• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS 2016 Line Up By Nintendo Revealed (Verified Source at Nintendo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My verified source from Nintendo has informed and shown proof of an internal US marketing budget and scheduling overview for 2016 focusing on Wii U and 3DS, with key parts highlighting The Legend of Zelda NX to be a holiday 2016 release either same day at Zelda Wii U or shortly after during the Nintendo NX holiday 2016 launch window.

• Nintendo NX Launch games for 2016 besides Zelda NX and marketing focus remain hidden for now
  • Wii U $34.5 million marketing budget for 2016 total – Zelda Wii U has $10 million with the possibility of the funding being switched to Zelda NX version depending on launch timing in 2016.
  • 3DS $56.25 million marketing budget for 2016 total

3DS release list 2016 *Funded by Nintendo only*:

Spring-Early Summer

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday
3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there)

Any idea if Federation Force is getting changed up at all? Or has the media blackout been a coincidence, with the game still coming in the form that was shown last year?

Otnopolit

So, what is your uncle's name?

(This thread isn't going anywhere without some kind of Mod confirming this, you know that, right?)

diaspora

Bravely Second, Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there)

Other than the above there really isn't anything of note =(

So, what is your uncle's name?

(This thread isn't going anywhere without some kind of Mod confirming this, you know that, right?)

Bish confirmed Trevelyan's source in another thread.

Was their proof a digital photo of a printed list of games?

Bravely Second, Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there)

Other than the above there really isn't anything of note =(

You mean other than confirmation that Zelda will be cross gen, right? If this checks out I mean.

DNAbro

Weren't two of those codenames rhythm heaven and style saavy? I remember reading that in the thread.

And he was confirmed awhile ago guys.

If that Caviar F thing is truly coming out spring / early summer and it's not an unannounced game, it has to be a localization. My money's on Rhythm Tengoku.

As for N-Stars, no idea but my money is still on a Nintendo published localization.

If this turns out to be true then I'm slightly annoyed that Zelda is indeed coming to NX as well as Wii U.

Still, this thread is going to be interesting.

udivision

N-Stars has to be an Amiibo game.

Dunno about Cadillac.. a "big budget" Nintendo-published game for this summer that hasn't been announced yet?

And I guess Wii U Zelda was delayed to retool it to not require the Gamepad as much or...?

Nstars might be Nintendo Skylanders.

Yeah.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If that Caviar F thing is truly coming out spring / early summer and it's not an unannounced game, it has to be a localization. My money's on Rhythm Tengoku.

As for N-Stars, no idea but my money is still on a Nintendo published localization.
There is nothing that is big budget and lacking localization.

Banned
My guess for the 3DS price cut is $30 since that's the price reduction it goes on sale for often.

2DS sells $129.99 regularly, goes to $99.99 on Black Fridays, etc.
New 3DS goes down to $149
New 3DS XL $169

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Curious what these unannounced games would be.

More interesting this includes confirmation that an NX home console for a 2016 launch. No details about Wii U though? Not that I expect it to get all that much going forward.

N-Stars has to be an Amiibo game.

Dunno about Cadillac.. a "big budget" Nintendo-published game for this summer that hasn't been announced yet?

And I guess Wii U Zelda was delayed to retool it to not require the Gamepad as much or...?

Yeah.

Orgen (I think that's their name) said that the Cadillac game is a Style Savvy 3 localization in the now-locked NX thread.

FWIW that's the user who actually leaked Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

In the last thread it was said not to pay too much attention to the "rainbow" part. Might not mean anything.
If this turns out to be true then I'm slightly annoyed that Zelda is indeed coming to NX as well as Wii U.

What would be wrong with that? More people get to play the game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just a note to people, and especially blogs, reading this: when we "verify" sources, what we do is get a name to the source and verify that they are in a position that could plausibly know the things that they say they know. We do not verify what they're claiming, just that they are theoretically in a place to be claiming the things they are.

Davey Cakes

There's no reason to be annoyed. Zelda being cross-platform, like with Twilight Princess, just makes sense at this point in the game. If you were Nintendo you'd do the same thing.

udivision

Orgen (I think that's their name) said that the Cadillac game is a Style Savvy 3 localization in the now-locked NX thread.

FWIW that's the user who actually leaked Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

Interesting. I guess it depends on the definition of "big budget". It's a bit of a misnomer when it comes to Nintendo, I guess.

BedBison

Neo Member
3DS looks to be having a great year despite being it's supposed last year, and this is just the first party stuff.

My guess for the 3DS price cut is $30 since that's the price reduction it goes on sale for often.

2DS sells $129.99 regularly, goes to $99.99 on Black Fridays, etc.
New 3DS goes down to $149
New 3DS XL $169
2DS is already $99, I think.
I'm guessing the New 3DS bundles will go down to $170 or 150 with no game.
Not sure if they'll do anything with normal 3DS or if those have been discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom