visuals.

Skilletor

i'll let you run the set you owe me in SFxT

ayraF5b.png

King was basically Alex done right, a light grabler who's game plan doesn't revolve around an oki game and not shit..
weebey-whoa.gif

That's actually fucking accurate, King did a lot of what Alex can do only better. Marduk was also an INCREDIBLY fun character but he'd be really insane in a game that also has stun.

I heard on the 8-4 play podcast that Tekken x SF is actually done, has been, and Bamco is waiting on a strategic time to launch it, lol.
That makes no sense.

There's no way that's true. Most development isn't going to sit on a complete-to-nearly-complete game when they need to do marketing, testing for balance, testing for netcode, etc. Plus you essentially pay all of your employees during development, no way NB would be feeding money into a bunch of people who are doing nothing.

Pompadour

weebey-whoa.gif

That's actually fucking accurate, King did a lot of what Alex can do only better. Marduk was also an INCREDIBLY fun character but he'd be really insane in a game that also has stun.

Aside from creating the future USF4 characters (sans Decapre), Marduk and King were the best parts of SFxT. I loved whiffing King's Shining Wizard just so I could taunt my opponent with that goofy ass walk.

MCD250

I dunno about being "done", but I imagine Tekken X SF is probably pretty far along in the sense that they're likely reusing a bunch of assets, systems, animations, etc. from Tekken 7, and that game has already been out for a couple of years. The biggest task ahead would obviously be making the SF characters in 3D. I could see TXSF playing like a (perhaps older) version of T7 with some unique tweaks to give it its own gameplay identity.

Sayad

Form the things Harada said, the game's system and mechanics are done, but the project have been put on hold. That doesn't mean the game is anywhere near done though.

joe2187

Banned
weebey-whoa.gif

Marduk was so much fucking fun, god....why couldn't capcom just shill DLC costumes like they always do and not fuck with the Gems so that game could actually have a chance.

That's not how you spell Tekken 5, MARVEL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywuk-ga7sz8
While we're here talking about gems, what's making people think FLEX will be any different? The gougi system looks just as bad.
It's legit making me now doubt the game. This would be some straight Monkey's paw shit if it turned out to be anywhere near as bad as the gems.

But at least I don't THINK that FLEX will have gems as stupid as autoblocking, and even if they do they most certainly won't be paid DLC.

LakeEarth

that's what made me quit Sfxt.

I actually really enjoyed the game too, it's just some DLC gems were ridiculous.

Played against a Zangief with autoblock gems just walking forward without a care in the world and SPD'ing my normals on block lol

Yeah, Dhalsim was also a great autoblock character. Work the whole round to get in on him, and when you get in, his gem blocks everything for him. Yeah you could go for the throw, but you know he's ready for it because THAT'S ALL HE NEEDS TO BE READY FOR!

The gem as a crutch for beginners is a fine idea. But it should've never been usable online.

DunpealD

While we're here talking about gems, what's making people think FLEX will be any different? The gougi system looks just as bad.

They're probably not going to sell DLC Gems and it looks like those are permanent buffs. Got a better feeling about them than in SFxT.

liking SFV Juri
Don't even joke about that shit. I never said that. SFV Juri made me straight up quit the game for 3 months.

T4 had the best everything in a Tekken game except gameplay, roster, and music. If they rebalanced that game, or at least made it slightly closer to what T5 became, it would easily be the best Tekken.

Ayy lmao the SF movie is on AMC right now.

In its current state it's more busted than gems, like infinite super blockstrings that Fuudo almost attempted to do, constant super armor, and unseeable mixups. But that seems to be the charm, they know it's pretty OD at the moment and are tweaking things, but it's pretty much guaranteed the game is going to be insane once people get their hands on it.

I wonder if people are actually going to play a busted game. Like if people are whining about cheap stuff in fighting games would it really be fun if everything is busted? We can't even handle a slightly overpowered character. And all the good shit becomes the gold standard so people use it all the time over other busted things.

I'd rather they balance that shit but keep the fun. A little busted is alright as long as it doesn't result in people just shitting around with one deck/gougi and a few characters for viability.

mbpm1

I wonder if people are actually going to play a busted game. Like if people are whining about cheap stuff in fighting games would it really be fun if everything is busted? We can't even handle a slightly overpowered character. And all the good shit becomes the gold standard so people use it all the time over other busted things.
People played Marvel
People are looking forward to mvci purely for the same reasons

People played Marvel
People are looking forward to mvci purely for the same reasons

Marvel is crazy but calling it as busted as something that gives you infinite meter or invisible dashes from the get go is a whole new plane of crazy. And while Marvel can be busted as shit, it has a few defensive options to keep things in check somewhat

People whine about marvels busted shit all the time lol.

mbpm1

Marvel is crazy but calling it as busted as something that gives you infinite meter or invisible dashes from the get go is a whole new plane of crazy. And while Marvel can be busted as shit, it has a few defensive options to keep things in check somewhat

People whine about marvels busted shit all the time lol.
The golgi also give you some crazy defensive options. You saw that armor. There's probably better defensive options I think too

Top Bottom