• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs Release Date and new Trailer coming today?

fasTRapid

Banned
Looks like something is happening this week. Also noticed that Brian Crecente from Polygon is in Montreal right now. Maybe they have a preview event today.

6XfMm2d.png

https://twitter.com/davidtherio/status/440455105301987329
Hype itches...

ekim

I was in Saturn (large electronics retailer in Germany) today and they had preorder boxes for the PS3 and PS4 version. I can't remember seeing them when I was there last week.
Unfortunately no release date was attached.

Dash_

GTAV happened. The main theory is that WD lacked loads of content (even game mechanics?) compared to GTAV, thus the postponinng.

With a six month delay, surely it'd just be a polishing exercise. They wouldn't have had time to add content.

NHale

What state was this game in that it needed a extra half a year of dev time?

The rumors last year was that mock reviews were low (even some business analysts said it) and the PS3/X360 versions were terrible (technical performance and image quality) which Ubisoft feared would bring bad publicity for the game.

i don't think it was delayed cause of GTAV. The game just looked bad...just look at the TGS mission stream on youtube. it looks like a C grade game.

It will probably be a 6/10 or 7/10 game...nothing special

Servbot24

Banned
i don't think it was delayed cause of GTAV. The game just looked bad...just look at the TGS mission stream on youtube. it looks like a C grade game.

It will probably be a 6/10 or 7/10 game...nothing special

I'm feeling the same... Gameplay looks extremely dull, and at this point the graphics won't be as alluring as they would have if it were a launch title.

I think the delay wasn't because the game was bad. I think it was fine. But they want this to become a franchise like AC, so they need great or amazing. Fine won't cut it.

Tagg9

With a six month delay, surely it'd just be a polishing exercise. They wouldn't have had time to add content.

With 6 months of additional dev time and a rumored 600-person team, I wouldn't be that surprised if they added in additional content (side quests, expanding the world, etc.).

Daffy Duck

Ubisoft announce the release date, then the following week Rockstar announce next gen GTA V, Ubisoft takes their ball and goes home.

The Art of Watch Dogs book [link] is still slated for a 4/22/2014 release. That's also a Tuesday.

For context, the AC4 art book was released on that title's launch day (10/29/13).

Apologies in advance for the necro.

Just wanted to point out that after Ubi announced the new May 27th date, the art book for Watch_Dogs changed its release date accordingly.

The previous release date of 4/22 was too specific, different from all the other "placeholder" dates on other retail sites, and extremely similar to what we were hearing months back as to when WD might see a release (i.e. sometime in April). I'm thinking the publisher for the book got the date from Ubisoft as "that's when we're releasing", so going forward it might be worth it to keep an eye on the release dates for these types of books-- at least when it comes to Ubi titles since there is a definite pattern there of same-day releases-- in order to get a better idea of when a game is coming even if Ubisoft themselves are being tight-lipped.

Top Bottom