• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have dreams of home ownership in the Mist is that so much to ask?

What happened to the good paying jobs?

Make Eorzea Great Again!

Squishy3

I was actually done with the 3.0 story long before I realized that Ishgard actually has an inn room.

Which is a shame, because it's my favorite.
I wish Idyllshire had an inn room, especially since The Hard Place or whatever technically fills that role for Idyllshire.

At least Stormblood should have two inns since we'll presumably have Ala Mhigo and Kugane.

Yeah
rdqc.jpg

Hi. Are there any catch up guides for someone that stopped a month or two before Haevensward released? I have a white mage at 50 and my clothes are lvl50 too. Help please!!

:(

Luigi87

Did Garuda and Titan Hard Mode today.

Titan the party wiped four times. At that point it became personal so the 6 of us who didn't leave made sure to finish it, lol

My comfort is that I was never the first healer to die. My counterpart kept getting knocked off by landslide, lol. One of my deaths though was me not looking where I was going and I ran into a corner of three intersecting eruptions... Woops. Fourth attempt I healed solo for the more than half the fight, and almost did it, except I panicked in that I couldn't see which bombs were about to blow (plus Titan covering my screen) and I got blasted.

Gonna attempt again tomorrow, hopefully no wipes, lol. I look forward to one day trying Titan Extreme.

FINALLY DONE WITH THE MSQ!

*whew*

So, that last dungeon I was missing from the roulette was not the one from the MSQ. That one was for the Expert Roulette, not the level 60 one. The dungeon I was missing was Hullbreaker Isle (Brutal), which is gotten from this lone dude in Limsa Lominsa. I'll do it later this week.

So here's what I want to do now! I would like to finally try out Palace of the Dead. I've never been in it, and I'd like to go there to level my Monk job to level 60. I want to roleplay as a monk for the MSQ of Stormblood.

I've heard that you need to be in a team to do the dungeon past certain floors. I'd very much like to go in the Palace for the first time with a bunch of Gaffers. Would some of you be interested in joining me in this adventure? I'm EST. I can usually play in the evenings from 19:00 to 23:00 in the weekdays, and any time of the day during week-ends.

I've heard that you need to be in a team to do the dungeon past certain floors. I'd very much like to go in the Palace for the first time with a bunch of Gaffers. Would some of you be interested in joining me in this adventure? I'm EST. I can usually play in the evenings from 19:00 to 23:00 in the weekdays, and any time of the day during week-ends.

Congrats.

For PotD, you can do floors 1-100 solo, with a matched party, or with a premade party. To enter 101-200, you must take a premade party from either floor 1 or floor 51 all the way through without a party wipe. You'll have some grinding to do before you set foot in those floors, though, as they are quite nasty. You'll probably want your aetherpool gear stat as high as you can get it, if not maxed, which you'll get from the silver chests you'll find throughout. The ones that don't explode in your face, anyway.

If you want to do so after, there is an achievement and title for clearing it solo.

Omni

Jumped into 12s on DRK today. Cleared on AST like four months ago buuut first time I've ever been in there on tank. Got to... 14% on my second pull! So that's cool. That was second puddles so pretty much the entire fight. My DPS was kinda awful (like 1300 on that pull) but still trying to learn it

Really fun fight to main tank. Doesn't seem like you need grit outside of establishing hate

Edzi

Just finished 2.0 with the help of some friendly FC peeps. Watching the credits now.

Now I've got a quick question since the only 8 man/full party dungeons I've done so far have been with severely overpowered parties: How are those actually supposed to work?

Lanrutcon

Just finished 2.0 with the help of some friendly FC peeps. Watching the credits now.

Now I've got a quick question since the only 8 man/full party dungeons I've done so far have been with severely overpowered parties: How are those actually supposed to work?

There's screaming, running and an overall sense of impending dread and panic. Not in that order, obviously. Basically just do your best and when the dust settles: blame the Dragoon.

Or go hit up the wiki/Youtube for a quick breakdown of what to do so you're prepared. Going in blind to the Extremes/Savages of the world is just going to cause frustration unless you're with understanding friends.

Hi. Are there any catch up guides for someone that stopped a month or two before Haevensward released? I have a white mage at 50 and my clothes are lvl50 too. Help please!!

:(

There was a reddit post a few days ago actually about preparing for Stormblood, which I guess is about the same thing really:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qge69tpx6vHFhlKMMvpNG0kw7Szf-Ov1PR5nmX0XJG4/preview

I didn't go through it all I just bookmarked it for later but it looked like it had all the stuff you'd need to know what to do. I'm also planning on compiling the patch notes info stuff from the patches I missed so I know exactly where to go to unlock everything but I haven't started yet.

Anyway if you quit BEFORE heavensward, the most obvious thing to do is the story. Just do your main story quest, until you're out of them. This is the first thing you want to do in general since it unlocks parts of the game, and also lets you be safe from potential spoilers you might hear in random chats ingame(and there's quite a bunch).

The way the xpack works is really frustrating. IM level 53 and ive just looked and seen Ive got loads of bits locked off until I rattle through this post ARR quest :/

Im currently dealing with refugees revolting and I had to stop as I spent a whole day grinding these annoying fetch quests and picking up boxes and finding stupid children. Atleast the flavour texts acknowledged how absurd it all was for me to be doing that.

Silav101

I hate gathering job quests that make you go get high quality items.

Ugh, hated those ones. If you have gil, and hate wasting time, just straight up buy them from the market board. The game doesn't care if you gathered them yourself, only that you have them.

You can even buy them in advance of the quest, since they don't change.

The way the xpack works is really frustrating. IM level 53 and ive just looked and seen Ive got loads of bits locked off until I rattle through this post ARR quest :/

Im currently dealing with refugees revolting and I had to stop as I spent a whole day grinding these annoying fetch quests and picking up boxes and finding stupid children. Atleast the flavour texts acknowledged how absurd it all was for me to be doing that.

Unfortunately I think you're like 30-40 quests away from where the story gets interesting.

I wouldn't mind if PLD became the 15% attack speed up tank in Stormblood.

Like there are some dps like Ninja and Monk where having increased attack speed is a core part of their playstyle.

With Paladin's faster autos and one handed sword style I think it would make a good fit.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My fisher is almost 60 from buying fish cheap off the MB and doing GC turn ins. Is there anything useful I can do with fisher at 60? I have never fished before.

When I play PLD I feel like I'm barely contributing anything damage wise.

It feels like PLD attacks don't hit as hard. They do have faster auto attacks than Dark Knight and Warrior though.

If they want to keep that image of them doing less per hit but more of them I think they should up that attack speed.

My fisher is almost 60 from buying fish cheap off the MB and doing GC turn ins. Is there anything useful I can do with fisher at 60? I have never fished before.

You can get more fish to put in an aquarium.

The true true endgame.

I dont think so, just loads of ones to dungeons.

Oh wait yeah I have one about doing a fate with zombies, about as far as Ive got with it.

That's the start of Hildibrand's quests. Honestly, it's some of Square's best writing in years, and it's a nice break from the soul crushing monotony that the 2.x stuff can get to be.

sqwarlock

Jesus, Heavensward leveling feels so slow. Maybe it's because I'm skipping about half the side-quests, but I played all weekend and went from 53 1/3 to 55. Enjoying the story and unlocking flying and all that, but ugh. SO SLOW.

rubius01

Jesus, Heavensward leveling feels so slow. Maybe it's because I'm skipping about half the side-quests, but I played all weekend and went from 53 1/3 to 55. Enjoying the story and unlocking flying and all that, but ugh. SO SLOW.

First time through HW is slower, but you'll be fine exp wise if you do all the sidequests. There is also POTD if you want to do some quick leveling

Lanrutcon

The XP curve is completely different for HW. Last 2 level are painful.

I imagine in SB the curve will be different, and the HW curve will be brought in line with the base game.

I remember Yoship saying that Stormblood will have more main quests than sidequests this time around. He also gave a comparison but I can't remember which interview/fanfest/whatever it was from.

That would be nice.

Here it is.

F: By the way, what will the flow to level 70 be?

Y: For your first job, you should be level 70 by the end of the main quest scenario for Stormblood.

F: In Heavensward, there were a lot of instances where I had to sidetrack from the main quests to gain experience points because I was lacking levels. How will it be this time?

Y: This time, the ratio of sub quests will be lowered and main quests raised. We want to balance it so that you do the main quests, a little bit of side quests and the dungeons that will be available during the quests.

F: So you’re changing the numbers?

Y: The overall number won’t change. For example, if the overall number of quests were to be 500, previously there were 300 main quests and 200 sub quests. Just an example, but this time it would be 350 and 150. The idea behind it is that you gain levels by going through the story. It might have happened because it was the first expansion, but in Heavensward, the first dungeon gave too little experience points, so we had to make adjustments later. This time we have that as a reference, so this time you won’t need to stop with the main quests.

I remember Yoship saying that Stormblood will have more main quests than sidequests this time around. He also gave a comparison but I can't remember which interview/fanfest/whatever it was from.

This is what you're thinking of:

Side quests ratio might be lesser this time but the exp MSQ offers will be increased to be proportional. Though one thing to note: It's NOT about the amount of it will be lesser, it's more like the ratio between MSQ and SQ will be adjusted. For example. If 2.x has 200 MSQ and 150 SQ, then 4.x will be something like 250 MSQ but 100 SQ.

Edit: Oh, you found it already.

Edzi

So how common are 8 man dungeons after 2.0? I'm having trouble finding any guides regarding them, so I'm assuming it's not really a thing.

Also, what exactly are raids and when do I get to participate in one?

Vitanimus

So how common are 8 man dungeons after 2.0? I'm having trouble finding any guides regarding them, so I'm assuming it's not really a thing.

I think I've tackled a fairly sizeable chunk of HW so far and I've only encountered a couple of 8 man instances.

Not too sure about raids because I haven't touched them yet!

Lanrutcon

Raids: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/duty/?category2=5

Raids are dungeons meant for either 3 full parties (24 players) or 1 full party (8 players). You can unlock them via quests, and queue for them using the Duty Finder. They have their own tabs (one for vanilla raids, and one for HW raids). Some of meant for groups of random people, some are meant for organised groups due to difficulty. Think of raids as more complex dungeons. They're often grand with some terrifying boss fights.

It's worth doing them for the story, as well as the unique rewards they offer.

Congrats.

For PotD, you can do floors 1-100 solo, with a matched party, or with a premade party. To enter 101-200, you must take a premade party from either floor 1 or floor 51 all the way through without a party wipe. You'll have some grinding to do before you set foot in those floors, though, as they are quite nasty. You'll probably want your aetherpool gear stat as high as you can get it, if not maxed, which you'll get from the silver chests you'll find throughout. The ones that don't explode in your face, anyway.

If you want to do so after, there is an achievement and title for clearing it solo.

Cool, thanks!

So does anyone want to do some Palace of the Dead with me tonight? I would start from floor 1. I've never done it, so it'll be fun! I can play at 19:30 EST, so in one hour and a half.

Thorgal

after 2.0 story all trials ( Hard or extreme) will be 8 man content .

edit : oopd i see you meant dungeons . no only these 2 dungeons are 8 man . everything else is 4 man .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom