• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrik

Diablo 3 beta on new iPad via splashtop is surprisingly functional.
Thanks for mentioning Splashtop! Never heard of it before but I just bought it and Wow what an awesome app. It feels like a laptop if you use the trackpad controls, and almost no lag when moving the pointer either. I'm thinking that I could pretty much put my laptop away, maybe change it to a whisper silent PC or Mac mini instead.

SyNapSe

saw this review on toucharcade.

Linux Tycoon, in case you've never heard of it, bills itself as "the world's premiere Linux Distribution Building Simulation Game." It's got similar gameplay to the many other Tycoon-style games out there, with one gloriously nerdy twist. In Linux Tycoon, you're not building railroads, managing hospitals, or anything like that, you're trying to build the world's greatest Linux distro.

LOL. They've totally got the market cornered

Yeah I got back into it too. What's your gc nick?

Same as my neogaf name. Gamecocks625

Try to beat my first ever run on Puzzle Mode, sucka!

I knew I shouldn't have accepted you friend request! I kid! Good score. I haven't really played puzzle mode much but I'll certainly give it some more love. I've been trying to work on my best word yet I know it probably pales in comparison to some people that can crack off 1000pt words at ease.

Perhaps not a traditional game but I've just released my latest app on iPhone: Fun Folds ($0.99, £0.69, €0.79)

http://www.funfolds.com

It lets you fold Ross Kemp Folds style photos on your iOS 5 device. There's some emergent gameplay forming in the community where people are battling to outdo each other folding "super deformed" celebrities.

Anyway, thoughts appreciated. :)

Heel

I knew I shouldn't have accepted you friend request! I kid! Good score. I haven't really played puzzle mode much but I'll certainly give it some more love. I've been trying to work on my best word yet I know it probably pales in comparison to some people that can crack off 1000pt words at ease.

Considering I felt like a genius getting a 300 point word I don't think my score will last long...lol. Slick game though. I picked up that and Puzzlejuice.

It's a physic based puzzle, but it's not a Angry Birds rippoff at all. I think that you are based only on prejudices about the company, not about how it's the game.

123rl

Anyone tried Hero's Academy yet? It's basically an online turn-based strategy game. It's free and you pay for DLC characters and themes if you want it. It's very good so download it and start a game with me. My Game Centre ID is richardl83

GeekyDad

Anyone tried Hero's Academy yet? It's basically an online turn-based strategy game. It's free and you pay for DLC characters and themes if you want it. It's very good so download it and start a game with me. My Game Centre ID is richardl83

You're a couple/few months late, I think. It seems to have had a good run.

GeekyDad

Just putting this out there, if you're a fan of Dungeon Raid, check out Wing Warrior (which, by the way, I have nothing to do with the game other than stumbling upon it and really enjoying it). Plays very differently but is very similar in terms of offering really addictive quick-fix RPG gameplay.

Two caveats:

1. It's free, so there are ads, and they can make your game hiccup mid-play. It never caused any really issue, and they don't get in the way. But they are there.

2. There are no in-game instructions. You'll have to read how to play in the game description, and the developer's English ain't great. Still, once you figure out what to do, you WILL have fun...unless you're dead inside.

Just putting this out there, if you're a fan of Dungeon Raid, check out Wing Warrior (which, by the way, I have nothing to do with the game other than stumbling upon it and really enjoying it). Plays very differently but is very similar in terms of offering really addictive quick-fix RPG gameplay.

Two caveats:

1. It's free, so there are ads, and they can make your game hiccup mid-play. It never caused any really issue, and they don't get in the way. But they are there.

2. There are no in-game instructions. You'll have to read how to play in the game description, and the developer's English ain't great. Still, once you figure out what to do, you WILL have fun...unless you're dead inside.

Cool, I'll check it out.

mblitek

Just a heads up for everyone in here. A fellow gaffer's mom needs money for medical purposes. Why not chip in a few bucks and not buy any new game that will worsen our backlog? (you know you have tons of unplayed games on your backlog!!)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=471034

Thanks man, I donated. Please people, donate! It was easy to donate, no harm! No minimum dollar amount, whatever you can spare! I don't even know amirox or his Mom but I have sympathy.

If you own an iPhone or iPad, surely you can chip in at least a couple dollars! Seriously.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I like how the discussion is about "NO GAMELOFT DIDN'T RIP THIS ONE GAME OFF NOOOO NOT THIS TIME".

Because seriously, wat?

I want Virtua Tennis to come out now :( Does anyone have any more impressions on Total War Battles?

GeekyDad

I like how the discussion is about "NO GAMELOFT DIDN'T RIP THIS ONE GAME OFF NOOOO NOT THIS TIME".

Because seriously, wat?

Well, for me personally, I absolutely appreciate what Gameloft does in the sense of offering viable clones of game favorites. If the big boys and girls won't or take too long to bring their goods to market, I'm glad to see someone offering some type of option. What I don't care for is the mammoth file sizes that always seem to be part of the deal with a Gameloft game.

Because seriously, wat?

I want Virtua Tennis to come out now :( Does anyone have any more impressions on Total War Battles?
Same here. If its anything like the original Dreamcast version, I'm all over it.

I didn't get into Dungeon Raid at first during the last $0.99 sale. I deleted it, but installed it again after I read so many good things about it. Gave it one more chance and finally got hooked.

I guess I didn't understand what the game was about when I first played it. Once I realized what it was about, it became one of my favorite ios games.

Also, I wonder how Marvel VS Capcom 2 will be like. I'm going to buy it even though it plays like ass. Hope it's not $15!

I really like the puzzle mechanics and the basic gameplay in Dungeon Raid, but there's so much faff around it that I hardly ever want to actually play it

bubnbob

Banned
Yaaaa finished Chaos Rings Omega. Way better than the original. The whole "extra" mode offers much more after you beat it for those interested as well. Game Center is used weird with this game, theres a bunch of achievements that dont even show up initially, not even as "Hidden" so I have no idea how to unlock any more than the ones I earned through story.

Next time there's a sale on iTunes cards I will be picking up Chaos Rings 2.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The main character is a fish, and the slingshot shooting is the same. But the gameplay is not similar at all. Enviroment destruction in large level vs puzzle like object gathering in closed enviroment, with fluids.

Saving Yello

Shark Dash

IF you worked on the game we get it you want it to be successful and not just looked at as a mediocre rip off of a ripoff.

If you didn't? Dude chill they aren't paying you.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The update broke Pinball Arcade for iPad 3. Let's see if I can successfully upload a screen..
1RluJ.jpg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Actually it fixed it for iPad 3, gameplay wise. The game was unplayable on new iPads before the update.
Oh interesting... Broke the menus, fixed the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom