• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A small rant about McDonalds drive thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

twistewd-world-of-marge-simpson.jpg

I'm glad they don't give ketchup with every order. I rarely use it unless I hate the place's fries.

It means less of it gets thrown away and I'm pretty okay with eliminating food waste.

Xe4

Banned
The last time I used a drive through at McDonalds must have been years ago. I almost always walk in, and do so with every fast food place that gives me that option.

Fittingly, my McDonald's rant would be about people holding up the line to look over the menu like they don't know what food McDonald's has.

jwk94

perfect name for it. I saw one that didn't even have the fucking prices on it. I was pissed. They had names, pictures, calorie information, no fucking dollar amounts. I just left and went to Wendys across the street.

no. never use the app. do not support bad evil McDonalds until they do better. Do not support the digital ponzi scheme. They want us ordering with our celphones and paying with our id chips.

and what do Brits call Mcdonalds fries?

I don't think the app supports paying. You just tell em the coupon code or they scan the QR Code.

Acorn

perfect name for it. I saw one that didn't even have the fucking prices on it. I was pissed. They had names, pictures, calorie information, no fucking dollar amounts. I just left and went to Wendys across the street.

no. never use the app. do not support bad evil McDonalds until they do better. Do not support the digital ponzi scheme. They want us ordering with our celphones and paying with our id chips.

and what do Brits call Mcdonalds fries?
French fries.

Their new menus are readable, but I agree they are tacky. It looks like they print their menu's on gloss paper and scotch tape the paper on the menu board these days.

border

If you don't (mostly) already know what you want, you shouldn't be in a drive-thru. I don't think their menu presentation should cater to people that just want to browse. If you want to peruse the selection, just go inside rather than holding up the line while you examine the array of choices.

Fun story about the generally poor service experience of McDonald's. I went there with a friend who wanted a Big Mac cut in half. I ordered a Big Mac cut in half. There was a brief pause, and then the lady answered "We don't do that." I wasn't upset, but I had to laugh at getting such a seriously ill-advised, ill-phrased answer to a relatively simple request. You have a kitchen full of knives and you can't cut a burger in half? And the best way you can vocalize this inability to cut a sandwich is to say, "We don't do that", as if you're so above cutting something?

I went to McDonald's for the first time in ages last month and yeah, those menu boards are annoying especially since the ones at the place I went to don't show everything and cycle some menu items and I kept missing what I originally intended on buying and instead bought something else. Finally saw it as I got my order and was leaving. >_>

Zoe

Fun story about the generally poor service experience of McDonald's. I went there with a friend who wanted a Big Mac cut in half. I ordered a Big Mac cut in half. There was a brief pause, and then the lady answered "We don't do that." I wasn't upset, but I had to laugh at getting such a seriously ill-advised, ill-phrased answer to a relatively simple request. You have a kitchen full of knives and you can't cut a burger in half? And the best way you can vocalize this inability to cut a sandwich is to say, "We don't do that", as if you're so above cutting something?

They do?

I get McDonald's drive-thru more than any person should, and I've never had a problem. I think the newer menus are better. It highlights the food more.

DOWN

Banned
My only problem with it is that it doesn't list all the items anymore. They have a ton of items they stopped putting on the board to have the illusion of simplifying the menus.

styl3s

I haven't paid for food with cash in like a decade, so not me.
Honestly i haven't paid for anything in cash in like 10+ years but every time i am in the car with someone else who does pay with cash 100% of the time they drop the fucking change onto the ground.

I am convinced they are told to do it on purpose at this point.

Pro Tip - Step your fast food game up and skip McD's.

You want a burger? Five Guys/In N' Out, even Steak and Shake is a come up from the inconsistently seasoned, dry mess of a McDonalds burger.

Chicken? Chick-Fil-A or Rasing Cane's are the move.

Just trying to get some fries? Arby's got you with the Curls.

I can't guarantee better readability on the menu front, but I can promise you far better food.

border

$2.60 minimum for an order of fries? I have to feel like this is what is dragging Five Guys down.

Even if you order the smallest burger, the smallest fries, and the smallest drink, it's impossible to spend less than $8.

Their grilled cheese is godly, though.

mcfrank

$2.60 minimum for an order of fries? I have to feel like this is what is dragging Five Guys down.

Even if you order the smallest burger, the smallest fries, and the smallest drink, it's impossible to spend less than $8.

Their grilled cheese is godly, though.

They have a small fry now which is cheaper. The regular fries is enough for 2 people. Also, drink water and you save a lot of money eating out.

norm9

My pet peeve about McD's is the cashier getting pissy if you ask for catsup and they say they've already put some in the bag.

Other drive thru pet peeve is not checking your order and getting something completely different once you've driven away.

I call bullshit on the OP. That's a fake picture of a McDonalds drive thru. I know this because there is no sign saying that the McFlurry machine is broken.

Tagyhag

Yeah it's pretty mediocre, what annoys me more is having to wait for the inside menu screens to refresh so I could see how much they jacked up the prices again.

I haven't paid for food with cash in like a decade, so not me.

You haven't had a legit food truck taco in a decade?!

Its on purpose of course. They're aware, but in the words of Leo Getz, "they fuck you at the drive-thru!" Honestly, when you go and there's a huge line, inside and outside, if they were to fuck up, would you likely drive back and sit through the line and deal with it all over again? Automation can't get here soon enough. Johnny 5 isn't fucking up my order, I'd bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom