• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

darkwing

I've come to the conclusion that Massive has no idea how to make gear relevant.
Crafted two pieces of Nomad that each are 52 GS above my currently equipped HE's, yet they are effectively worthless.

Roll ranges on 214GS is the same as 182GS

yup, wasted lots of credits and mats trying to make it as good as my existing gear

Deception

So I'm getting a glitch whenever I matchmake the incursion where I load in but everytime I move it makes me load in again. Anyone experience this?

The in-game ads on gear are new. People are claiming this isn't 'shopped.

X4sIPWZ.jpg

Is that a typo having 2 Registered words?

lt519

I'm felling with DkS3 coming out today, and all the changes, I'm not really feeling the extended grind anymore. Maybe I'll try the incursion later after people have good strategies.

Same but I'm a Ratchet and Clank kind of guy myself. Also want to check out the new Destiny updates. This all seems...I don't know...just an extension of the post game grind that already existed without real purpose. Hopefully some new fun stuff comes to light when people have full sets.

The cheese really bothers me a lot. People are just going to cheese CM, get way over geared, and then troll DZ again.

The cheese really bothers me a lot. People are just going to cheese CM, get way over geared, and then troll DZ again.

I'll give the game a shot with this update, but I already haven't played in over a week. If this is what it ends up being then I'll probably hang this game up for good. Having to glitch and cheat to be competitive isn't my idea of fun. Off to a bad start with this incursion stuff.

Mentok

Banned
I'm felling with DkS3 coming out today, and all the changes, I'm not really feeling the extended grind anymore. Maybe I'll try the incursion later after people have good strategies.

Kind of there with you. Looking at my list of games coming out, I know this won't hold my interest for much longer.

ChrisW

Well I called it this morning;

I said that before I finish work there will be a game breaking bug, glitch or method that people will figure out meaning that the new mode will be beatable in the easiest possible way!

No amount of play testing with the 100+ people they have can compare to the 100,000+ people who will eventually find the path of least resistance.

Although to do this method of taking out the APC in wave 4 would require a full team of 4 who are all talking and know the exploit correct?

phen0m24

I got sticker shock from the prices on stuff at the vendors but still want to rank up in DZ more than play PoE again

cripterion

Unstable servers, new bugs (not being able to use both of my abilities), CM that resets just like that cause why the fuck not. Seriously, this update is disappointing.

At least they seem to have fixed some exploits but goddamn would it kill them to get better servers? I had left the game cause it was getting boring and on pc I was getting several Delta errors everytime I played and go back to it and it seems worse :/

Tawpgun

Has anyone beat challenge mode yet?

Also super disappointing the supply drops are shit. They spawn with less frequency than named bosses but give out garbage?

Lnkn52

Has anyone beat challenge mode yet?

Also super disappointing the supply drops are shit. They spawn with less frequency than named bosses but give out garbage?

Yes, iam_Chappie (twitch streamer) has twice already. They're doing HM run now, and will attempt CM right after.

Deku Tree

So the only way I know about to get GS 202 weapons or higher is buying them for 940 PC at the BoO with fixed random rolls. Possibly also you get them from extremely rare drops.

LvL 32 named enemies drop gear score 182 HE. This corresponds to the old ilvl 31 gear.

This is what massive said about it earlier:

From now on killing a named NPC will grant you a guaranteed High-End drop! That’s right, you will now always get a High-End item from killing a named NPC of level 30+.

The gear score of said High-End will be determined by the level of the NPC. For example, a level 30 named will guarantee a gear score 163 High-End.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-245982-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

I find the "For example, a level 30 named will guarantee a gear score 163 High-End." to be highly misleading. They didn't say any lies.

But they sure painted a rosy misleading picture about how grindy they were going to make it for you to get gear score 202 weapons. Add to that random rolls and random talents with a large number of useless talents etc. And it's basically impossible for anyone except the huge poop sockers to reliably get decent GS 202 weapons.

All the way to the end of Russian Consulate. Examine hornets body. Delta error. Fuck you game. Fuck. You. Don't get the completion phx credits to give me enough to buy the blueprint I have. Fuck. Off.

Lnkn52

So the only way I know about to get GS 202 weapons or higher is buying them for 940 PC at the BoO with fixed random rolls. Possibly also you get them from extremely rare drops.

LvL 32 named enemies drop gear score 182 HE. This corresponds to the old ilvl 31 gear.

This is what massive said about it earlier:

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-245982-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

I find the "For example, a level 30 named will guarantee a gear score 163 High-End." to be highly misleading. They didn't say any lies.

But they sure painted a rosy misleading picture about how grindy they were going to make it for you to get gear score 202 weapons. Add to that random rolls and random talents with a large number of useless talents etc. And it's basically impossible for anyone except the huge poop sockers to reliably get decent GS 202 weapons.

We still don't know what the weekly rewards are but speculations are that it might be weapons.

ChrisW

On PC if uplay is open will the patch auto download and update? Cause I'm at work I might ask son to download it for when I get home

Top Bottom