• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS 2016 Line Up By Nintendo Revealed (Verified Source at Nintendo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

We have Xenoblade Chronicles on the New 3DS. It's not like it has greater than or equal to the Wii U. Though it certainly can be, as others have pointed out, the Wii U is not exactly a powerhouse.

This makes the most sense.

Well if a console version was coming I'd assume that the Wii U would get a price drop instead of the 3DS. Though I don't know how they have done it historically.
This leak is mainly about 3DS info.

No Style Savvy 3? I'm disappointed ...
Cadillac is the codename for the Style Savvy game.

Anth0ny

Still expecting a gen 1 remake (or at least quasi remake) with a major focus on the original 151. The push has been too strong in that direction this year for them to merely release a Pokemon Z, or a new gen.

RK128

Place the bets on the mainline sonic game as well as much as you don't want it.

Ugh :(.

The Wii U will get a mainline Sonic......but it will be multiplatform like Generations, Racing Transformed and Sonic 4 Episode I.

If its otherwise.....will have a field day after its announcement.

Edit: I really don't think the Wii U is getting more exclusive Sonic games. IF (and this is a big if) another Sonic is exclusive to Nintendo, then it will be a NX launch title or post-launch title for the system (like the role Secret Rings filled for the Wii; launching Early 2007 after the Wii Launched in November 2006).

Tripon

It has but I just think a 4 year lifecycle for Wii U burns every Wii U adopter who was expecting at least 5 years of full support just like every Nintendo console before it. If they release the handheld this year and the console in 2017 that wouldn't be an issue
As a person who bought a launch Wii U, I say who cares. I rather have a strong Nintendo that can consistently make games for the platform it can support.

That is not the NX, and increasely not the 3DS. If the NX is that platform, bring it on.

Toad.T

Banned
My thoughts:

Caviar F: Has to be RH The Best +. Usually a smaller budget with these titles (As specified in an Iwata asks for the Wii ver.) And nothing about it screams not all ages.

Torte City: Obviously a character action game staring Chef Torte from SMRPG.

Nah, but I think it's a HAL/Kirby game. Torte is a type of pastry/sweet IIRC, of which Kirby is usually associated with. It's been a while since Triple Deluxe and Rainbow Curse and I don't think BoxBoy is THAT resource intensive. They're usually games with a decently sized budget, and he appeals to all ages and has a core fanbase, from what I've seen anyway.

Cadillac: "Confirmed" to be Style Savy 3.

N-Stars: The big mystery. I think that it's this year's big Amiibo game, like Smash in 2014 and Animal Crossing AF/HHD in 2015.

DMW2: Disney Magical World 2. Too obvious.

Pokémon "Rainbow": I think this refers to Pokémon Z/X2Y2/Kalos3rdVersion instead of a 20th anniversary clusterfuck. A rainbow bridge is common in the Norse (?) mythos that Xerneas/Yyevetal/Zygarde are from.

We've seen an announcement of the Selects for Canada, so there's some precedence to there being a part 2,

Everything else has been announced or is not worth talking about.

Platy

This is actually mod verified?

woah

Should be noticed that "verified" only means that the OP said the name of a person that could actualy know this type of news.

There is nothing the mods can do to actualy verify if the news is actualy coming to the person OR if the person is actualy telling the true and not trolling someone that wanted to know stuff =P

That beign said ... OMFG N-STARS HYPEEEEE

Briarios

Cadillac is the codename for the Style Savvy game.

Really? Then I am un-disappointed! Thanks for the info. I was starting to believe they were going to drop it. Well, really good 3DS lineup then. Seems like something everyone will enjoy ... Plus, all the releases by other publishers.

Neoxon

Still expecting a gen 1 remake (or at least quasi remake) with a major focus on the original 151. The push has been too strong in that direction this year for them to merely release a Pokemon Z, or a new gen.
I currently doubt it. They've done enough Gen 1 pandering with X/Y & the R/B/Y Virtual Console releases. The Pokémon Company has been teasing Z too much for them not to follow through on it. And with the 3DS on its way out, now's their last chance.

RomanceDawn

It has but I just think a 4 year lifecycle for Wii U burns every Wii U adopter who was expecting at least 5 years of full support just like every Nintendo console before it. If they release the handheld this year and the console in 2017 that wouldn't be an issue

Yeah but thats every Wii U adopter who went in during the first year. What about the people who only got a Wii U 1 year ago? There are always going to be people who jump in a year, months or even days before the next system launches. What can you do but enjoy what you have now?

clem84

Gold Member
By "fall-holiday", do they mean fall leading up to Christmas? Meaning DQ8 would be hitting this year as well? Or do they consider Jan-Feb-Mar as part of the holiday/winter season?

Isn't there some weird parallel universe stuff going on in X/Y and AR/OS? They could do some cool stuff with that, like that universe bleeding into the original red and blue universe.

