• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament co-developed with Harada and Namco Bandai Announced for arcades

Toxi

Banned
MACHAMP

HOLOGRAPHIC MACHAMP

FIRST EDITION HOLOGRAPHIC MACHAMP

I LOVE MACHAMP

Oh, damn, arcade release.

SerTapTap

Here it is.

Look. All fighting games go through an arcade release first before they come to consoles. This isn't new. Please don't overreact.

But this is GAF so...overreact away!

Pokemon has a history of weird shit that never hits console. Certainly wouldn't be surprised if it hit Wii U, but I can't really be interested until it's announced. They'd have to be crazy not to put it on Wii U though, all the work's done and they can't even release it in the west (in a sane manner) without a console release.

I wonder what it'll be called if they release it outside of Japan. Because I don't think you can call a game "Pokken" in the west. :lol

Remember when Hyrule Warriors was the working title? Might just be something like "Pokemon Fighting Tournament" though

FryHole

Wii U hasn't been mentioned once anywhere.

The text "Wii U" was definitely in that video for a few seconds amongst lots of Japanese text. I don't remotely know the significance of it, and people seem to have been too busy melting down to notice wiser than me knew it was just user comments, but it was 100% there.

MY MAIN BEFORE ANY OF YOU HAVE FUNNY IDEAS

nYdRMcR.png

Kriken

Here it is.

Look. All fighting games go through an arcade release first before they come to consoles. This isn't new. Please don't overreact.

But this is GAF so...overreact away!

My initial reaction was hype for 2015 followed by sadness and then realizing that this is standard and coming to acceptance of waiting just a bit longer. Still hurts though :/

zeromcd73

The text "Wii U" was definitely in that video for a few seconds amongst lots of Japanese text. I don't remotely know the significance of it, and people seem to have been too busy melting down to notice, but it was 100% there.

It was some random viewers comment since people watching on niconico can always comment while watching a video.

CSX

The text "Wii U" was definitely in that video for a few seconds amongst lots of Japanese text. I don't remotely know the significance of it, and people seem to have been too busy melting down to notice, but it was 100% there.
I'm going to guess its a niconico stream and what you saw was a viewer comment

emb

Or Nintendo's next console?
Doubt it, but possible. I see this hitting console in 2016 at latest. We'll probably hear about the next console sometime that year, but it probably won't be worth pushing Pokken back that long. That's all guessing though.

Zaku

O_O

Holy crap. How did this even? What is this, I don't...

Right. Glad I own a WiiU. It'll be interesting to see people showing up at whatever EVO winds up hosting this with Gamepads in hand.

So wonder if this will be fast tracked to consoles. I mean there won't be a Wii U to port it on to in 2017 unless Zelda goes into development hell. More importantly, it being out before Pokemon Gen 7 would be nice.

18-Volt

Aβydoς;127120331 said:
So 2016 for WiiU? Yeah it can wait. WiiU doesn't need this game at all anyway!

This is no Tekken, this is Pokémon and money printer franchise. Expect 4-5 months after arcade release. Maybe in 2016 it'll come out on next gen Nintendo console.

Axass

Thoughts:

- Frankly it looked kind of of bad, the gameshow gif looks better than that little trailer.

- Arcade only? No way, it's a matter of how much time it'll pass between the arcade release and the Wii U port.

- Not enough new info aside from the confirmation and that it's an arcade game. We're back to square one.

Mariolee

Guys, relax. It's almost definitely getting a Wii U release.

If so, I'm hyped. Graphics look good and having a real time Pokemon fighter with Tekken mechanics sounds incredible. Missed the video footage so hopefully the Pokemon Company puts it up soon.

Mortemis

Banned
To people saying "it will come to Wii-U in a year or two". Do you really think the Wii-U will be around in 2016?

Most stores here in the UK don't even stock it now. Nevermind a few years from now :/

Hmm? I remember hearing a poster say Pokemon spinoffs usually come out at most 6 months after announcements like this, so this'll probably be early 2015.

My guess is late 2015 like December or early 2016. I doubt Nintendo isn't going to want a big game like this to fill a whole in their schedule. The Wii u isn't just gonna die the moment it turns 2016...

...I think.

Top Bottom