• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - Season 5 of the award winning KGB spy drama - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
- The Ringer: ‘The Americans’ Belongs to Paige Now
Which is what makes Paige so jarring, and polarizing, and invaluable: Her character alone seems to grasp how ludicrous and unsustainable all this is. The Americans strives for gritty realism, to avoid James Bond fabulousness and cartoonishness, but this is still a show about Russian spies living in total secrecy across the street from an FBI agent. She thinks it’s as bizarre as you do. It’s hard to watch her struggle; OK, fine, it’s a little irritating, too. She is objectively the character least equipped to survive in such a hostile, claustrophobic environment, and she’s acting like it. But she’s also the only character with a legitimate chance of surviving. I’m rooting for her, but do so at your own peril: If she actually makes it through this, she’ll be strong enough to conquer us all.
- Vox: The Americans has always been a show about faith
- Rolling Stone: Why 'The Americans' Suddenly Feels More Timely Than Ever

giphy.gif

That recap was so good. So many serious things happened last season. This show might have some of the best pacing of all time. 45 more mins....

Stoked. Even wore my The Americans t-shirt today.
I still have my Americans bag that a gaffer mailed to a few people! I think it was Steve.

I would kill to get an update on Martha. Hope she's happy somehow.

JesseZao

Apparently the premier streams live online simultaneously?

This is according to garbage sites from google I'd never visit otherwise, but I guess we'll see soon.

JesseZao

wait for free? or for sub?

I assume with access from a cable sub.

Well I always assume I'll watch cable shows the day after they air online bumming of a relatives cable sub, but there is a site claiming it'll be streaming online same day. I'm skeptical, but of course you hope to be wrong for the half hour before the show starts.

Got it. Fx live, not through show listing.

Unintentionally funny shit that cracked me up is how many times they say the words "Pastor Tim". When Elizabeth says while arguing with Paige "if I hear about Pastor Tim one more time..." I was cracking up.

I also crack up when Stan pops up unannounced and ends up eating or drinking beer. There's a scene where that fool waltzes in, opens the fridge, and grabs a beer without asking. He's like Bruhman from Martin.

"Pastor Tim" has basically become one of my favorite TV catchphrases in recent memory

for some reason it sounds hilarious. And Paige never stops saying it.

Sean C

"Philip, Elizabeth, we've realized this whole program is very cost-ineffective. We've decided to focus on pandering to the ego of a childish, narcissistic billionaire instead."

IronRinn

After the war we didn't have water so we would collect the tears of my constantly weaping grandmother to boil for soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom