• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Nope. Herbs will be replaced by something new though.

Oh good. Smokin mj was sort of a series staple. Only someone who is toked up could do the kind of things they did, during a zombie infestation. I'm going to miss the reference.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dennis, my man. Keep it up!

can't find the original pic my avatar is from but compare this
chris_re5___s_t_a_r_s____by_chrisredfieldre1-d3c1h1p.jpg

to it and you can tell the resemblance to RE5 Chris differences being 6 years older and hairstyle.

though I agree other tweeks here and there.

This hair owns new hair. Just saying.

Definitely prefer RE5 Chris' hair to RE6's, but I'm probably guessing we'll have different hair for him as DLC.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
i prefer RE5 Chris face

What's funny is that, I remember when RE5 was first revealed, the general thought was that they changed Chris's model for the worse, from Remake. We always take the previous model for granted.

Since it's Resident Evil, I always go in expecting cheese in my writing and voice acting. It wouldn't be the same without certain levels of it.

I...suppose? Hmm, not sure I fully subscribe to this notion that cheese is 100% necessary. I mean, RE1 almost felt conscious of the cheese as it even takes place in a haunted mansion of sorts. Maybe it just feels like the closer they try to get to some enormously slick production, the cheese factor becomes more cringe-worthy. At least for me.

really I can't think of a whole lot of games that aren't cheesy or poorly written. not sure why this game is taking so much shit for it when its predecessors are largely known for their horrible writing and voice acting.

it's okay, it's a videogame about shooting zombies carrying machine guns.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I...suppose? Hmm, not sure I fully subscribe to this notion that cheese is 100% necessary. I mean, RE1 almost felt conscious of the cheese as it even takes place in a haunted mansion of sorts. Maybe it just feels like the closer they try to get to some enormously slick production, the cheese factor becomes more cringe-worthy. At least for me.

Mikami was very conscious of the cornball factor. Not so sure about the other people who made RE games. Revelations is surprisingly decent,
especially how they did the final boss's "crazy man" speech.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Oh. My. Gosh. I got it. I figured out the entire game. The C-Virus is actually the CAPCPOM Virus and the plan is for CAPCPOM to rule the world with DLC! I knew it.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna start ignoring trailers for RE6 now. I played through 4 when it came out completely blind, had no idea what I'd be fighting at any point, and it was amazing.
I don't think knowing the identities of the main characters hurts the experience. This is all information that'd probably be in the game booklet anyway.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't think knowing the identities of the main characters hurts the experience. This is all information that'd probably be in the game booklet anyway.

what booklet? Oh you mean that single piece of paper detailing warranty instead of the game? rofl.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The way the story is structured with different character archs that meet up and affect the story at large sounds a lot like RE: Revelations. New direction for series as a whole?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So Ada is just going to stand there while Leon and Chris is fighting? She'll obviously leave before Leon throws out the first punch :(. Silly men.

So what was the deal with playing Revelations. I thought
the ending where Raymond gives the T Abyss virus sample to Jessica was supposed to lead up to this?

I mean it was a fantastic game, but I speculated wrong, I suppose.

jett

D-Member
Forced campaign co-op again? Interest rapidly declining. Someone tell me you won't be babysitting the AI's health and inventory at least.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
isn't there supposed to be a campaign that unlocks once you finish leons/chris/wesker babby?

It had better be a Raid Mode based campaign. That would extend the half-life of the game by about 6 months. Sadly, I would buy any DLC, that added to a polished Raid Mode and actually randomized the enemies every time you play a level.

Top Bottom