• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

reminder

Awesome! One of my fav Zelda games gets a HD overhaul!
Also, i think it looks great, and this is only work in progress.

I really hope this version will include the cut content. I also wonder if the gamepad is going to be the tingle tuner for this game.

will they add the dungeons they supposedly ran out of time for?

if so, that + faster sailing would be one hell of a game. easily best 3D zelda.

I was looking at WW images last night for my kid's bday party, and was thinking about how great a remake would be. This is awesome. Not sure about the bloom though.

JDSN

Banned
I love how this was aparently created by them dicking around while making the new zelda game. Making Wind Waker HD is a fucking side-quest!

Kyzon

I hope my gf can tinglebomb using my 3DS.

Nintendo has a great chance to do amazing things with gamecube remakes that used the gba cable.

Wow. Original looked pretty awesome but it looks even more beautiful in HD.

I'm looking forward to this, seeing as I didn't really play much of the original.

Tuck

man they really actually had stuff to say today. i really hope they finish up the game. probably not...

They said they were reworking some of the gameplay, but that might just be minor stuff. 3 more dungeons would be a dream, but I doubt that would happen, especially since it is coming out this year.

Semajer

Urgh, they need to fix the lighting, and actually make it look like Wind Waker. It's like someone managed to puke bloom all over it.

They need to make the gamepad work as the Tingle Tuner. Fix that camera while they're at it, fuck three photos at any one time.

Add in the missing dungeons. I want at least a dungeon for the blue pearl, and another one for the Master Sword.

Then two mini-dungeons for the arrows. Then a proper dungeon for Ganon's Tower.

I'm actually okay with the Triforce hunt for the most part, but they need to do something about Tingle's involvement with it, and instead of just picking up a chest with the shard in there should be a mini-dungeon in old Hyrule that you have work through to earn it.

I have mixed feelings about this, I really want to replay WWHD but I want to play Majora's Mask much more :/

This is all thanks to Theophany - the Majoras Mask sound track remix

BowieZ

Banned
I have mixed feelings about this, I really want to replay WWHD but I want to play Majora's Mask much more :/

This is all thanks to Theophany - the Majoras Mask sound track remix
They've already announced MM3D, for 3DS. If you read between the lines. It's coming after New Legend of Zelda.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Its missing the hard lines. Everything looks like a cheap CGI movie when put together.The missing hard lines don't affect the enviorment as that does look great, but the characters look SUPER bad now. Holy crap something is wrong.

edit: nice comment scarybore

I guess the problem is that the environments were never really cel shaded, they had hard lines like you said. It was the characters that had round bodies which needed the effect added artificially. Hopefully they'll go back and do that - I don't see why the cel look can't work with the new lighting etc.

Mit-

While the idea of "Wind Waker HD" is great and exciting, this looks like shit so far.

The game doesn't need all that bullshit lighting. It needs to be cel-shaded. It just looks awkward without it. And that's way too much bloom for any game of any style.

All the game needs is higher resolution textures and higher polycounts. That's it.

Also it sounds like they put this together and will be releasing it with only a year's worth of development. I highly doubt they add dungeons but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
WHAT THE F

Wind Waker isn't my favourite Zelda by a mile, but bloody hell this looks incredibly gorgeous

nasos_333

I already played this game in HD.

Indeed and without all that strange bloom

But is nice for those that only played it on GC/Wii i guess

So, where is the new Zelda ?

Also really want a Wind Walker version for 3DS with the 3D effect and old cartoon like graphics without the rendered look

Nemesis_

Looking forward to when the dust settles and we can dedicate a thread to what the hell happened to the graphics.

The environments look fantastic, but something is a little bit off about the character models. I think I need to see more before I call them "off" but we'll see.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My only concern is that if the new Zelda in development (not WWHD) is going to look like this:

or like this:

I'd guess more like the latter. By reissuing WW, they satisfy the Cel Shading whores and so the new game can be more like skyward sword HD.

Pociask

Urgh, they need to fix the lighting, and actually make it look like Wind Waker. It's like someone managed to puke bloom all over it.

They need to make the gamepad work as the Tingle Tuner. Fix that camera while they're at it, fuck three photos at any one time.

Add in the missing dungeons. I want at least a dungeon for the blue pearl, and another one for the Master Sword.

Then two mini-dungeons for the arrows. Then a proper dungeon for Ganon's Tower.

I'm actually okay with the Triforce hunt for the most part, but they need to do something about Tingle's involvement with it, and instead of just picking up a chest with the shard in there should be a mini-dungeon in old Hyrule that you have work through to earn it.

I came in here to post pretty much everything you just said. Looking at screens now, they need to get cel shaded characters in there still. Also, fully explorable underwater Hyrule. I'm in the school that didn't mind the Triforce hunt, but it's no secret it was added to replace the missing dungeons - I wouldn't mind having to hunt one or two pieces.

Also, I take it you meant "Fix that camera" to mean "Make the color camera available from the start of the game as a default item, and let me use the Gamepad as a camera."

I will actually buy this (new) if they 1) finish the game and add the missing dungeons, and 2) remove the triforce hunt.

Wouldn't hurt if they added real swimming and underwater dungeons too (stupid, stupid omission from the og game)

mantidor

Nah, the original is bland and outdated. Rose tint etc.

Come at me, y'all!

I'm with you.

I'm done with the Zelda fanbase, they are insufferable. We could get every single wish about the series ever made, they somehow will still complain.

And I loved Aunoma struggling with English just so he could introduce himself to us.

While the idea of "Wind Waker HD" is great and exciting, this looks like shit so far.

The game doesn't need all that bullshit lighting. It needs to be cel-shaded. It just looks awkward without it. And that's way too much bloom for any game of any style.

All the game needs is higher resolution textures and higher polycounts. That's it.

Also it sounds like they put this together and will be releasing it with only a year's worth of development. I highly doubt they add dungeons but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do.

yeah, sounds like a bummer. Missed opportunity though. Still interested.

Vire

Are they fixing the incredibly tedious Tri-Force hunt at the end of the game?

People seem to forget how bad that was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom