• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Trailers: Feb 27, full 2 player co-op, custom lead, map editor, more info

Vuze

Screenshots:

First screen is ok. The rest looks rough and LQ.
Well, atleast I can't fault them for using extreme bullshots this time around. Game looks rather poor graphics-wise.
I feel sorry for the people commenting on the characters trailers and think this is in-game footage. (Also thought that at first and was wowed, remembered this was Ubisoft and FarCry and then found the one video between like 6 where actual in-game footage is shown)

Nice setting but not convinced in the slightest.

Full Artwork from Cover
q3dxc6cqpigna5jvuvnb.jpg
Neat, was hoping that would show up

Ashby

It's a common thing in that appalchian noir/neo-noir genre. The town isnt usually taken over, but rather the gang/cult/etc operates in and around, and don't go against them or you might just disappear that night.

Plus Jonestown and Heaven's Gate were in the US, so it's not that far fetched

But then there's also infamous examples of the federal government coming down hard (controversy still swirls to this day about the feds coming down *too* hard) on these types of groups like at Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
"PLAY EARLY from 7/11" says Amazon UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072J4F3BW/

Best Buy's U.S. Site doesn't have that on the Gold Edition description. Only has:
The Gold Edition includes all Deluxe add-on content, the season pass, and a collectible SteelBook case.

Fan the flames of resistance and fight to free Hope County from the grip of a deadly cult in the newest installment of the Far Cry series.

Beware of the wrath of Joseph Seed and his cult followers as you support the resistance in small-town America.

Explore Hope County and discover the Montana countryside, wildlife, and its inhabitants in an exciting open world.

Play your way. Build your character, make your own allies, and watch the world change as you progress.

Preorder now to get the Doomsday Prepper Pack. Includes the prepper outfit, gun and vehicle skins, plus additional consumables.

Plum

Someone post those artworks of president Lincolns and Washingtons ridiong bears.

I think it's pretty cool, who cares about realism of this aspect.

I'm fine with some random deputy knowing how to tame wild beasts...

...as long as they bring over the UAV Owl from Primal and turn it into a Bald Eagle for extra 'murica.

Boss Mog

This is Ubisoft we're talking about here. Have they EVER released a game that looked like the trailers?

Ghost Recon Wildlands looks as good as the trailers. It's a much nicer looking game than people give it credit for too, especially the lighting.

Last week a lot of us didn't like what Ubi was becoming, with all the live services and what not and not a single mention of singleplayer. But with this trailer and the info out it's clear that Ubi really isn't leaving singleplayer behind and i'm sure we'll see the same for the new AC game. That's good!

Guevara

Setting is cool. I haven't played a Far Cry game in forever, but I hope you can ignore the story and just dick around.

Maybe should clarify I don't wish religious people *real world* death. I'm just ready for games to start taking on religion because I think it's pretty dumb and has ruined a lot of people in my family.

I'm not religious either, but you're painting with far too broad a brush.

Moneal

It's a common thing in that appalchian noir/neo-noir genre. The town isnt usually taken over, but rather the gang/cult/etc operates in and around, and don't go against them or you might just disappear that night.

Plus Jonestown and Heaven's Gate were in the US, so it's not that far fetched

Jonestown wasn't in the US. The cult started in the US, but they started their own town in Guyana. also both of those were cults based in major US cities, Indy and San Diego respectively.

My response upon first seeing the key art:
Gut Reaction: No. Very turned-off.

I've had some fun with the series in the past though, so I'm interested to see and learn more about the game, setting, and characters.

After watching the various trailers, and reading some of the articles detailing aspects of the game, I've definitely warmed to it, though still not completely sold. It seems like this will be a lot more dynamic of a world compared with previous Far Cry games. Looking forward to seeing more.

Keasar

Also added to the OP from Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/far-cry-5-is-a-game-about-resisting-an-american-militia-1795576487

Main character is customisable, so you can choose their gender and skin color

Black MC?
Black MC.
This is a game that requires Quentin Tarantino style Black MC.

What saddens me though is that this is still probably gonna be the usual Ubisoft Far Cry type of game. Here is a map, the map is filled with icons or requires you to tediously climb a tower to fill the map with icons, now go and collect all the icons.

Dunkley

Like a good magic trick, Ubisoft managed to make my hype disappear from one moment to the next one.

But with that said, I don't think it looks bad. It does look like a game you can enjoy and play so that's good for the people that are excited about this game.

I just happened to expect something else based on the key art.

Ashby

Jonestown wasn't in the US. The cult started in the US, but they started their own town in Guyana. also both of those were cults based in major US cities, Indy and San Diego respectively.

Yeah, Jonestown is an example against this being a credible premise since they had to flee the US to get up to the real crazy shit.

Fuchsdh

Can choose gender and skin color for the first time.

This gives me pause, in that it suggests they'll just be going for a cipher protagonist instead of one with personality. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

As for the plausibility angle, Far Cry has never really operated in a "normal" world, so cults taking over small towns seems right up there with everything else as part of its heightened reality.

Have no interest in the rural America setting but willing to see some gameplay before I judge it too much.

Not being biased but I think Australia would have been the perfect setting for a farcry game , deadly animals , remote outback gives you the crazy people setting , but also possibilities for oceans and waterfalls etc I mean look at forza horizon 3 and imagine that as an fps

Maybe farcry 6 :)

Top Bottom