• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Palmer_v1

Don't agree with it. Palmer dropping the mic and walking off made it difficult to argue with. Will wait until he returns

What? I posted several times over the span of a few hours after that and also indirectly explained why I didn't vote for him with my comment later on about who gets a pass from me on D1.

I'll try to post more in depth when I get off work in like 6 hours.

The reason I said scum is he may be a veteran type ability, or they could be setting us up with a watcher gambit. A town watcher might attempt the same thing, though at actual risk of death. In general though, I just dislike gambits.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

What? I posted several times over the span of a few hours after that and also indirectly explained why I didn't vote for him with my comment later on about who gets a pass from me on D1.

I'll try to post more in depth when I get off work in like 6 hours.

The reason I said scum is he may be a veteran type ability, or they could be setting us up with a watcher gambit. A town watcher might attempt the same thing, though at actual risk of death. In general though, I just dislike gambits.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

VOTE: Nomadic Sparks

Oh fuck off You two + Dragonz are on my list

As with all other day 1's, I struggle to form a solid opinion on anyone. Just a lot of hand waving and feigned activity. Very little substance.

Might as well go for gut feel.

vote: hey_monkey

I feel like the post was just a little too helpful and self sacrificing.

ಥ⌣ಥ

You're one of our quieter folks but now if I watch you, it looks like I'm just striking back. Nice tactic. I'm gonna watch you anyway.

Seems like we should just wait on Squidy.

He'll either die overnight or he will have results tomorrow that we can then look at and use to judge.

I agree here. I think we can look at him day 2.

Palmer_v1

Seems like we should just wait on Squidy.

He'll either die overnight or he will have results tomorrow that we can then look at and use to judge.

I missed this, but yes.

I still can't shake the thought that is is a planned scum gambit though, cause squidyj knows he could get away with it.

Like if I was a Godfather, this is the kinda thing I would do to bait the real cop into clearing me right away, cause I know I have some leeway with people. Doubly bad if they have a watcher or something to combo in.

So voting you gets you on the list, what did Dragonz do?

THIS

Squidyj first day cop claim comes off as a weird thing to do and then Dragonz response to it by saying haha its a joke guys i have seen worse claims on day 1, comes off as scummy. She is a a lot more active during this day 1 then the previous game we were in together(Persona Mafia), where she was regular town and i was scum.

My vote right now is based on the change of her behaviour between games and her dismissing Squidyj's role claim as a joke.

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

FWIW

and squidyj claiming to be cop from the start seems shady but I believe it's gambit because he's townie

cabot

I missed this, but yes.

I still can't shake the thought that is is a planned scum gambit though, cause squidyj knows he could get away with it.

Like if I was a Godfather, this is the kinda thing I would do to bait the real cop into clearing me right away, cause I know I have some leeway with people. Doubly bad if they have a watcher or something to combo in.

Could also be a bait to drag PRs in a sort of voyeur trap I guess.

Still don't think its a scum gambit myself though.

It's convoluted. I just don't see how what he's doing helps town. I never read love Boat.

I think it's too obvious a ploy but the fact that it's really obvious raises so much doubt that I just don't know. I have him on my list. But I think we'll have to watch. He's gone quiet for now anyhow. Until he jumps back in, we could debate it to death.

argh, I want to edit - i posted too soon.

What's interesting to me is that no one else has stepped forward to say NO, ACTUALLY, I'M THE COP.

It's convoluted. I just don't see how what he's doing helps town. I never read love Boat.

I mentioned in my post musing on squidyj's behavior that the only way the town benefits from his early revelation of being a cop (joke or not, because who can really tell?) is that he's just a regular townie.

Can you guys think of any other scenarios?

cabot

What's interesting to me is that no one else has stepped forward to say NO, ACTUALLY, I'M THE COP.

Probably cause counter claiming and revealing your role on day 1 is hella dumb.

Well, you know aside from claiming on day 1

Or this is one big joke on his part and he wastes everyone's time. >_>

I don't know if it's entirely a joke, though. In similar types of games like this I've played, people who make those kinds of claims most often are trying to hide something, so their joke draws attention towards themselves.

Most probable scenario is that he's hiding his regular Townie status and hoping he gets targeted (because Townies are a little more expendable than those with abilities :< )

A less likely scenario is pretty much the first scenario, but he may have a different role than cop, and is trying to protect the cop

Another possible, but not as likely, scenario is that he is scum, and is hoping that the obvious attention on him will make it less likely that he gets lynched

Probably cause counter claiming and revealing your role on day 1 is hella dumb.

Well, you know aside from claiming on day 1

Right - no one's fallen into the trap. So was it a trap at all? What is the end game? No matter what, it's going to make him a target unless we all decide it's too obvious and ignore it.

I don't know if it's entirely a joke, though. In similar types of games like this I've played, people who make those kinds of claims most often are trying to hide something, so their joke draws attention towards themselves.

Most probable scenario is that he's hiding his regular Townie status and hoping he gets targeted (because Townies are a little more expendable than those with abilities :< )

A less likely scenario is pretty much the first scenario, but he may have a different role than cop, and is trying to protect the cop

Another possible, but not as likely, scenario is that he is scum, and is hoping that the obvious attention on him will make it less likely that he gets lynched

hmm

cabot

I mentioned in my post musing on squidyj's behavior that the only way the town benefits from his early revelation of being a cop (joke or not, because who can really tell?) is that he's just a regular townie.

