• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

This will mean that I have to buy the first game. And they better not turn around and decide not to give this title a wide release.

The game got announced on a NOA feed.

It`s going to make it here; it`s just a matter of when. Hopefully not too long after the Japan release or have it a simultaneous like Pokemon XY.

Taruranto

I'm just saying that in terms of what the "BK team" is working on, there are more factors than just Honne. Unless they decide to make BK without Tri-Crescendo. Although... why anyone would want to make more BK is really beyond me, considering how poorly both games sold.

Even BK1? I knew Origin sold like poop but i didn't know BK1 bombed too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yes there is every likelihood that the game is not Xenoblade 2 and is set in a completely original universe. That's how Takahashi has rolled all his career. Xenogears, Xenosaga, Soma Bringer, Xenoblade. All games have lots of similarities, very similar designs, recurring story themes, but they're not in the same universe. If he wanted to make a sequel to Xenoblade, it would be Xenoblade 2. Not a new original game.

Sure, but all of those games had been visually very different, with very different systems.

From that video, we had a visual style that looked exactly like Xenoblade (the environment, monster, weapon, mech, dune buggy designs and Xenoblade's battle system).

It doesn't really matter to me, though. I wasn't particularly fond of Xenoblade anyway, so I wouldn't mind a different setting.

A new Xenoblade/similar game in HD? Take all my money!

The trailer looked amazing, and I really can't wait for this game. This was a wonderful surprise to wake up to.

Persona86

Banned
I told the Nintendo doomers that nintendo had things up their sleeve, all Nintendo needs is more games and their sales will be just fine. :)

Looks wonderful!

roddur

untitlehddgs1s65.gif

Gifs with monsters!

goddamn scale of this game.....

Zarovitch

I hope the find a way to make the comabt more engaging.
And one thing i like in RPG it's finding treasure chest, i want treasure chest not glowing globe.

AzVal

how long took Xenoblade to develop and how long has Monolith een working on this.
its safe to asume is the same engine but all new assets?

duckroll

Sure, but all of those games had been visually very different, with very different systems.

Xenosaga certainly had both visual designs and gameplay which were lifted right out of Xenogears. Face button input combos for attacks in the battle system, certain combos triggering new attacks, differences between human combat and mecha combat, not being able to heal while fighting in a mech, etc. Let's not forget that the first Xenosaga trailer was basically "OMG LOOK AT THESE XENOGEARS CHARACTERS AND LOOK AT THE ZOHAR!". :)

Viperik

Banned
Sorry late to the party. Monolith Soft did not disappoint this game looks incredible.

This game looks to have the same "feel" of Xenoblade and I'm ok with that.

Revven

You know what makes this even more glorious? The fact that Monolith has blu-ray size space to work with... O_O

If they fit the huge world of Xenoblade all on one DVD, imagine what they'll be able to fit in with a blu-ray. God. Damn.

Jeff-DSA

Definitely going to be keeping a close eye on this one, and I'm sure it will go over big in Japan.

When does 8-4 Play record? I have a feeling that the guys will be happy about this.

So I'm watching the trailer for the hundredth time - I feel like the character models, the textures on the enemies, and IQ in general are a substantial improvement over the typical HD twin game.

There's no doubt in my mind now that this system has more power than Xbox 360 and PS3; it just needs the investment.

What does everyone else think?

I'm not trying to start the next round of the console war - just curious :)

P.S. When the main character jumps in that mech and takes off... Oh my!

Limit

Will buy a Wii U for this game. Looks amazing and sounds amazing. I am glad Monolith is still alive and kicking. Wish someone had picked up Nautilus and kept them alive through tough times. Not enough, perhaps any, JRPGs with a sense of humor in market these days.

Persona86

Banned
Anyone else happy that this was announced on an ENGLISH Nintendo direct, I doubt we will have the problems that Xenoblade had again, no more waiting forever. :)

duckroll

Even BK1? I knew Origin sold like poop but i didn't know BK1 bombed too.

BK sold ~100k in Japan, BK2 sold less than 50k. In the US I think it was something like... 18k and 6k? This was way back in the early 2000s too, where RPGs on the PS2 sold much, much better than they do today, especially in Japan. So yeah, it's a bomba franchise.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'll tell ya, if Xenoblade coulda used anything, it was fast travel methods through it's enormous maps (besides insta-warping), so Awww Yeahhh at these friggin mechs.

So I'm watching the trailer for the hundredth time - I feel like the character models, the textures on the enemies, and IQ in general are a substantial improvement over the typical HD twin game.

There's no doubt in my mind now that this system has more power than Xbox 360 and PS3; it just needs the investment.

The game is next gen.

MisterHero

They have enough power to make any sort of game that might sell to a gamer. Sure the best 720/PS4 developers will push standards higher, but Wii U is definitely capable and Nintendo has the talent.

Hey Xenoblade players, were you mad the only vehicle in the overworld belonged to a kid named Juju? Now we get freaking mechs man.

duckroll

I'll tell ya, if Xenoblade coulda used anything, it was fast travel methods through it's enormous maps (besides insta-warping), so Awww Yeahhh at these friggin mechs.

But what happens if you run out of fuel while trying to fast travel on a mech, only to be stuck at the top of a mountain, with the only way down being a cave filled with lvl80 enemies. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom