• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard's Community Manager: WE ROLL WHILE YOU B*TCHES HATE (also: fecal matter)

Vamphuntr

This is the downside of social media. People that can't keep their mouth shut and control themselve ends up making a fool of themselve by typing their venom on facebook and twitter where the whole world can watch.

The funny thing is that people will join the fray on both sides and the mess will turn into something worse.

Snowball effect...

I'm pretty sure whenever this guy worked at Blizzard, there was this huge inside joke at the office where people would say "fuck that loser" behind his back, and 12 employees liked it because it was hilarious.

Perfectly reasonable explanation.

<_<

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LMAO. When will game companies learn to not get into pissing matches with their consumers?

Blizzard: Ruining their reputation like Bioware, one Facebook/forum post at a time.

Heads up

Blizzard moderators started deleting threads about this brevik vs wilson stuff:

Page 1:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c....0.182.1682.3j11.14.0...0.0...1ac.Be1Bv5Co1WQ

Page 2:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...0.0.0.108.390.3j1.4.0...0.0...1ac.y79j2Y-QIZI

Not sure why, may be only a coincidence, there are tons of threads

nope, standard stuff from bliz, the wow forums were the exact same way, the moment there was any dissent on it, either from poor community events, or from people complaining about the fotm stuff they were instantly deleted. Bliz has some really shitty community moderating imo.

nope, standard stuff from bliz, the wow forums were the exact same way, the moment there was any dissent on it, either from poor community events, or from people complaining about the fotm stuff they were instantly deleted. Bliz has some really shitty community moderating imo.

They are condensing, not suppressing. There are plenty of large, open threads on this topic all over the Blizz boards, no need for new ones. Those forums are hard enough to read as it is without everyone who thinks their opinion is important enough for a new thread getting their own personal soapbox. You won't find 18 threads on this subject floating around gaf either.

fates

How dare he sully Enrico Palazzo by using as a photo and posting this garbage.

I'm finding this whole thing hilariously sad and childish on Blizzard's part. Especially at how their main fallback as a point of superiority is "he made Hellgate London!"

Hellgate London, to me, was an ambitious project that just did not pan out. The only ambition Diablo 3 had was figuring out how to make money off of transactions.

Lost all respect for Blizzard when Diablo 3 came out, this just makes it even worse. Having fun watching them act like spoiled kids, though.

Jarmel

Banned
This whole thing is getting ridiculous. I'm surprised about the lack of control on the part of Blizz. They of all companies should know what to say and not to say on the internet.

lol wow where the fuck is Blizzard's PR department? Are they waiting for this to turn into a bigger mess than that Avenger Controller/Ocean Marketing fiasco?

This whole situation is getting more and more ridiculous. Why are Blizzard so mad at that interview? I mean, did they see the same thing I did? Nobody insulted them, and yet they are getting so butthurt about it. Someone has some issues - sheesh.

Because they know he spoke the truth, so they got their tits tied in a knot over it.

This whole thing is getting ridiculous. I'm surprised about the lack of control on the part of Blizz. They of all companies should know what to say and not to say on the internet.

It's like they just discovered facebook. Someone should badmouth D3 on chatroulette and see what kind of a trainwreck reaction that induces from them.

I remember when Tigole and Kalgan were considered by some to be "mean" and "haughty" when speaking to fans. Oh, times how they change.

Holy Wars

Banned
Then when I ask

answer the question before getting snarky.

Hi bischoptl. I thought I'd respond to your query seeing as you banned me before I could reply last night. Just want to clear up any confusion you may have had on the issue.

The answer to your question is that nobody is firing anybody. I never claimed anybody was getting fired, or that it was a situation that was likely to arise. I was responding to the opinion of a NeoGAF poster on a discussion board in which he said he hoped the people involved in this story get fired. You then replied to me for some reason, and when I clarified my stance that a firing would be unneccessary, you called my post stupid. Then you banned me because I didn't speak to you as if you're a 20ft tall walking NeoGAF meme who should be feared.

I just thought I would clear this up. I look forward to being banned if you feel my tone isn't respectful enough of someone that called my post stupid.

soldat7

I'm pretty sure whenever this guy worked at Blizzard, there was this huge inside joke at the office where people would say "fuck that loser" behind his back, and 12 employees liked it because it was hilarious.

Perfectly reasonable explanation.

<_<

Yes, this might all just be an inside joke. Hahaha.

Ketch

Reminds me of EA winning worst company of the year and then saying "We're not that bad".

I understand the instinctual need to defend yourself... but it's the internet... when in doubt, whatever you do, don't post anything on the internet.

Don´t know how serious you are, but it's funny that some people actually seem to believe stuff like this. :)

Where did Brevik say anything that wasn't true, or wasn't likely to be true? You can dislike that he said anything at all, but he wasn't lying with what he did say.

Where did Brevik say anything that wasn't true, or wasn't likely to be true? You can dislike that he said anything at all, but he wasn't lying with what he did say.

I´m just saying that people are kidding themselves if they think that this is some kind of torpedoes of truth hitting them in the face. It´s about who he who said it is, how he said it, where he said it, and how that interview is going to be used by the part of internet that either want´s some "sensational" headlines and/or wants something that validates their own dissapointment with the game.

I´m just saying that people are kidding themselves if they think that this is some kind of torpedoes of truth hitting them in the face. It´s about who he who said it is, how he said it, where he said it, and how that interview is going to be used by the part of internet that either want´s some "sensational" headlines and/or wants something that validates their own dissapointment with the game.

If it wasn't truthful, then, "why they mad?" Most people are able to easily shrug off anything said when they know it to be categorically false, so why are Blizzard staff acting like they've just barely started learning about the internet?

Glass Rebel

Clearly the appropriate reaction is to act like immature crybabies.

Clearly the appropriate reaction is to act like immature crybabies.

Haven´t said that. That you understand that they react doesn´t necessarily mean that you approve of how they react.

If it wasn't truthful, then, "why they mad?" Most people are able to easily shrug off anything said when they know it to be categorically false, so why are Blizzard staff acting like they've just barely started learning about the internet?

Read the post you quoted, from "It's about...". That´s my answer.

antitrop

This whole situation is getting more and more ridiculous. Why are Blizzard so mad at that interview? I mean, did they see the same thing I did? Nobody insulted them, and yet they are getting so butthurt about it. Someone has some issues - sheesh.
I feel like it's because the entire Diablo III team thought their game was going to be like the greatest game of the year and everyone was going to fucking love it and they would all be relegated to the status of gaming gods with golden statues made in their honors and people would write stories and sing songs of the amazing game that they made.

Instead the game has a 3.8 User Score on Metacritic, everyone bitches and moans about the quality of the game constantly on a daily basis and calls their integrity as game developers into question and they're pissed off about it.

Blizzard games have always been about longevity, StarCraft: Brood War is still played professionally in Korea to this day, there's WoW expansion coming out this year for a game that is already 8 years old, people still play Diablo 2 to the hardcore, WarCraft 3 had a decent pro scene until StarCraft II was released, and SC2 has an expansion plan that will carry well into the 2020's. Diablo III potentially hurts that legacy and the developers are on a hair-trigger.

rozay

Banned
Nothing more than anecdotal evidence, but D3 tarnished Blizzard's name and their reputation in delivering awesome games for everybody I know in real life that plays games. I wouldn't necessarily translate that to more people dislike the game than like the game, but it's clearly large enough that the team that worked on the game is tense and as a result we get bullshit like this. I have to agree with the post above me regarding a threat to the longetivity of their games.

Holy Wars, how did you get unbanned so quickly?

Top Bottom