• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trumps VOICE illegal alien hotline overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify - this hotline is only to gather information to use as nationalist/racist propaganda against undocumented folks (and in turn make white folks feel patriotic by further targeting and profiling brown folks), it's not to report crimes in progress. It has no use other than to fuel fascist fuckery.

You forgot taking heat off Drumpfs abysmal 100 Days, his constant lying, and his nigh-endless Russia connections by keeping opinion on him polarized on party lines.

What's the odds that 95% or more of these calls aren't just drunk calls from Tom Delonge still upset that Hillary didn't win and release all the UFO stuff the US has classified?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I have a feeling someone will pull off something fantastic using this once the lines are less clogged. Some clever poison pill ploy where the department will catch wind of some amazing immigrant crime incident through a called in tip, rush it to the president, who will of course immediately make a speech about it... Then when the news investigates it and reports, it will be turn out to be the exact opposite and make Trump look like an ass.

I have a feeling someone will pull off something fantastic using this once the lines are less clogged. Some clever poison pill ploy where the department will catch wind of some amazing immigrant crime incident through a called in tip, rush it to the president, who will of course immediately make a speech about it... Then when the news investigates it and reports, it will be turn out to be the exact opposite and make Trump look like an ass.

Everyone report Melania.

This is how innocent children die, hasn't anyone seen Mac and Me?

macgun.jpg
Fuck yeah for Mac and Me. I'm sure this gets posted every time but have it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdvO0tmNjGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5le9sYdYkM

Amalthea

Banned
"Help, an orange blob from outer space has taken over this country! It barely can imitate our language and has no idea what happened on earth until he appeared!"

Opto

Banned
Someone orange guy broke into the white house and is just shitting over everything

edit: really amalthea?

cameron

BBC News: "Trump's immigrant crime hotline trolled with calls about aliens and UFOs"
"It's unclear how many people actually placed calls to the hotline, and several Twitter users reported long wait times to get through. But the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency suggested it had impacted their service.

"There are certainly more constructive ways to make one's opinions heard than to prevent legitimate victims of crime from receiving the information and resources they seek because the lines are tied up by hoax callers," a spokesperson told Buzzfeed News

BuzzFeed News: "People Are Trolling Trump's New Anti-Immigrant Hotline With Reports Of Space Aliens And The Government Is Not Amused"
Alexander McCoy, a Marine Corps veteran, told BuzzFeed News he called the hotline Wednesday afternoon to report that he had been abducted by a UFO. He said he was on hold for about 20 minutes before speaking with someone, who asked him if he "was calling to report a crime committed by an illegal alien."

"There are certainly more constructive ways to make one’s opinions heard than to prevent legitimate victims of crime from receiving the information and resources they seek because the lines are tied up by hoax callers," an ICE spokesperson said.

"We will adjust resources, if necessary, to ensure that the victims for whom this office and hotline is intended get the info and resources they need."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I want to see someone get elaborate with it.
Like splicing in the Daleks screaming "EXTERMINATE" and then the Doctor comes in with the TARDIS sounds.

So does this guy on Twitter have proof that that's what people were calling about? Does he work at a call center? Or are we supposed to just believe for the memes / is this just a meme lol

So does this guy on Twitter have proof that that's what people were calling about? Does he work at a call center? Or are we supposed to just believe for the memes / is this just a meme lol

Does that answer your question?

Xe4

Banned
Haha, nice! Good. That organization is trash and deserves to get trolled 24/7 for the next 4-8 years. Any non racist fucks who want to report crime can do it through the Office of the Victims of Crime (or 911 if it's an emergency). This is redundant and bigoted as hell.

Don't burner phones you get at Walmart still register your details when you get the service?

I need to warn Trump about an impending invasion of criminals lead by General Zod.

thebeeks

Banned
I want to see someone get elaborate with it.
Like splicing in the Daleks screaming "EXTERMINATE" and then the Doctor comes in with the TARDIS sounds.

I'd love to call in and start with a serious-sounding tip, and slowly reveal I'm an Imperial Guardsman referring to Tyranids or something.

Lmao I'm still wondering what this agency is even for. Like

"We will adjust resources, if necessary, to ensure that the victims for whom this office and hotline is intended get the info and resources they need."

What info do you need? Isn't that what police reports are for?

If you find out this person was an illegal alien, what are you supposed to do? Feel worse about yourself?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd love to call in and start with a serious-sounding tip, and slowly reveal I'm an Imperial Guardsman referring to Tyranids or something.

I'm voxxing in through my personal servitor to inform you that a dreaded Space Hulk has arrived in our system full of a waagh of the green menace! ORKS!

jerry113

Banned
Lmao I'm still wondering what this agency is even for. Like

What info do you need? Isn't that what police reports are for?

If you find out this person was an illegal alien, what are you supposed to do? Feel worse about yourself?

crimes committed by brown people are 100x worse than crimes committed by white people

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
To clarify - this hotline is only to gather information to use as nationalist/racist propaganda against undocumented folks (and in turn make white folks feel patriotic by further targeting and profiling brown folks), it's not to report crimes in progress. It has no use other than to fuel fascist fuckery.

It's straight out of the Nazi playbook.
Nazis published accounts of every crime allegedly committed by Jews to plant the idea in peoples' heads that Jews were criminals.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
My car was rear ended last week by a Toyota. Perhaps I should call? Gotta make sure that import gets checked for papers.

Oersted

The VOICE line remains in operation. As yesterday was its first day I can’t give you any sense of whether this group had any impact at all on wait times or call volume because there’s no prior data to compare.

I hope you won’t dignify this group with the attention they are seeking. But if you choose to do so...this group’s cheap publicity stunt is beyond the pale of legitimate public discourse. Their actions seek to obstruct and do harm to crime victims; that’s objectively despicable regardless of one’s views on immigration policy.

The VOICE Office provides information to citizens and non-citizens alike regardless of status, race, etc., whose loved ones have been killed or injured by removable aliens. VOICE provides access to the same information you and other reporters are already able to obtain. Yet this group claims it’s somehow racist to give the same to victims of all races and nationalities? That is absurd.

Further, openly obstructing and mocking victims crosses the line of legitimate public discourse. VOICE is a line for victims to obtain information. This group’s stunt is designed to harm victims. That is shameful.

https://fusion.net/we-asked-ice-about-the-prank-calls-to-their-anti-immigr-1794701252

So please, DO NOT PRANK CALL 1-855-48-VOICE

Heh, this is great. This type of response is pretty much exactly what this trash deserves. Absolutely disgusting idea that doesn't deserve any respect at all. Fuck everything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom