• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew Xbox One Promotion - www.every2minutes.com

Ecrofirt

With the previous Xbox360 version of this, it was set up like a lottery. They pooled entries and picked one at random. If yours was picked, you won.

This appears to be an ebay style auction, which is pure evil. You accumulate points, and put them toward an auction. You can set a maximum bid, that you're willing to try. Other people will also bid, raising the current bid on the console.

This seems designed to purely get you to buy as much soda and doritos as possible.

Rhindle

Only Mountain Dew and Doritos? Crap.

The 2005 deal had all Pepsi beverages, which included some palatable sustances.

With the previous Xbox360 version of this, it was set up like a lottery. They pooled entries and picked one at random. If yours was picked, you won.

This appears to be an ebay style auction, which is pure evil. You accumulate points, and put them toward an auction. You can set a maximum bid, that you're willing to try. Other people will also bid, raising the current bid on the console.

This seems designed to purely get you to buy as much soda and doritos as possible.

On the other hand, you can guarantee yourself a console with any combo of 1000 dew/dorito codes by having the first bid of 1000.

Damn.

Look for a unique ten (10)-character alphanumeric code (each, a “Code”) underneath white
bottle caps on specially-marked 20 oz. bottles of Mountain Dew products, 1-Liter and 2-
Liter bottles of Mtn Dew and Diet Mtn Dew® and 12-pack Cartons of Mtn Dew, Diet Mtn
Dew and Mtn Dew Game Fuel® and 24-pack cartons of Mtn Dew and Diet Mtn Dew.
Participating 20 oz. bottle brands include: Mtn Dew, Diet Mtn Dew, Mtn Dew Code Red, Mtn
Dew Game Fuel, Mtn Dew Live Wire, Mtn Dew White Out® and Mountain Dew Voltage.
Codes can also be found inside specially marked bags of Doritos® Nacho Cheese (11oz,
3.375oz, and 2.125oz), Doritos® Cool Ranch® (11 oz., 3.375 oz., and 2.125 oz.),and/or
Doritos® Spicy Nacho ( 11 oz. and, 3.375 oz.); Doritos® Jacked™ Spicy BBQ (10 oz. and
3.375 oz.), Doritos® Jacked™ Ranch-Dipped Hot Wings (10 oz. and 3.375 oz.), Doritos®
Dinamita™ Chile Limon (9.25 oz. and 4 oz.), Doritos® Dinamita™ Nacho Picoso (9.25 oz. and
4 oz.) and/or Doritos® Gamer Pack (7 oz.). N

Can't cheat my way to it without opening random bottles of Dew at WalMart.

Bsigg12

Diet Dew for the win! I have a few friends who live on Doritos so I'll have them pull me codes from their bags. The Forza Auction sounds awesome.

From the official rules:
Premium Auction: Each Premium Auction will consist of one (1) Xbox One custom entertainment system as indicated in the auction, one (1) Xbox One game as indicated in the Auction detail, a 12 month membership to Xbox Live Gold, a code to download an in game DLC as indicated in the Auction detail and an experience as described below:

Ryse Auction Winner and each travel guest must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible to bid on this trip. Trip consists of a trip for four (4) persons (Auction winner and three (3) travel guests) to Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, the opportunity to play Ryse with a preselected Machinima celebrity, set of limited edition replica Roman Armor and full-size Roman statue created in winner’s likeness. Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation for four (4) from an airport near Auction winner's home within the U.S. (airport, carrier and itinerary selected by Sponsor), two (2) double occupancy standard hotel rooms for two (2) nights and $500 spending money.

Dead Rising 3 • One (1) Ultimate home entertainment package which includes: one (1) flat screen television, Polk audio sound bar, one (1) Turtle Beach head set, one (1) Xbox One custom controller, and gaming chair.• Limited edition full size replica paddle saw from the
Dead Rising 3 game.• The opportunity to play Dead Rising 3 with a preselected Machinimacelebrity, depending upon celebrity availability/schedule.

Forza 5 Trip consists of a trip for two (2) persons (Auction winner and one (1) travel guest) to Bondurant High Performance Driving School, the opportunity to play Forza with a pre-selected Machinima celebrity. Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation for two (2)
from an airport near Auction winner's home within the U.S. (airport, carrier and itinerary selected by Sponsor), one (1) double occupancy standard hotel rooms for two (2) nights, ground transportation/car rental and $500 spending money.

Microsoft Trip consists of a trip for two (2) persons (Auction winner and one (1) travel guest) to Microsoft Studios in Redmond, WA, the opportunity to pitch your idea for the next great Microsoft Studios video game and behindthe-scenes tour of Microsoft studios. Trip includesround-trip coach air transportation for two (2) from an airport near Auction winner's home within the U.S. (airport, carrier and itinerary selected by Sponsor), One (1) double occupancy standard hotel room for two (2)nights, ground transportation/car rental and $500
spending money.

Dug

Banned
Only Mountain Dew and Doritos? Crap.

The 2005 deal had all Pepsi beverages, which included some palatable sustances.
Mountain Dew is OK imo. It doesn't taste great but it doesn't taste terrible either, pretty much in the middle for me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Every 2 minutes a dudebro is hungry for some dew and doritos. Will you dew the right thing and donate to the charity like a bro?

Given that you need to bid to win you would probably have to buy 500 dollars worth of doritos and dew to outbid other people. Nevermind people who go around recycling bins gathering codes.

Just seems very unlikely to win.l

Hmm... I don't see that in the FAQ anywhere. Did I miss it somewhere?

The rules limit each person to a maximum of 1000 entries.

The rules state the console has a late November target release:

R1G2iiW.png

Ecrofirt

Yup, and I think quite a few GAFfers won actually. Or was it that Subway promotion with Uncharted?

sangreal helped make a lot of people aware of the last auction and subsequently win.

I ended up PMing what felt like hundreds of people a few codes each because I had a large surplus.
edit: Changed Wario64 to sangreal

sangreal

On the other hand, you can guarantee yourself a console with any combo of 1000 dew/dorito codes by having the first bid of 1000.

each entry isn't worth the same amount of points, so you would need 150,000 points (max points) not 1000 entries (75-150,000 points). I don't get why it isn't capped at 300,000 points. You can only enter 500 24-packs

So you'll end yo having to spend over $500 just to prolly win a bid.

Plus side you'll get to eat/drink that 500?

And 50000 worth of medical bills. Over-delivering value once again.

each entry isn't worth the same amount of points, so you would need 150,000 points (max points) not 1000 entries (75-150,000 points). I don't get why it isn't capped at 300,000 points. You can only enter 500 24-packs

Ouch. I bet 75000 would win at least one auction though.

GeeDuhb

I wonder if this will be set up like that PS Trophy one was...you spend your trophies (points) and they are gone, whether you win or not. THAT would be evil.

Bsigg12

Sounds like there is both a giveaway sweepstakes, and the auction.

9. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWINGS: Potential prize winner(s) will be selected in a random
drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the deadline date/time for that day.
Drawings will be conducted on or about each Friday during the Sweepstakes Period with the
first drawing being held on November 8, 2013 and the last drawing being held on or about
December 13, 2013. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received prior
to the end of each day’s deadline. All prizes will be awarded.

10. BIDDING IN AUCTIONS:
Standard Auctions will close every two (2) minutes beginning at 9:02 p.m. and ending at 2:00 a.m. each night during the Auction Period except when a Standard Auction is replaced by an Advanced or Premium Auction. Advanced Auctions will close once per night, Saturday -Thursday and Premium Auctions will close once per week on Friday evenings, except Friday November 8, 2013. A full list of Auctions will be displayed on the Auction section of the website beginning November 5, 2013.Participants can participate in the Auction through a bidding module that will allow them to enter and place their bids.Every time the Participant places a bid, they will be notified that their bid was accepted onscreen. Participants will then receive a notification when they have been outbid. Bidding activity continues until the Auction time expires. The highest bidder at the time expiration wins the Auction and will be notified via email that they were the highest bidder.

FinKL

No one found it odd it starts Nov. 5th?
"Auctions open November 5th at 2:01am ET. Register now to get ready."
Probably means jack but it caught my eye.
EDIT: Just saw the Late Nov. Launch post

I wonder if this will be set up like that PS Trophy one was...you spend your trophies (points) and they are gone, whether you win or not. THAT would be evil.

That wouldn't work in their favor. People would discouraged after losing and quit buying (especially with a code limit). If they keep their points, they get to keep buying and try again.

Skeff

every 2 mins... and for 66 days? I wonder how many units do they have or is this promotional fluff

every 2 mins for 5 hours a night, so 150 consoles a night for 65 days + black friday = 9750 + 720 for black friday which gives 10470 consoles. Notice the up to 14 weeks delivery though, these aren't launch consoles, you;ll get them at the start of February after the rush.

Right, but if everyone has the same cap, if you have the max points, just bid them all on an Xbox One and call it a day. Right?

Amir0x

Banned
I always love around system launches when the companies do this. Odds are not ridiculously awful at a legit chance of winning one either.

Diet Dew for the win! I have a few friends who live on Doritos so I'll have them pull me codes from their bags. The Forza Auction sounds awesome.

From the official rules:

Omg.

Trip consists of a trip for four (4) persons (Auction winner and three (3) travel guests) to Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, the opportunity to play Ryse with a preselected Machinima celebrity, set of limited edition replica Roman Armor and full-size Roman statue created in winner’s likeness.

I need this. :lol

Ecrofirt

They've split out points from codes.

Based on reading, here's what I gather:
You get a code (associated with a number of points) from Mountain Dew/Doritos products. The points are what's used for the auctions.

You can get a code (not associated with points) via other means (Dewsletter, etc), and these are used for the random drawing sweepstakes that occur. These appear to be much less valuable, as you can't use them for the majority of the giveaways.

Shady859

OH WOW could it be??????

I won a 360 on the very first day of the every 10 minutes promotion when the 360 released. Got my system Need For Speed and Kameo the saturday before release day.

Top Bottom