• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the whole presentation sucked, it felt too much like they were trying to justify it instead of introducing it. Perhaps that's just me who has never been a huge fan of this idea. Besides, holiday 2017? That's a long ass wait right there.

Maxim726X

I'm still sour from what they tried to do with the launch of the One...

But they're really trying to mend fences here. Gotta like their new focus.

I don't really see how this can be viable right now, either it's going to be really expensive for the consumer or really expensive for microsoft.

Its pointless though since Xbox has no exclusives... its literally the worse option for gaming.

Multiplatform Titles are better on PS4(we'll see what Neo brings) and PC
"Exclusive" Titles are better on PC

Im trying to understand why anyone needs an XB1 anymore. (more specifically, the gamers who buy all consoles/pc for the exclusives.... not just the people who buy one)
I will buy this rather than an upgraded PC. Other people will and this will sell. The PS4K will also sell. The Slim will sell.

It's all good in the hood.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
big question for me is whether it has a big enough CPU to match the GPU. 6TF if only in GPU won't be enough.

Good start though - lets see what Sony brings. TBH after just upgrading my PC though, the 'buy once play anywhere' is really attractive - using the Xbox scorpio as the living room box

Also want more info on VR - will it support oculus only, or also vive, or an MS own-brand headset next year?

sonto340

Why would you announce a console 18 months in advance? Does Microsoft feel like their current offering was selling just a little too quickly for their tastes?
I see this all the time.
If someone hasn't bought an Xbox one three years in, why would they buy a Scorpio earlier. Late adopters don't just become early adopters like that.

doesnt 4k games pretty much kill most the power to where it won't look like that huge of an upgrade. Would there be games made for 1080p that look better in a sense

Nephtes

Not understanding the strategy of announcing Scorpio. Seems like a good way to get people to not buy Xbox One S...
While also giving your competition the ability to match you spec for spec...

Genio88

Awesome, though we are still over a year from it, 6TF could not be that much by then, i mean for console will be for sure, though not for PC, that's why i'm so happy that Microsoft is bringing every exclusive on PC too, i'll just keep my day one Xbox One and play the exclusive on PC buying them on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom