• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

Oh wow, C9 was a cakewalk for Meri.

Now only C10 is left for me. Can Meri handle it, I wonder?

Looks like only MZeus would pose an actual problem. I wouldn't be able to rely on skyfalls at all, but a minimal activation of her skill could in theory provide a total of 11 combos, so there's a bit of room for error in there. I guess I'd have two chances per run - one chance to get a good board from skyfall, and one to get a good board from Summurd (which would be limited to 10 combos).

jiggle

Wasted millions experimenting with assists to realize I can't do C10 with Liu Bei

Even with +2 combo, 2x wood damage and wood orb enhance, and 20% gravity
Damage just not enough if I can only do 6 linked wood
Sad

Bladelaw

Oh wow, C9 was a cakewalk for Meri.

Now only C10 is left for me. Can Meri handle it, I wonder?

Looks like only MZeus would pose an actual problem. I wouldn't be able to rely on skyfalls at all, but a minimal activation of her skill could in theory provide a total of 11 combos, so there's a bit of room for error in there. I guess I'd have two chances per run - one chance to get a good board from skyfall, and one to get a good board from Summurd (which would be limited to 10 combos).

Something like Meri, Blonia, Sarasvati, Blodin (or another Sarasvati), and Carat should be able to get the job done.

EDIT: mean to post this but hit reply too soon.

In my struggles to get a Romia I ended up with 4 Barbara's. The question now is what stupid shenanigans I can accomplish with this. The obvious thought is speed farm devil rush, but I can do that a few different ways already. The Machine Descends look tasty but again not sure how to best utilize this power.

Machine Hera has two nasty hurdles in Sadalemek and Hera herself with her light/dark absorb. The red mech general skill binding would be annoying too but probably manageable.

Machine Zeus has it's own set of problems, healing after 80% gravity, recovering a leaderbind, delay/poison on Sherospada, delay Diadem to clear out jammers, then the 8 combo on Zeus himself.

Machine Athena's damage null shield, kill shots, and Alnair's combo shield pose other issues.

So seriously anyone have ideas on what I can do with this? I'm about 50/50 selling one for MP but obviously I'll be waiting for a good reason.

W-00

Something like Meri, Blonia, Sarasvati, Blodin (or another Sarasvati), and Carat should be able to get the job done.

Damn, is Carat (or some other damage boost) really necessary? The only Jewel Princess either account has is (the comically unfitting) Silk. And the only other damage boosts I have are either off-color (A. Freyja) or largely off-type (Revo Poseidon). Poseidon is the most fitting, but even he would only boost a few members of the team.

Bladelaw

Damn, is Carat (or some other damage boost) really necessary? The only Jewel Princess either account has is (the comically unfitting) Silk. And the only other damage boosts I have are either off-color (A. Freyja) or largely off-type (Revo Poseidon). Poseidon is the most fitting, but even he would only boost a few members of the team.

Depends on if you can get a board with at 18/12 distribution (without meri it'd be 21/9 with her). Carat isn't necessary but makes it so you don't need to hit Meri's full multiplier to kill. check your damage in endless. If you can crack 50 million HP you're good to go.

b33r

bladelaw, no need to make a Barbara team for devil rush. I put Anaphon on my Aizen team and snoozed through skilling up Grida, and I know you have her.

b33r

Yeah I'm just looking for a reason to use her.

Yeah I really wanted her, have 2 Escha's and a castor that I wanted to try as a base team and experiment with the flex spot. I think it would be strong.

That said after reading setsus blog on the buffs, he made a good point about why they didn't make dragons work on her team, would make it overshadow the other cards by a lot. He also said Kuvia, post buff, is one of the best cards in the rem, so at least I got her. Need to Revo my Shiva and mess around. Kinda looking forward to new Shiva Dragon coming over now. Already have two hypered set's, will make Revo Shiva and finish Kuvia. That should be a fun team.

J0dy77

Need to burn my bf on jp and need more gaf friend on jp. Send me an invite and I'll BF. Preferably have Myr and dark athena teams.

291 674 150

Also, I didn't realize how badly I needed the combo counter feature they added in 10.0. It makes farming so much less tedious.

jiggle

Need to burn my bf on jp and need more gaf friend on jp. Send me an invite and I'll BF. Preferably have Myr and dark athena teams.

291 674 150

Also, I didn't realize how badly I needed the combo counter feature they added in 10.0. It makes farming so much less tedious.
Tried to add you on my 2 accounts
But your FL is full

Jiggles
347,589, 119

Wiggles
321,598, 406

saichi

Are coloring Sakura and Kali worth using?

Also, I have Ilm and Ronove teams. Should I make a L/F Ra for my Ilm team or Reincarnated Ra?

Got Meri in my last day Yolo roll. Would Coloring Kali fit in that team?

Reading previous page I can have Ryune, Blonia, Orochi and Skull on Meri's team.

unrealist

I only have a Myr team and Ra Dragon team .. C10 is almost impossible or maybe I am just not skilled enough.

On the other hand, I completed Arena 1 45 times in the past week and I havent see a Shnypy (the yellow one) yet .. talk about RNG .. what's the probability even.. frustrating!

Ducarmel

Thanks to all those dedicated pad players getting the decend pem reward, I only played the 25 dungeon enough to spawn pem gatchadragon to qualify.

I got evo Sevenzard. Funny because I cant beat trees to save my life.

Figured we would not get herione rem in time, but what was gungho thinking with the tier 2 reward being 55,555,5555 kills.

smbu2000

Thanks to all those dedicated pad players getting the decend pem reward, I only played the 25 dungeon enough to spawn pem gatchadragon to qualify.

I got evo Sevenzard. Funny because I cant beat trees to save my life.

Figured we would not get herione rem in time, but what was gungho thinking with the tier 2 reward being 55,555,5555 kills.

I guess everybody must be trying to play now that they've reduced stamina in half and made the Ronia come out at 2x rates compared to before. It looks like we'll make it for the Heroine REM.

Things are going pretty slow now and I've gotten a few errors trying to connect. I hope they fix them or at least give us some more stones as compensation.

It's actually really good exp. for the stamina. 25 for 50k-65k exp. Only 13 if you are doing multi.

Faabulous

Ok guys normal and Tech Dungeons are starting to kill me pretty quick, I need some advice on how to build a team.

This is what I'm currently running
ycwNXfJ.png

Omr3PXe.png

And this is the top of my box, there are some other stuff I pulled from PEM down the box, but I'm not sure they are relevant

I've been trying to progress through Tech dungeons but the fire one has been kicking my ass, but in reality I don't know what I should be doing.

J0dy77

Tried to add you on my 2 accounts
But your FL is full

Jiggles
347,589, 119

Wiggles
321,598, 406

I added and cleared a bunch of friends space and sent an invite. I'll BF when you accept.

Ok guys normal and Tech Dungeons are starting to kill me pretty quick, I need some advice on how to build a team.

This is what I'm currently running

And this is the top of my box, there are some other stuff I pulled from PEM down the box, but I'm not sure they are relevant

I've been trying to progress through Tech dungeons but the fire one has been kicking my ass, but in reality I don't know what I should be doing.

Your account is so new that you're just going to hit a wall, not much you can do for now. Don't worry about progression, try and focus on evo'ing your cards and gaining levels. Find the early leveling guides and just continue to climb the ranks for more stamina/team cost and focus on getting evo mats. Hoard all of your stones until the next godfest and pick up some new cards. You need to build out your box and any of the pantheons would be a help for you at this point.

Bladelaw

Thanks to JP generosity I'm sitting on a rather decent Dark Athena team. Too bad I'm a few hundred thousand MP off.

Team would be:
Dark Athena
Z8
Awoken Haku
Eschamali
Sima Yi

jiggle

Use Phoenix rider Valen as lead
Find a Yamamoto, red odin or awoken cao cao friend and best friend it.
Farm yourself 4 samurai ogres to keep. (Then farm 8 more. Feed 2 to each of the 4 keepers)
This gives you a set up of:
Valen: ogre, ogre, ogre, ogre : Yamamoto (or odin/cao cao)
Enough to get through many contents!

I cleared a slot on my friends list if you want to add it
I have a Yamamoto up
My ID: 346,049,324

My alt has Red Odin up(less damage but double HP)
354, 225,376

I'd suggest best friending Yamamoto over odin

Only ever do "Experience of a Lifetime" with a Ganesha friend!!

I added and cleared a bunch of friends space and sent an invite. I'll BF when you accept.
Only got a request on one of them. So I sent u one from the other account.

Aesnath

I just want to come out and say Mion sucks. 99% shield, followed by a combo shield where she cuts your time, followed by a damage null if you didn't crack 1% of her hp on the previous turns.

A phoenix rider team is an option, but you also have Ronove. Make a rainbow team (use whatever you have to cover each color) with him at the lead and look for a friend with him. Match four colors for 9x attack. Don't worry so much about the heart cross part right now (it takes some skill and you will want time extend awakenings). However, if you get into a sticky situation, if you make a heart cross it will give you a 56% damage shield for the turn and an additional 16x damage on any other matches you make. The team actually can take you pretty far, if you get good at making the cross and matching 3 or more colors at the same time.

Also, as mentioned above, save stones for the next godfest and then roll your ass off. Stay away from "galas" and "collab" machines. At this point, you just need more dudes.

Bladelaw

I just want to come out and say Mion sucks. 99% shield, followed by a combo shield where she cuts your time, followed by a damage null if you didn't crack 1% of her hp on the previous turns.
A gravity solves that problem. Mion is Dios-able too. Playing her straight is usually asking for pain though. Her active isn't really worth it and beyond keeping one for a future Evo mat and clearing for the stone I'm done with it.

Aesnath

A gravity solves that problem. Mion is Dios-able too. Playing her straight is usually asking for pain though. Her active isn't really worth it and beyond keeping one for a future Evo mat and clearing for the stone I'm done with it.

Yeah, a gravity is a good idea--I hadn't really thought about that. I just wanted to clear her for the stone. She is not a particularly Gremory-friendly stage.

Also--I don't have a ALB/Dios set-up. I know. I'm lame.

Bladelaw

Wait, did you need to pass the breakpoint for all three types of gachadras to get the crown? Cause I only tried to run the normal one lol

Yeah. I couldn't get past RoniaREM with my jank ass reimyr team.

Anyone know how long Dark Athena will be in the JP MP shop? I'm not too bothered by missing out if I can get the MP later. If I have no hope of getting her till next year I'll just grab Yomidragon since I basically have a ready made team for her. My current janky Meri and ReiMyr teams just aren't cutting it for various reasons. Meri I have no Sarasvati skill boost stick or skill bind protection and I have no sub support for ReiMyr. It's basically just colors and pray.

a team like
Yomidragon
Sima Yi
Eschamali
Satsuki
Sephiroth should do quite well. I could sub in Z8 or A Haku as needed.

W-00

Depends on if you can get a board with at 18/12 distribution (without meri it'd be 21/9 with her). Carat isn't necessary but makes it so you don't need to hit Meri's full multiplier to kill. check your damage in endless. If you can crack 50 million HP you're good to go.

Turns out a damage boost wasn't necessary, just a lot of luck. C10 clear! A big part of it came from swapping out my main's Wetatron (Andromeda inherit) with its Sumire (SDR latents), which at least helped me not die on F1.

I had a pretty big revelation when I realized that I could use one Meri before using Summurd, so if Summurd's heal orbs were at a better ratio that her fire orbs I could use Andromeda instead and still get the +2 combo. Or of course the second Meri, if things went the other way.

Right now you have two problems: lack of selection and lack of levels. I can't do anything about your selection, but you can level your monsters up by farming the daily gemstone dragon dungeons and feeding the drops to your teams. I doubt you'd be able to take on the higher-level dungeons on your own yet, so find a co-op partner who is willing to carry you through them (Discord or puzzledragonx would be good bets).

BondFancy

Was able to clear c10 using REVO RA in conjunction with 2 prongs and the Yomi Evo with 2.5x god damage with 10 second change the world. Then I used Orochi to delay floor 2.

Also, come on GungHo gimme the RADra.

Made my way through the One Shot with Krishna. Had to stone on Luci and again on Volsung because I needed 1 more turn for my delay to come up. He delays when over 90% so I tried to tickle him down with only 2 matches but skyfalled into more and DK Tsubaki blew him up.

Reward was Blodin Tamazo (a dupe for me) and a +99 Volsung. Not sure if worth. :\

Bladelaw

Made my way through the One Shot with Krishna. Had to stone on Luci and again on Volsung because I needed 1 more turn for my delay to come up. He delays when over 90% so I tried to tickle him down with only 2 matches but skyfalled into more and DK Tsubaki blew him up.

Reward was Blodin Tamazo (a dupe for me) and a +99 Volsung. Not sure if worth. :\

Look at it this way, would you be sad to get Blodin Tamazo and 99+ eggs from the REM for 5 stones? If the answer is "yes" then no, it was not worth it. My strat for Luci is bring true damage, the skill bind resist badge, and a prayer. Worked last time, I expect it'll work eventually this time.

Look at it this way, would you be sad to get Blodin Tamazo and 99+ eggs from the REM for 5 stones? If the answer is "yes" then no, it was not worth it. My strat for Luci is bring true damage, the skill bind resist badge, and a prayer. Worked last time, I expect it'll work eventually this time.
Well I only spent 1 stone, not 5, but I see your point. I never thought about using the SBR badge in that way but I used the RCV badge and wouldn't have made it to Luci without it.

Jagernaut

Anyone want to run c10 later tonight with ALB? I picked up this strategy from pad Reddit and I can do either side.

Team1: Alb / Dios / Dios / Dios / a.Kushinada (can be replaced with anyone with a skill that adds combos) - I have max skilled Kephri

Team2: Alb / Rodin(any poison) / Dios / Griffin (any green enhance) / Vaan (any two row maker like vaan) - I have max skilled Kamiya Kaoru

You'll need to be able to block the delay on floor one, with sdr or long inherits on at least like two of the dios
F1: P1 Dios pass, p2 poison kill
F2: P1 dios kill
F3 P2 dios enhance vaan pass, P1 add combos and kill

Bladelaw

Anyone want to run c10 later tonight with ALB? I picked up this strategy from pad Reddit and I can do either side.

Team1: Alb / Dios / Dios / Dios / a.Kushinada (can be replaced with anyone with a skill that adds combos) - I have max skilled Kephri

Team2: Alb / Rodin(any poison) / Dios / Griffin (any green enhance) / Vaan (any two row maker like vaan) - I have max skilled Kamiya Kaoru

You'll need to be able to block the delay on floor one, with sdr or long inherits on at least like two of the dios
F1: P1 Dios pass, p2 poison kill
F2: P1 dios kill
F3 P2 dios enhance vaan pass, P1 add combos and kill
I'm planning on burning my stamina on Super Kings tonight but if you still need it by the end of the week I can help out. I'll bring P2 with Awoken Yomi (less pressure on the solve) or Carat if the damage is insufficient.

Jagernaut

I'll let you know if I still need it then.

I didn't realize the little Ruby dragons got a boost to 45,000 xp (same element). You can now get at least 225,000 fire xp for 20 stamina (10 in coop) running Ruby dragon infestation.

Bladelaw

NA Stream Friday at 7pst/10est
Update 9.6.2 coming 2/27 along with some Ra dragon tears.

Star den is 1pm for me so I'll only be able to get a few runs in. Stupid work.

jiggle

Finally took down c10 with ALB!
Guaranteed win imo

P1 ALB w/freyja assist
P2 ALB w/Orb enhance assist
Hades can be stronger gravity or maybe no gravity at all, though his time extension helped me with Drake board

--1st floor:
P1 - Orochi delay then stall*
P2 - Stall*
P1 - Dios
P2 - stall, do no damage
P1 - combo kill
--2nd floor: P2 - dios kill
--3rd floor:
P1 - hades gravity + 5 seconds extension, Meridonalis + 2 combos, Pass to P2
P2 - Board change, alb1 2x wood damage, alb2 orb enhances, 6 combo kill

*I stalled two extra turns in the beginning Cuz I was too cheap to put assist on Hades as SDR buffer

I did it with drake board but I now realized I wouldn't have to rely on luck if I went with Dios+Top/bottom rows

Finally cleared A1 solo with my Krishna team. Took around an hour because I stalled for skills whenever I could just in case. DQ Hera took me down to 22hp because I couldn't heal up before hand but my auto heal from Uriel was just barely enough. Beelz would have been death since I didn't have an answer and Hera was easy to stall on so I was hoping for her. Got the DKali spawn and carefully planned out my kill board of light/fire, forgetting that she was a Dragon. After using Freyr and matching my board DK Tsubaki did well over 100mil on her own, haha.

GG A1.

Finally cleared A1 solo with my Krishna team. Took around an hour because I stalled for skills whenever I could just in case. DQ Hera took me down to 22hp because I couldn't heal up before hand but my auto heal from Uriel was just barely enough. Beelz would have been death since I didn't have an answer and Hera was easy to stall on so I was hoping for her. Got the DKali spawn and carefully planned out my kill board of light/fire, forgetting that she was a Dragon. After using Freyr and matching my board DK Tsubaki did well over 100mil on her own, haha.

GG A1.

67d90ee8.gif
congrats!
67d90ee8.gif

Aesnath

I find myself thinking a lot more about Meri lately. First off, even the shambles of a team I have been able to field is pumping out crazy damage pretty consistently. Her active skill is just fantastic and I forgot how nice it is to be able to heal up to full very easily. My wife also drew one, so we have been cooping a little bit, but I am still a little gunshy about trying harder stages at this point. Coop seems to have the benefit of relieving the SBR and HP problems that I have been having solo.

IDK, I'm probably also thinking about this stuff 'cause the current batch of challenge dungeons seems obnoxious on the top end and I'm not sure if I'm willing to bother with the one shot challenge. They payoff for both seems questionable, especially given that it either will take several tries at minimum. Hell, my best plan for C10 would be to use Gremory, boardchange, sheen, cross, row, and hope for skyfall to get me there. Seems like a bad plan.

W-00

Once you have a feel for it, C10 is easy with Meri (especially in co-op, with hastes on the second team) if you have a tricolor water board-change. I suppose a bicolor would work, too. As long as the board change isn't Ryune or Blonia, use it and then pop Meri on MZeus and make a standard 9-row + staircase. If you are using Ryune or Blonia, then pop Meri before using the board change and do the same.

It takes a bit of luck to get the right distribution of orbs, but it isn't hard. I'd say that the hardest part is actually controlling your damage on F1. I think a non-row group of six or seven waters is enough to get it below resolve.

Bladelaw

One shot challenge (Volsung) done with Meri. It's a smooth stroll through. Even Luci wasn't much of an issue (spoilers I totally cheated and true damaged him). The resolves are manageable with damage control, just need to pay attention to when it's time to kill. Combo shields were annoying but again manageable by not sucking.

Took 3 tries but I'm ok with that. First was a fail on the Luci combo shield (not enough damage), second was tripping Shuten Doji's resolve (I forgot he had resolve as I was stalling up skills on him), third try was successful. The team was my Arena team with friend Meri holding a true damage.

Jagernaut

I'm planning on burning my stamina on Super Kings tonight but if you still need it by the end of the week I can help out. I'll bring P2 with Awoken Yomi (less pressure on the solve) or Carat if the damage is insufficient.

I did c10 but the first time I was a little short on damage and was killed by M Zeus. The second time I put Muse on ALB and killed him. Take enhance inherit when you do it.

Anyone done c8 with ALB? How do you deal with Jize damage absorb?

W-00

I suspect the strategy with Jize using ALB would be rather similar to Meri's: match non-row clumps. Not sure if you'd need an active or if the active would give you too much damage.

Tried OSC with Meri on my main today for the first time. Swapping Ryune out for Sarasvati made sure I had skills up on turn 1 and her skyfall really seemed to work wonders now that I finally got around to max-skilling her. I made it to the Sonia Tamas pretty easily, but I stupidly thought I'd be able to wait a turn for one of my Meri's to come back up, so of course I died when all three of them attacked me.

And aw, dangit. I thought tonight was jewel-farming night, but it's actually Five Elementals night. I was really hoping to farm up some fire jewels for my new Urd so her cooldown would be short enough to use her as an inherit.

Bladelaw

I did c10 but the first time I was a little short on damage and was killed by M Zeus. The second time I put Muse on ALB and killed him. Take enhance inherit when you do it.

Anyone done c8 with ALB? How do you deal with Jize damage absorb?

I solo'ed C10 day 1 with Krishna and a prayer. C8 was Meri all the way. Jize can be handled by making green blobs without rowing, just delay him first.

divusrex

Welp, now that Uevo Radra is out I actually need to attempt to get M.Zeus.

Here is my box

If anyone is willing to co-op with me using Sephiroth or carry me with Revo Ra, I'd appreciate it alot. Once I evolve my Radra, it will have Lightning as an inherit.

Top Bottom