• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Other" data on PS4 hard drive

f@luS

More than a member.
Hi

I have now 1,09gb of other data on my PS4 hdd
I've rebuild the database twice , it goes away but come back some times after.

Any idea what can it be ? No unfinished or uninstalled download in progress. And can't delete it straight.

JPS Kai

Hi

I have now 1,09gb of other data on my PS4 hdd
I've rebuild the database twice , it goes away but come back some times after.

Any idea what can it be ? No unfinished or uninstalled download in progress. And can't delete it straight.

Have you cleared out all of your screenshots and recording?

Yeah, I'd like to learn more about this other file. My main harddrive (Which has the current games I'm playing) doesn't have anything listed. My external harddrive has had a stead 1.09 GB for a couple weeks and then yesterday it's jumped upped to 6.6 GB and nothing new has been downloaded.

If there is useless data on it, I'd like to clear it out.

PrinceKee

I noticed this last night. Mine is up to 42gb...

Edit: I was downloading games last night just checked and it's 10.99gb. I'll have to keep checking it never noticed "other data" before last night when I was trying to clear space in my pro...

f@luS

More than a member.
I've looked on google and many people are saying it's unfinished downloaded items yet i heckled all my notification and I have nothing unfinished

If I'm remembering correctly, it houses update files for games that haven't been downloaded or installed in full yet. I've seen it before, and the size always matches with the update(s).

f@luS

More than a member.
If I'm remembering correctly, it houses update files for games that haven't been downloaded or installed in full yet. I've seen it before, and the size always matches with the update(s).
I've checked the download notification and i have nothing unfinished. I think so. Hard to tell with that shitry new notification area

f@luS

More than a member.
I cleared all my download notification took me 5" but still nothing to clear that other data

jsnepo

I've checked the download notification and i have nothing unfinished. I think so. Hard to tell with that shitry new notification area

Go to notifications then press options. Choose downloads. You should see there if you have incomplete downloads.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Unfinished downloads, cache files, cached messages and attachments etc. If you send and receive a lot of images that adds up for one example.

f@luS

More than a member.
Go to notifications then press options. Choose downloads. You should see there if you have incomplete downloads.
I did. Even more i just cleared all the list and before that all was "installed"
Unfinished downloads, cache files, cached messages and attachments etc. If you send and receive a lot of images that adds up for one example.
I tried to clear the cache (turn off , take of power cable for some times then turn on ) , I don't send or receive pictures I think. I have few messsages but it should take kb not gb

f@luS

More than a member.
I saw somebody somewhere else with the same issue and I can confirm now

I'm having a 3tb external hard drive as well where I put my indies and psvr games. 500gb used on it

If I disconnect it , that "other" data disappear from my internal hard drive and I see listed all games form the external on it with a "system storage exclusive data " (no size). I guess installing things on the external hard drive leaves some datas on the internal as well

I had this once, but I can't recall if it was just something the system was doing naturally or not. Sorry for not being help, not sure why I responded........ I need coffee.

Top Bottom