Neoxon

price drop on the 3ds? interesting.
While it does indicate that the 3DS will see a successor in the near future (relative to the rumored time of the price cut), I'm not sure if it means for sure that the NX device coming out during the holidays is the handheld. If what Trev's source is saying is true, we'd have more reason to believe that the NX Console will be out the door first (at least in North America).

Azuran

Banned

It already happened. Did you not played XY?

DKHF

I wonder how long it will be before IGN and/or GameSpot write stories on this now it's bish verified with new threads that they would have seen.

While it does indicate that the 3DS will see a successor in the near future (relative to the rumored time of the price cut), I'm not sure if it means for sure that the NX device coming out during the holidays is the handheld. If what Trev's source is saying is true, we'd have more reason to believe that the NX Console will be out the door first (at least in North America).

My source agrees with you on that.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I'd like to thank both you and the source at NOA. I know it must be risky for them.

From your Youtube video it sounds like Q4 for #FE and Paper Mario too though, not just Zelda. That's so Q4-focused for a nearly empty Wii U year with NX releasing at that time to boot. Paper Mario and Zelda are in development sure, but #FE is not and is a niche title. Would have been a nice Summer title, but at least the promise to release it worldwide is being kept, and I know that the holiday season is vital for Nintendo as much of their audience lacks disposable income. It's just interesting timing to release the final three so close to NX, and how fitting will it be if the last first-party game is a cross-gen Zelda? Just like Twilight Princess.

The home console releasing first makes a lot of sense for the west, no surprise if so.

Edit: I forgot about Star Fox Zero, I'm not a huge fan of the retreading that the series has endured. I was partial to Star Fox Adventures instead.

Neoxon

I want to know what the Wii U timeline looks like.
  • Twilight Princess HD
  • Pokkén Tourmanent
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • Unannounced Wii U Game (Likely Paper Mario U)
  • The Legend of Zelda (cross-gen release with the NX Platform)

Heero5

I'd welcome a new Nintendo console this year, I've had the Wii U since launch and its time for a change of pace.

fernoca

You know...
I would've changed the codenames for the games to at least "Untitled Game" or something generic.

Not sure on how their handle things over there, but some PR agencies when it comes to "unnamed projects under strict NDA" end giving different names to things so in the case of a leak they can know the person or persons involved in said leak.

And this getting so much exposure...hopefully it wasn't handled like that and the codenames are the actual codenames.

Sandfox

I don't really think a 5th year with no support would make Wii U owners feel any different than they do now. I think it would be more beneficial to get the console out first for the holidays with a handheld release in 2017 after the 3DS seemingly gets a decent last push to end it's life.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yes.

YES.

If you read what has been reported, the source does not have this confirmed. Based on how Trev reported it, it sounds like the source came to this conclusion using the same info as you. Unless something has changed, I don't think Trev was cryptically saying his source could confirm that.

These are Trev's:

http://www.nintengen.com/2016/02/nintendo-nx-zelda-nx-confirmed-2016.html
http://www.nintengen.com/2016/02/3ds-2016-line-up-leaked-much-more.html

AdanVC

I honestly don't care about the 3DS at this point and the irony is that it's the system that is getting supported the most from Nintendo this year... What about Wii U, man???? Will I have to keep playing nothing but Splatoon until NX comes out????

GamerJM

Banned
Cadillac was apparently confirmed by another GAF insider to be Style Savvy. So if I had to guess, I'd say that Caviar F is Rhythm Heaven Plus.

Either way, there's really only 4 major new games from Nintendo themselves (3 if you discount Game Freak). The rest of this list is mainly late localizations & third party games picking up the slack. Clearly Nintendo's ramping up for the NX Platform.

Link to topic/post where this gets confirmed?

fernoca

I honestly don't care about the 3DS at this point and the irony is that it's the system that is getting supported the most from Nintendo this year... What about Wii U, man???? Will I have to keep playing nothing but Splatoon until NX comes out????
Twilight Princess HD, Pokken, Starfox Zero, Paper Mario and #FE at some point...before NX. :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, so it's still coming as scheduled. Wonder when we'll see another preview.

I'd say it has to be soon. I do wonder if it's going to get another E3 to be shown off, but that would mean the game would be launching post-E3...which I guess could be early summer. For a May-July launch, I think the silence needs to be broken by March.

Toparaman

Banned
Hoping that Zelda NX is same day release, with a resolution and/or frame rate boost. That would push me towards buying NX at launch for sure, and I never but consoles at launch.

Instro

Personally it seems like it could be a bad idea to make this even bigger than it already is by making it it's own thread. Hopefully this doesn't blow up in your face, or your sources face.

Just a note to people, and especially blogs, reading this: when we "verify" sources, what we do is get a name to the source and verify that they are in a position that could plausibly know the things that they say they know. We do not verify what they're claiming, just that they are theoretically in a place to be claiming the things they are.

Can this be explained in more detail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom