• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Single-Player DLC for Tomb Raider.

GenoZStriker

Neo Member
This is disappointing, but then again there was honestly not much they could do since you pretty much cleat the Island through the 100% run.

LuchaShaq

Banned
You didn't like Uncharted but like Tomb Raider? They're practically the same game.

Same idea but different execution.

Uncharted's shooting mechanics are awful, Tomb Raiders are decent/good.
When they go off the rails into supernatural bullshit Tomb Raider has some interesting ideas, Uncharted doesn't.
Lara Croft isn't affected enough by her killing of 1000 guys, but Drake does not even seem to notice which is super weird and creepy.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
And fuck you too, publishers. Won't be getting my money.

Skilletor

What, you mean I won't get single room "tombs" that I solve on accident and wonder where I'll find the puzzle? I don't get to pay for that?

Damn.

Glad I rented this. I loved the single player experience just I have for all the previous Tomb Raiders. (except Angel of Darkness) With nothing left to do and no DLC coming, as well as disliking the multi-player, I'm glad I was able to send this back.

Oh well. Just start making the next one so I can ignore the MP on that one too.

nel e nel

Yeah I'm a little confused. I know better than to think Gaf has a hivemind but to anyone who has browsed this forum long enough, you see a seemingly damn near universal hatred of DLC. And now you see a thread like this where almost everyone wants DLC (this isn't the first time either).

All I gotta ask is where are you people in those other threads? The pro-dlc people need more backup.

I don't mind DLC, but I also don't see the point in banging my head against a wall.

Not really one for the MP experience but somewhat surprised that there aren't any additional content for the SP.

Still, I think it'd have been best to focus on making the next game anyways.

IzzyF3

I was kinda hoping costumes for single player. Seeing that costumes were so big in FF XIII-2, I'd thought they'd do them. I guess not.

This is great news, that means they gave us all the singleplayer content and didn`t cut content to nickel and dime us.

Now i feel even more satisfied with my purchase/support for them.

dreamfall

Really disappointing. I was hoping for some new Tombs or a standalone Story chapter, maybe on an undiscovered part of the island.

Tek

I think the main reason why people wanted DLC for this game is that the tombs ( if you can call the one room areas that ) were lacking. I know I would have loved to have some fleshed out tombs created to explore with some puzzles versus waiting however long it will take for the sequel to come out.

I was on the edge about purchasing the game because I was wondering what would be left to do after I beat the game...but I figured this game was ripe for some single player content. The fact that CD/SE are focusing on MP DLC is laughable and definitely proved that I should have just rented this game instead of handing over 60 bucks.

haikira

Ironically, it's one of the few recent games i would have loved some single player DLC for. Especially something meaty, like Bethesda's Expansion packs or The Missing Link for Deus Ex. What a shame.

krae_man

The solution to extending the life of a $60 single player game and prevent people from trading it in, is not new single player content. It's Map packs and multiplayer skins.

:(

I'm actually quite upset there will be no single-player DLC. As long as it's developed after the game is shipped...DLC can most definitely be a good thing.

excellent, i'll be trading it in for gears of war on friday then.
really enjoyed the single player, despite initial lack of enthusiasm for it but like many, the multiplayer hasn't excited me.

lucius

Why even waste time with multiplayer dlc it is the worst part of the game. Single player DLC I would have bought, maybe they are just saving it to get the sequel out sooner.

NeoGIF

In that case, I'm glad that I Redbox-ed it and finished it (65%) for under $20 instead of dropping dat $60 on it.

Kikujiro

The GAF "hivemind" is only a bunch of very vocal people, as this thread shows there are a lot of people who are perfectly fine with DLCs. It's the same reason MGS4 won the GOTY again despite all the hate it gets.

Kammie

Bullshit decision. They could have easily released some tombs or a high score attack-type mode like in Guardian of Light. Those who played till the end will understand how such a mode could work.

I'm not spending a cent on that crappy multiplayer mode, and I doubt many others will, either.

Foffy

Banned
I'm confused.

People praised Dark Souls and Bayonetta because of their No-DLC policy.

Even though, Dark Souls backtracked on that.

The backtracking is almost entirely excusable, as all of it had to do with cancelled ideas and content. It was after the game did well and fans wanted more that they considered to finish the content that they weren't able to finish when the game first launched. I'm perfectly fine with that type of DLC, but you have had companies like Capcom lie about that sort of stuff before..

Tomb Raider isn't exactly the type of game that has a lot of replay value. Once you are done 100%, you have seen everything the game has to offer. You won't discover new things on repeated playthroughs.

And the way the game is set up, relying heavily on set pieces that only wow you the first time you see them, I just don't see me replaying that game. I loved loved the experience on my first time through the game but I don't really have an itch to go back.

When you can run Tom Raider in 8k res when Volta releases you will want to replay the game.

ironcreed

Banned
They could have at least given us a few tombs for $10.00. I would have gladly bought it. Hell, maybe even a horde mode.

Newsflash, Crystal and Square, people are not buying Tomb Raider for tacked on, janky multiplayer. But go right ahead and shoot yourself in the foot and miss out on more money.

scitek

A bit of a relief to hear that, to be honest. No worrying about whether or not there was any content cut from the game.

Dead

well not really...yet
That's really disappointing considering how amazing the game is. Wanted more :(

Hopefully it means they'll be getting started on the sequel asap.

Top Bottom