• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

Ties

Banned
ok, lets go way back in 2008 when it was first teased. I was praying since then for this to get localized. I also got a PS3 specifically for this game still hoping that it might get localized.

anyway, just one more week! hopefully we get copies early.
This game is the reason I bought a PS3 as well, even when everyone has given up hope in this being localized I never really did. I did import it though, just so I can give the battle system a spin; but it was really disappointing that I couldn't get the full experience because of the language barrier involved. So happy that it's coming here so soon.

Gravijah

They just change the battle theme music and three characters' appearances! And you get an XMB theme.

Too many games lately.

...i like costumes.

-cries-

and oh man, don't even bring up other games. graces f, xenoblade, me3, re:r, games i'm playing now, my backlog...

gaming is a time consuming hobby, eh? especially rpgs.

Misterhbk

Been waiting forever for this game! Can't believe its only a week away! I can't stand some of the costumes though so Namco you got one sucker who'll be paying a premium just to get some different costumes from the beginning of the game -_-

Bladenic

Sweet, first avatar haha.

Can't wait to wreck shit with Asbel, Malik, Cheria, and Hubert.

And I thought about changing my pre-order to Gamestop for the costumes, but the Newegg deal is just too good to pass on. Besides, I can use that money to get the other DLC costumes which hopefully go up in a very timely manner, not like FFXIII-2.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
EDIT: Will it be hard to go back to the allegedly worse battle system of Abyss 3D after playing this? Should I hold off on Graces until after I beat Abyss?
IMO, yeah. The systems are dramatically different, and honestly, I can't go back to FR-LMBS anymore after even playing Vesperia.

But I wasn't too fond of Abyss's FR-LMBS in the first place.

...i like costumes.

-cries-

and oh man, don't even bring up other games. graces f, xenoblade, me3, re:r, games i'm playing now, my backlog...

gaming is a time consuming hobby, eh? especially rpgs.
That's why I'm cutting down on how much I'm buying this quarter!

I don't even want to think of how crammed I'd feel if I didn't play Xenoblade last year. And your backlog is huge anyway and spans multiple consoles. :lol

Just watched the video. FUUUUUU. It was ELETH BURST! DAMMIT!!!!
Not too late to edit the image, you know.
You still have the .psd file, right?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
IMO, yeah. The systems are dramatically different, and honestly, I can't go back to FR-LMBS anymore after even playing Vesperia.

But I wasn't too fond of Abyss's FR-LMBS in the first place.

I don't even want to think of how crammed I'd feel if I didn't play Xenoblade last year. And your backlog is huge anyway and spans multiple consoles. :lol

Not too late to edit the image, you know.
You still have the .psd file, right?

Yeah. *sigh*.... Do I care about a bit of typo? Honestly I feel like I have to change up a lot of stuff because NB isn't smart enough to market this enough for us to get info.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah. *sigh*.... Do I care about a bit of typo? Honestly I feel like I have to change up a lot of stuff because NB isn't smart enough to market this enough for us to get info.
I know you do.

And to be fair, we looked high and low for English terms for the past three weeks and only found a handful.

Eusis

Yep, still shocked they're honoring the $39.99 price.
Honestly, I'm not that surprised. It's usually the ridiculous discounts like $50 for an HDTV that they kill. $40 for a new PS3/360 game is in line with some of their deals over the years, like Syndicate's $20 credit. It's just you save the money immediately rather than on a future purchase.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fix it? How so?

Make the banners less dithered. Basically I'll remove the white stuff and make the anti-aliasing smoother. :)

Gravijah

oh yeah, good job on the op guys~

...in a sense, my backlog spans every console. heheh.

Looking forward to the awesome, I will likely main Cheria since I love playing as the healer characters.

i have to play as the mc in games like this. i can't help it, i'm just weird like that.

kayos90

Make the banners less dithered. Basically I'll remove the white stuff and make the anti-aliasing smoother. :)

Sure but don't worry about it if you don't feel like doing it. I don't think many people even notice. Rofl.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
oh yeah, good job on the op guys~

...in a sense, my backlog spans every console. heheh.

i have to play as the mc in games like this. i can't help it, i'm just weird like that.
Every console? ;)

While Asbel is extremely fun to control and he's quick, don't hesitate to try the other characters like Hubert out (he's pretty awesome to control). I like controlling Cheria despite her having lower defense and being slower than everyone else.

But maining Asbel for the entire game isn't a bad idea at all. I really like using him.

KingK

Nice OT. Plenty of information, but not overly bloated.

I'm looking forward to the game. I'll probably get it in April, but likely won't start it until the beginning of May once I'm done with finals.

kayos90

Hubert is win. He has great melee, awesome ranged attacks, great magic spells, can heal mid combo, and has some of the best MA in the game. SOOOO WIN!!!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Great OT.

I've got the $40 pre-order on Amazon and a pre-order at Gamestop for the costumes. I'll be keeping the Amazon copy and then I'll be returning the GS copy for Yakuza, haha.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
sdajashdlahsjdh

Can't wait to finally play a non-FF RPG in my PS3.
Hah, and I'll take longer than the rest of you to complete the English version since I'm busy with stuff and only play consoles on weekends.

There's always those other RPGs. *stares at shelf* Last Rebellion, Trinity Universe, Neptunia, Star Ocean, Ar Tonelico Qoga (which I've yet to pop in), Eternal Sonata, Disgaea...

(I know, I know, lol.)
Trinity Souls of Zill O'll isn't bad. I'm not sure if Nier counts. Edit: And the Atelier games are pretty good too.

kayos90 said:
Hubert is win. He has great melee, awesome ranged attacks, great magic spells, can heal mid combo, and has some of the best MA in the game. SOOOO WIN!!!
I wonder if his English voice will be as good as the JP voice? Asbel's Japanese voice is pretty awesome.

matmanx1

Nice looking OT! I've become more of a fan of Inomata's work and her softer palette and your OT does it justice. I'm very much looking forward to Graces f and can't believe it's only a week away!

Aeana

I really hope you guys like this game. I truly, truly adore it.

I'm going to link the reasons why just one more time for people who are on the fence to read. The gameplay systems all work together so brilliantly.

Ken

Chances of this being hard to find after release?

I don't have my PS3 with me at the moment so I'm not sure if I should get it now or risk getting it later.

Aeana

I really can't believe they have shown so little of the game in video form.
I'd rather have any JYB surprises spoiled.

Coxy

unpreordering due to your blasphemy against Grandia, king of RPG combat :<

seriously though, quite looking forward to this, hope I can use Malik or Richard as my main for most of the game without it pulling too many shenanigans, probably gonna use Pascal and Cheria too and then pick my 4th just to round out the party

ULTROS!

Is there going to be an English Asian version?

Aww yeah, only a week away. SO EXCITED!!

6gC9l.gif

If only my spring break had been next week instead, then I could play it on my time off :(

Persona7

Banned

What?

This game came out in Japan in 2010.

The wii versions before that came out in 2009.

Unless you mean video of the Localized dialogue?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But J--...

Oh right. We've had this conversation before. Twice.

unpreordering due to your blasphemy against Grandia, king of RPG combat :<
I love Grandia's battle system. It's one of my favourite battle engines.

But with that said, Graces' battle system and ability acquisition system are fantastic and very fun in their own right.

ULTROS!

yup, Datablitz might get these early rather than US copies, Im somehow hoping it will have dual audio but its not a big problem for me if it doesn't, t least its cheaper.

Oh wow I hope that's true. It should cost less than the US English version (and probably no forced X button).
I wasn't expecting an Asian English version of this game.

Top Bottom