• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations demo coming soon

Got this from Capcom.

Horror fans will soon be able to get a taste of Resident Evil Revelations with the upcoming release of a downloadable demo for Xbox LIVE, PSN, Nintendo eShop and Steam. Exact release dates to be confirmed shortly.

Acting on orders from the BSAA director, the demo will see players infiltrating the cruise ship ‘Queen Zenobia’ as Jill Valentine and attempt to rescue missing fellow BSAA members Chris Redfield and Jessica Sherawat whose last known location pinpointed them onboard.

Also available at 16.00 BST / 17.00 CET today will be the first in a weekly series of Developer Diaries featuring interviews with the team behind Resident Evil Revelations. Today’s video takes a look at the heritage and horror of Resident Evil.

Gamers will be able to experience the full game when Resident Evil Revelations releases on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U and PC in North America on May 21 and across Europe on May 24.

Bladenic

Sweet, got the game pre ordered on Newegg today. Loved the 3DS demo, but I do hope this is something different or longer perhaps.

Great. looking forward to it. I'm a little worried they're going to botch the HD port so this will be good to see if they did good or not.

Uh yeah, even on Wii U (I actually didn't expect a demo on the eShop).

Missed the 3DS release and now I can't find it anywhere nowadays. Gonna buy it on Wii U, probably.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wow, this is sweet. Will definitely help me choose between which version to get (leaning towards wii u right now)

Vortex566

I regret having finished it on the 3DS. However, I'm still going to get it for the WiiU, as it was the best RE since RE4.

Excellent - will be grabbing the Wii U demo. Hopefully it will show off some of the Wii U-specific features (Miiverse integration, off-TV play etc.) too.

Daingurse

Gah to double dip or not? I bought my 3DS partly for RE:Revelations, so I guess I enjoy the game enough to justify buying it on pc when the price drops. . .

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
First developer diary video is now up.

More importantly, Capcpom strikes again!

UviVOUX.jpg

Neiteio

Nice! I got RE5 and RE6 on PS3 (later on Steam), but for this one, I'm torn between WiiU (comfy controller, touchscreen support, Miiverse/Creature Voices, etc) and the Steam version (main advantage there: screenshots, and mods).

Effect

The $40 price tag for the Wii U version at Amazon and NewEgg is the only reason why I have this preordered (to lock in the price) and why I'm even considering getting the game. I already have the 3DS version that I still play form time to time. So that makes buying this new version hard to justify. Leaning more toward not getting the game in the end.

Daingurse

Nice! I got RE5 and RE6 on PS3 (later on Steam), but for this one, I'm torn between WiiU (comfy controller, touchscreen support, Miiverse/Creature Voices, etc) and the Steam version (main advantage there: screenshots, and mods).

Judging from you avatar you must already own the game on 3DS. I'd recommend grabbing the Steam Version, should look glorious. I'm definitely going to jump on it the moment the pc version hits $20-$30. Then I can finally show my brother the awesomeness of Raid mode.

Doran902

I've heard this game is more of a classic resident evil than the last couple, hopefully 50 bucks is worth the price of an hd portable port.

NotLiquid

Think this demo will be the deciding factor whether I should invest in this game or not. I didn't get Revelations but depending on how bigger this game is and how much it evokes the classic survival horror factor, I might get this.

Also need more games on my Wii U and I'm not sure whether Deus Ex is coming in May.

Neiteio

Judging from you avatar you must already on the game 3DS. I'd recommend grabbing the Steam Version, should look glorious. I'm definitely going to jump on it the moment the pc version hits $20-$30. Then I can finally show my brother the awesomeness of Raid mode.
Yes, I played the 3DS version twice, and absolutely loved it. (I love all of the mainline RE games since RE4, actually, although not always immediately.)

Being an up-port, I'm not concerned about how the game will look on any given system. Should be fine, in all cases. So it really comes down to other factors, such as the fact I usually don't hook my comp up to the TV. Do I want to play this on my gaming PC, or on a big-screen HDTV? Do I want to play with the PS3 controller (as I did with RE5 and RE6), or with the super-comfy WiiU controller?

If I were to go with one of the console versions, I'd lean to WiiU, because 1) controller is amazing, 2) retains the touchscreen capabilities from the 3DS version, 3) adds Miiverse and "Creature Voices," and 4) the system has been collecting dust, lol.

Into

Good i really want to see for myself how the game looks, runs, the loading times and how the controls feel

Enjoyed the 3DS version, hoping this HD one is a even better experience

Daingurse

Yes, I played the 3DS version twice, and absolutely loved it. (I love all of the mainline RE games since RE4, actually, although not always immediately.)

Being an up-port, I'm not concerned about how the game will look on any given system. Should be fine, in all cases. So it really comes down to other factors, such as the fact I usually don't hook my comp up to the TV. Do I want to play this on my gaming PC, or on a big-screen HDTV? Do I want to play with the PS3 controller (as I did with RE5 and RE6), or with the super-comfy WiiU controller?

If I were to go with one of the console versions, I'd lean to WiiU, because 1) controller is amazing, 2) retains the touchscreen capabilities from the 3DS version, 3) adds Miiverse and "Creature Voices," and 4) the system has been collecting dust, lol.

Ah gotcha man, I can respect that. I run an HDMI from my PC to my TV, so I play my PC with a gamepad like a console all the time. Doesn't matter what platform this game is on though at the end of the day, glad people without 3DS's will finally see what Revelations is all about. I did not expect Revelations to be better than 6, man was I wrong haha.

Neiteio

Ah gotcha man, I can respect that. I run an HDMI from my PC to my TV, so I play my PC with a gamepad like a console all the time. Doesn't matter what platform this game is on though at the end of the day, glad people without 3DS's will finally see what Revelations is all about. I did not expect Revelations to be better than 6, man was I wrong haha.
Yeah, RE6 is a very flawed but very fun game, provided one learns its mechanics, but Revelations is just a solid game, through and through. In fact, I'd say Revelations is my second favorite RE, after RE4. On some days, I even think I prefer it.

Daingurse

Yeah, RE6 is a very flawed but very fun game, provided one learns its mechanics, but Revelations is just a solid game, through and through. In fact, I'd say Revelations is my second favorite RE, after RE4. On some days, I even think I prefer it.

I enjoy the shooting mechanics in RE6 quite a bit, the gunplay is nice. The bullet sponge enemies just kill it for me though. RE5 is still way funner, even with those copypasta animations from RE4. Everything in RE6 feels like your fighting a walking brick.

Neiteio

I enjoy the shooting mechanics in RE6 quite a bit, the gunplay is nice. The bullet sponge enemies just kill it for me though. RE5 is still way funner, even with those copypasta animations from RE4. Everything in RE6 feels like your fighting a walking brick.
I thought this at first, but enemies in RE6 go down quite quick if you know where to shoot them. Zombies, for example, take just a single bullet to the head or arm, which stuns or spins them, respectively, setting them up for a melee move with a tap of the shoulder button. And if you sprint at enemies (holding X) and tap the melee button, you'll do a shoulder-check or running jump kick (Sherry <3) that has a high chance of exploding the enemy's head instantly. :O

Gonna try the steam demo, not really gonna buy it I think but I will give it a fair shot nonetheless. Was it any good before on the 3DS?

I thought the same thing initially, but once you gain a deeper understanding of the melee combat and enemy behaviors, they become much more manageable. For normal J'avo and Zombies, one or two pistol bullets to the face/arm/legs will stun them, followed by a slide, will put them into a heavy stun, allowing for a coup de grace. Guaranteed kill in Mercenaries, but it might leave them with a sliver of health on harder campaign difficulties. Lots of obnoxious mutations, such as the shield-arms and long-range grabby dudes, can be put into heavy stun with a single physical attack, meaning you don't even have to waste ammo on them. And other enemies, such as Bloodshots, have attacks you can counter to kill them instantly.

Daingurse

I thought this at first, but enemies in RE6 go down quite quick if you know where to shoot them. Zombies, for example, take just a single bullet to the head or arm, which stuns or spins them, respectively, setting them up for a melee move with a tap of the shoulder button. And if you sprint at enemies (holding X) and tap the melee button, you'll do a shoulder-check or running jump kick (Sherry <3) that has a high chance of exploding the enemy's head instantly. :O

I thought the same thing initially, but once you gain a deeper understanding of the melee combat and enemy behaviors, they become much more manageable. For normal J'avo and Zombies, one or two pistol bullets to the face/arm/legs will stun them, followed by a slide, will put them into a heavy stun, allowing for a coup de grace. Guaranteed kill in Mercenaries, but it might leave them with a sliver of health on harder campaign difficulties. Lots of obnoxious mutations, such as the shield-arms and long-range grabby dudes, can be put into heavy stun with a single physical attack, meaning you don't even have to waste ammo on them. And other enemies, such as Bloodshots, have attacks you can counter to kill them instantly.

You see, this game needed a damn tutorial! haha. I obviously was not using melee near enough. Oh well, already traded it in, I'll give it another shot if I can pick it up during a steam sale.

alf717

Reminder that New Egg has this up for preorder on all 3 consoles for $37.99 (save $12)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...odeId=1&Description=resident+evil+revelations

Thanks I almost forgot about this. I have it through Amazon but with tax and an ETA of May 28 - June 3 for delivery I think I'll go with Newegg. Plus no pre-order bonus for Wii U.

Edit:

Nice Newegg didn't charge me ASAP. Think I'll wait it out with both and see what is offered closer to release.

Neiteio

You see, this game needed a damn tutorial! haha. I obviously was not using melee near enough. Oh well, already traded it in, I'll give it another shot if I can pick it up during a steam sale.
As someone who wound up writing a massive "game tips" thread for GAF, I completely agree RE6 needs a tutorial! They kind of throw you to the dogs, and what's really weird is they even had a prologue where they could've taught people how to play the game, but didn't. Ah well...

prag16

Banned
This is a good move. Sight unseen there's no way I would've bought the game. If I like the demo there's a chance, especially if Deus Ex doesn't actually come out in May (no confirmed date yet? wtf??).

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I had the original on the 3DS, but couldn't really get into it.

Though, I'll be checking out the demo on the Wii U when it's out. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom