• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament co-developed with Harada and Namco Bandai Announced for arcades

Effect

Namco always releases their fighting games to arcades first, consoles later. It's very likely this will come to the Wii U later on.

If this gets released in Japan Arcades at the beginning of 2015 or in the first half of the year I hope we see the Wii U release during holiday 2015 or near that when Pokemon games release. With it showing up during E3 2015. More likely it will be 2016. I hope at the latest.

Of course it's coming to Wii U eventually, but since it has to hit arcades first the wait might be longer than expected.

Also am I the only person who thinks the Lucario/Blaziken footage looked further along than that trailer?
The impression I got from the video was that the footage was supposed to be the first footage that Namco sent to the Pokemon Company, but I could be wrong.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jesus Christ people, it's like you don't follow fighting game releases.

Oh, wait. You probably don't follow fighting game releases.

Molemitts

Did anyone think this announcement wasn't going to be Pokken? Possibly that Pikachu Detective thing but I wouldn't call that 'shocking'.

No way this could have been open world Pokemon, or an MMO. That makes way too much sense for Nintendo.

Salex_

Surpised by the amount of people who don't know about the business model every Japanese fighting game follows...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
WOWSERS! This is actually really exciting

Street Fighter IV was also arcade only from july 2008 to feb 2009 btw, etc etc etc.

Axass

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Forkball

Surpised by the amount of people who don't know about the business model every Japanese fighting game follows...

I think many people assumed there would be an exception considering it is a Nintendo property and they need titles for Wii U. Instead it gets to sit in arcades for who knows how long. The gap between Tekken 6 arcade and Tekken 6 home version was TWO years.

Sendou

Yeah, that's 2016.

Way too far away to build any sort of hype.

As if Wii U exists then. Here's the deal: Nintendo has money to make a quick port happen. They aren't focusing on that simply because there's that other small game with fighting Pokémons to sell. 2015 Q3 worldwide is what I'm thinking.

Silky

Banned
I think many people assumed there would be an exception considering it is a Nintendo property and they need titles for Wii U. Instead it gets to sit in arcades for who knows how long. The gap between Tekken 6 arcade and Tekken 6 home version was TWO years.

Harada doesn't fuck around with fighting games. Also Tag 2 was a year between arcade/home ver.

Nintendo fans and fighting game fans don't cross paths often.

You mean Pokemon fans? Because...Smash is a fighting game

emb

So what was going on in that stream? I got the impression it was people from Nintendo going to visit Bamco to see a pitch for a new Pokemon game. Or do I have it backwards? Not close at all?

Yeah, I would've thought this would come straight to Wii U, but I'm not overly surprised.

Yeah. I want to play Pokken in 2015, not 2016 or 2017.

JoeInky

Don't they use Arcade versions to properly playtest the game in the hands of actual good players though? That can only be a good thing.

To people saying "it will come to Wii-U in a year or two". Do you really think the Wii-U will be around in 2016?

Most stores here in the UK don't even stock it now. Nevermind a few years from now :/

Top Bottom