• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Well I would like to say thank you (READ: Fuck you) to Amazon UK, who, after having this pre-ordered since the very second they went live, have now told me that I wont be getting one, that they have had ZERO stock of them, and that Microsoft have let them down by not sending anything.

Which is just bloody lovely, as I can't get one ANYWHERE.

Also, its been dispatching since yesterday morning, and they have took the money. So I can't get one even if I wanted to, as I don't have the money.

GREAT STUFF.

Why am I a Prime Member again?

ok now I am worried about my pre order as well.
Prime member here.... pre ordered Scorpio Edition from amazon uk day one !!
order still saying Arriving Today. however, I have NOT received any dispatched email or tracking information yet.

Will contact amazon customer service right now.

Wait what - they don't have stock?!

I preordered within minutes and mine is still dispatching. I spoke to customer support who told me it's likely just not updated on the system and it'll be with me today.

I hope I'm wrong for your sake but what they told you is BS. I order a fair bit from Amazon and the orders always show as dispatched after leaving them before they get to me. Never as dispatchING

BionicRoo

Woah, Doritos is running a competition with Xbox, giving away an Xbox One X every day until January - https://news.microsoft.com/en-gb/2017/11/07/your-doritos-craving-could-win-you-an-xbox-one-x/

xbox-one-x-doritos-pic.jpg

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Wait what - they don't have stock?!

I preordered within minutes and mine is still dispatching. I spoke to customer support who told me it's likely just not updated on the system and it'll be with me today.

Yup, I know... Two people and a supervisor have told me "Sorry sir, we don't have stock, haven't been sent any stock, Microsoft have let us down, I don't know why it says dispatching now for so long, we have taken your money, we can't do anything about that now as its in the system, sorry."

Yet I've spoken to several people who HAVE had them dispatched. I just spoke to a lad on Twitter who sent me a phone screengrab with his Amazon app saying Scorpio edition dispatched.

So, pre-ordering the second they go live doesn't matter, because they just do the orders in any order they see fit...

I'm still hopeful it will be here today.... I'm just pissed that they now have my money, meaning even if I wanted to go to a retailer and get the standard edition, I can't, because I don't have the cash, Amazon do...

Picked my order up at Bestbuy, they said they received 45 preorders for the X and 10 for the Scorpio but no extra units. They turned away about 10 people who were trying to snag one without a preorder. I asked when they will get more and the dude said he had no idea and that a lot of stores couldn’t even fulfill all of their preorders smh

Logsi

Well I would like to say thank you (READ: Fuck you) to Amazon UK, who, after having this pre-ordered since the very second they went live, have now told me that I wont be getting one, that they have had ZERO stock of them, and that Microsoft have let them down by not sending anything.

Which is just bloody lovely, as I can't get one ANYWHERE.

Also, its been dispatching since yesterday morning, and they have took the money. So I can't get one even if I wanted to, as I don't have the money.

GREAT STUFF.

Why am I a Prime Member again?

I did exactly the same. Ordered within minutes of it going live and plumped for the scorpio edition. Never been let down by Amazon before and always go with them due to their returns policy.

My order has still not progressed.

Oh well...it was for Christmas anyway but the excitement of the delivery was nice at least. The only time this has ever happened before was with Dishonored 2 and they sent the very next day and gave me a voucher for another game. What's a day? They'll rectify the issue and most likely be kind enough to give you a voucher for money off something else.

Yup, I know... Two people and a supervisor have told me "Sorry sir, we don't have stock, haven't been sent any stock, Microsoft have let us down, I don't know why it says dispatching now for so long, we have taken your money, we can't do anything about that now as its in the system, sorry."

Yet I've spoken to several people who HAVE had them dispatched. I just spoke to a lad on Twitter who sent me a phone screengrab with his Amazon app saying Scorpio edition dispatched.

So, pre-ordering the second they go live doesn't matter, because they just do the orders in any order they see fit...

I'm still hopeful it will be here today.... I'm just pissed that they now have my money, meaning even if I wanted to go to a retailer and get the standard edition, I can't, because I don't have the cash, Amazon do...

BIB is a shitty way to treat customers

My amazon.de preorder which had a shipment date of 11/22 was shipped yesterday. Lol, wasn't expecting it.

I don't even know if I want the console x(

lostcauz

Try and reserve one at a Argos, you'll have until tomorrow to pick it up, get your money back from Amazon today.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Try and reserve one at a Argos, you'll have until tomorrow to pick it up, get your money back from Amazon today.

Argos don't do the Scorpio, do they? Which is why, for now at least, I'm holding out.

If I have to wait a few days, I have to wait. But you know its just nice to be kept in the loop and not be lied to by some bloke claiming I've been sent emails already telling me its not in stock. If I had an email, why would I be on the phone to you at 7:30 in the morning, dumb ass...

Didn't help the call centre was on the moon, either...

Lucifon

Hmmm this whole thing is a mess. Just spoke to a few agents and each is saying it'll arrive today still.

Surya Teja: I'm glad to tell you that a dispatch ID has been generated for your order. This means that the parcel is in transit to the carrier.
Hence, as soon as the carrier scans your parcel, the order information will be updated accordingly.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Hmmm this whole thing is a mess. Just spoke to a few agents and each is saying it'll arrive today still.

Well, I'm hopeful because mine does say "today".

But yeah, its all a mess. You would think an online retailer the size of Amazon would have all this better sorted. Hell, automated, even? "We have X pre orders requested, we now have Y stock, and wont be getting more until Z date. Lets email those who wont get one now.

No no... much better to just keep them in the system. One or two messed around isn't worth the loss of money of them going elsewhere..."

They have the day to update me or deliver to me. But hell, I'm sooooo looking forward to getting it at 11pm tonight... Because we all know you can just plug these things in and away you go, instantly!

lostcauz

Argos don't do the Scorpio, do they? Which is why, for now at least, I'm holding out.

If I have to wait a few days, I have to wait. But you know its just nice to be kept in the loop and not be lied to by some bloke claiming I've been sent emails already telling me its not in stock. If I had an email, why would I be on the phone to you at 7:30 in the morning, dumb ass...

Didn't help the call centre was on the moon, either...

They don't do the scorpio edition, it does leave you in a difficult situation though as it seems no one at amazon can tell you if they have had stock/run out of stock/whats happening with your order.

I'm in a similar situation with John Lewis, ordered and paid for on the day preorders went live, no dispatch email and the guy on the phone just reads off what I already know, it should be delivered today, can't provide me with any tracking info or anything meaningful. It could turn up today, tomorrow or never, frustrating.

Lucifon

Surely more lies as if it's only on the way to the carrier still then it can't possibly get to you today?

Most things get handed over in the morning so there's still hope.

Well, I'm hopeful because mine does say "today".

But yeah, its all a mess. You would think an online retailer the size of Amazon would have all this better sorted. Hell, automated, even? "We have X pre orders requested, we now have Y stock, and wont be getting more until Z date. Lets email those who wont get one now.

No no... much better to just keep them in the system. One or two messed around isn't worth the loss of money of them going elsewhere..."

They have the day to update me or deliver to me. But hell, I'm sooooo looking forward to getting it at 11pm tonight... Because we all know you can just plug these things in and away you go, instantly!

I guess we'll find out today. It seems a lot of us are in the same boat. Twitter suggests the same.

katsais

Went to my local MS store and managed to snag a regular XOX, I guess they had a canceled order. So fucking stocked. Now, I await my second one from Amazon for the wife.

Had a great experience at the MS store as well and got some free shirts.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
So its just sat there in a warehouse in Tamworth (UK) with UPS and it hasn't moved an inch since last night.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Sounds more likely to me, that they can't get this out quick enough, rather than the problem being Microsoft...

Just pay the damn chump change to get them out, Amazon?

Update: Just recived the following email from Amazon uk

Hello,

We're sorry about the delay in getting your order to you, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're preparing it for dispatch now.

Within the next business day you should receive an e-mail from us confirming that the following items have been dispatched:

"Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition 1TB Console"
https://eur02.safelinks.protection....7aSFE8qmSWlKJuf/wrohf0xvHqT7D5kdU=&reserved=0

This confirmation e-mail will include tracking information if it's available and a new estimated delivery date.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.
We hope to see you again soon.

Amazon.co.uk

Man I am disappointed :(
I am a prime member as well, who pre ordered the console from August :( :( :(

FYI, they did charge my card as well :( :( :( :(

Update: Just recived the following email from Amazon uk

Man I am disappointed :(
I am a prime member as well, who pre ordered the console from August :( :( :(

FYI, they did charge my card as well :( :( :( :(

Mine is sitting in a depot as from 4:40am but no sign of it being out for delivery today as yet.

At least I have allocated stock I guess and probably wont be able to switch it on tonight anyway. Still, might complain to see what I get from Amazon. Still salty about the Currys deal with Forza, Halo and Quantum Break.

Lucifon

Mine is sitting in a depot as from 4:40am but no sign of it being out for delivery today as yet.

At least I have allocated stock I guess and probably wont be able to switch it on tonight anyway. Still, might complain to see what I get from Amazon. Still salty about the Currys deal with Forza, Halo and Quantum Break.

I heard they weren't shipping those because they were out of stock of Halo 5 or something? So not sure that would be a better situation.

gossi

If Amazon don’t deliver your order and you’re in UK, install the Argos app on your phone and reserve and collect in store. You can pick them up today. Or have them delivered today.

Logsi

If Amazon don’t deliver your order and you’re in UK, install the Argos app on your phone and reserve and collect in store. You can pick them up today. Or have them delivered today.

They don't have Scorpio as far as I'm aware. Amazon customer service with returns can't be beaten so I'm apprehensive about going elsewhere.

Refused

Neo Member
I think something might be up with Amazon UK in general. I've got two other Prime orders that were due for delivery today and haven't been sent.

I think something might be up with Amazon UK in general. I've got two other Prime orders that were due for delivery today and haven't been sent.

Bodes well for Black Friday and Christmas deliveries then.

Maybe the power of Scorpio was too much for them?

pieface

My Amazon order is being delivered between the 7th-9th?

I'm a prime member who ordered the day they went on sale.

If it doesn't come til Thursday I'll be pissed.

My Amazon order is being delivered between the 7th-9th?

I'm a prime member who ordered the day they went on sale.

If it doesn't come til Thursday I'll be pissed.

That's what mine said once it was delivered. I can see it made it to the local distribution centre but it's still there as of 9:30am and I doubt it's moving today if that's the case.

Looks like they have been overloaded with deliveries to be honest.

Prime member, ordered within 5 minutes of release etc etc also. It doesn't help.

pieface

That's what mine said once it was delivered. I can see it made it to the local distribution centre but it's still there as of 9:30am and I doubt it's moving today if that's the case.

Looks like they have been overloaded with deliveries to be honest.

Prime member, ordered within 5 minutes of release etc etc also. It doesn't help.

Yup mine is in the local sorting office. Having a moan at Amazon.

They just said...

"Thanks for waiting. I see that the item has already arrived to the carrier facility. It would be delivered to you as soon as possible today. Also for your convenience,I have sent a direct message to the delivery drivers personal handheld device, to make sure the delivery is done as soon as possible today"

So might be worth having a bit of a moan at them...

Rourkey

I cant believe Amazon have fucked me over as well, I cant believe ive taken the day off work for this and they tell me the morning of the delivery?!!

Rourkey

I cant believe Amazon have fucked me over as well, I cant believe ive taken the day off work for this and they tell me the morning of the delivery?!!

Just called Amazon and been told that it will be delivered today, the email gets sent if the dispatchers haven't acknowledged they have the item, them but it will go out today they assure me, I will hold on to my wrath for a while

Just called Amazon and been told that it will be delivered today, the email gets sent if the dispatchers haven't acknowledged they have the item, them but it will go out today they assure me, I will hold on to my wrath for a while

Just received my "out for delivery" email as at 10:10am so I should be good. Looks like a backlog of updates if nothing else as I can't believe the driver set off then.

ColEx

Amazon UK emailed me this morning telling me my Scorpio Edition has been delayed and will be delivered tomorrow. I spoke to a Amazon chat help yesterday and he said it would get dispatched before the day ends and delivered today!

OCD Guy

I've received mine from Amazon but not happy. The packaging they used was atrocious, a thin cardboard box with the console loose inside, no packaging inside the box at all, and so the actual Scorpio box is dented to fuck.

I'm surprised they didn't go all out and just stick a shipping label directly on the Xbox box and save even more money on packaging....

Amazon UK emailed me this morning telling me my Scorpio Edition has been delayed and will be delivered tomorrow. I spoke to a Amazon chat help yesterday and he said it would get dispatched before the day ends and delivered today!

Customer service agents at Amazon have zero clue what is going on, they're glorified script readers. The only thing they're good for is trying to get compensation.

I ordered a 4K TV yesterday, paid for express delivery by 1pm and it's still showing as preparing for dispatch lol. I've spoken to them on the phone, via chat and I get given a different answer each time. One tells me it will still come (yeah right it hasn't even been dispatched) and another says it's been lost (difficult considering it's not been dispatched) and the third says there was a mix up at the fulfilment centre and it'll be dispatched today for tomorrow.

They offered me 30 day extension on Prime, big deal....

Lucifon

I just spoke to Amazon on the phone and they said it's still not dispatched and there's a chance it'll be delayed. So in other words, it's delayed. And asked if I'd be willing for it to arrive tomorrow. I'm so so pissed off.

This will absolutely be the last time I trust Amazon with any major release. Communication has been atrocious during the process too, we have no idea what's going on with our orders and if they'll be delayed or not (which all signs point to that being yes).

People who preordered days ago receive them but August 20th folk are having delays, completely insane. I'm resisting going crazy at them until I know for sure it won't arrive today.

I've received mine from Amazon but not happy. The packaging they used was atrocious, a thin cardboard box with the console loose inside, no packaging inside the box at all, and so the actual Scorpio box is dented to fuck.

I'm surprised they didn't go all out and just stick a shipping label directly on the Xbox box and save even more money on packaging....

Terrible..a high value item and had zero cushion inside, shit like that doesn't slip through Amazons packaging department..hope everything fine inside the box.

ColEx

Customer service agents have zero clue what is going on, they're glorified script readers. The only thing they're good for is trying to get compensation.

yep, i just spoke to them again, and the lady told me it will be delivered by the end of today.

Never had an issue with Amazon when it comes to orders, this is the first time.

pieface

Yeah i've not had issue with Amazon til now.

Would just cancel and go with Argos but they're all sold out too which is a bit weird.

pesaddict

Banned

Wait what!?

gossi

Would just cancel and go with Argos but they're all sold out too which is a bit weird.

If you're in Liverpool I have a spare reservation at Argos (I made a backup one in case Amazon screwed up).

Rellik

Amazon have been terrible for video gaming stuff for years. I feel like a broken record at this point, but there's so many sites out there here in the UK that do it so much better than Amazon for games and consoles.

If it's super important to you to get something on release then don't trust Amazon.

gossi

Amazon have been terrible for video gaming stuff for years. I feel like a broken record at this point, but there's so many sites out there here in the UK that do it so much better than Amazon for games and consoles.

If it's super important to you to get something on release then don't trust Amazon.

In fairness - I use Amazon all the time, for all my video game stuff and most of my other stuff (incoming home shopping and Amazon Dash) - I never have problems.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yeah to be fair, I've only ever had one problem with Amazon Prime, and that was a game I had on pre-order for THREE YEARS missed release date, lol... We called them up, got some extra months for Prime, and got it elsewhere.

Top Bottom