A role that's lynch proof and reveals itself publically on lynch (this was a role in another game previously.)

It's extremely unlikely, but possible.

Anyhoo, I shall wait till squidy re-appears to discuss.

That would be so stupid. You don't reveal yourself over what could eb a joke especially not on day 1.

Of course. Which is why it seems like such a weird trap to set? I do wonder if anyone of the people who immediately went for squidy after the play might have been thinking it, though.

Oh well, I just said this going in circles about squidy wasn't particularly fruitful and yet I'm still doing it, so.... ¯\_(&#8857;&#65087;&#8857;)_/¯ (I'm sitting in my classical rhetoric seminar, and it's more entertaining, I guess)

I'm still voting No Lynch as there been so conclusive evidence on whose scum.

But I'd be willing to believe Dragonz is either townie or cop and squidy is trying shift focus from them

cabot

gut reads, hot off the frying pan:

town:

22. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12
04. [f] hey_monkey - New - EST
13. [m] Zubz - EST

huh, not bad (aka town lean):

16. [m] BlackBuzzard - CET
09. [m] SkyOdin - PDT
07. [m] Poltergust - New - EST
08. [m] Bowlie - GMT-3

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:

23. [m] Kyanrute - GMT+2
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - MST
11. [m] ultron87 - EST
10. [m] Palmer_v1 - CST
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - EST
21. [f] Swamped - EST
18. [m] squidyj - MST
01. [m] oreomunsta - New - MDT
19. [m] TheExodu5 - EST
02. [m] Nomadic Sparks - New - CST

scum:

05. [m] rac - New - EST
17. [m] Haly - EST

?????:

15. [m] Cewyn - EST
03. [it] hatmoza - New - Gulf Timezone
06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - New - GMT+10

Zubz

Banned
Swamped - I was referring to rac playing along with Squidy Shenanigans. Which are still weird. Just not lynchably so.

How the hell is being more active a scumtell? Lmao

&#9684;_&#9684;

Because it prevents anyone from accusing you of being quiet, especially when so many players already are quiet. I've seen games where the Evil Team was collectively more active than the Innocents.

It doesn't help if your posts are mostly one-note and/or deflective and/or irrelevant. If a Steam Game Bounty wasn't offered to the most Animesque player, I'd definitely be jumping on those more, including you, Anime Face-Chan. ... Ugu.

cabot

I would love to hear from people why lynching me on day one is a thing fror them

What would that ever accomplish?

you've given me very little to go on to help establish a read on you, and you advocate a no lynch which is not pushing forward momentum.

Town or scum, a lynch gives us something to work on. If Town, we can see who pushed the person to death and look at the vote records.

If scum, we look at the interactions of the person with others and also vote records.

What you lose in a player, you gain in information at the very least.

Zubz

Banned
I would love to hear from people why lynching me on day one is a thing fror them

What would that ever accomplish?

It'd prevent a No Kill, at the very least. It'd also prevent debate on your alignment the next day, since No Kill votes are suspicious by default.

cabot

It's also still the first day of three, a lot changes over the phase. I think I've already made it pretty clear I throw my vote around people i want to get attention on.

Palmer_v1

That would be super dumb to do at this juncture, cause even then squidyj could just play dumb, like "I was obviously joking guys".

Palmer_v1

He'll claim he did it to see reactions.

Zubz

Banned
It's also still the first day of three, a lot changes over the phase. I think I've already made it pretty clear I throw my vote around people i want to get attention on.

Yup. Above all else, we want info, and sometimes that can be gotten through response to prior pressure.

cabot

no kidding, i still feel p confident since that's a lot of ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs

Well it is day 1.

I just read your posts and they dont feel genuine, it's just sort of going through the motions.

Also you agreed with me on something, about as foolish a thing a person can do on this planet earth.

you've given me very little to go on to help establish a read on you, and you advocate a no lynch which is not pushing forward momentum.

Town or scum, a lynch gives us something to work on. If Town, we can see who pushed the person to death and look at the vote records.

If scum, we look at the interactions of the person with others and also vote records.

What you lose in a player, you gain in information at the very least.

You were right on the first line of your paragraph, I mean I should contribute more

but lol lynching me on day one that should end well

e: A day one no lynch would save town a kill they're going to need later on but whatever lynch away

Palmer_v1

Well it is day 1.

I just read your posts and they dont feel genuine, it's just sort of going through the motions.

Also you agreed with me on something, about as foolish a thing a person can do on this planet earth.

*nods*

.... wait. The most dangerous thing is you trying to doctor anyone.

Palmer_v1

You were right on the first line of your paragraph, I mean I should contribute more

but lol lynching me on day one that should end well

e: A day one no lynch would save town a kill they're going to need later on but whatever lynch away

Last edited by Nomadic Sparks; Today at 10:45 AM

Just a reminder, no edits. I know you only added the extra line, and it's a tough habit to break, but it has the potential to cause issues.

Palmer_v1

Alright, I really need to do some actual work. I think Nomadic Sparks is just misguided rather than scum, but we'll see. I really want to see more from Haly and Ultron. For now though:

Vote: Haly

Edited within 60 seconds so you have no prooooooooooooof:

SUCH A LUST FOR EDITING POSTS

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jerk

Top Bottom