• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

mTic.jpg

The Rise of the Tomb Raider header image is courtesy of the talented OtisInf.​

oTic.jpg

• Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails.
  • Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of your collection.
  • Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
  • Compression: If it's visible you will be called out. Follow the JPEG guide below.
  • Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
  • Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots. Do not take 2.35 screens unless you know what you are doing.
  • Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
  • Thinking: Think before you post. Is the screenshot really worth posting? Does anyone care about some ugly texture you found? No.
  • Feelings: Did someone hurt your feelings? PM a mod. Take your drama elsewhere.

pTic.jpg

• Custom Resolutions: If you have an Nvidia or an AMD card, create a couple custom resolutions over 1080p.
  • Steam: You can tell Steam to also save lossless screens when hitting the button and choose and output folder.
  • FastStone: It's free and quite easy. You can resize a whole folder with different options and convert to .png/.jpeg.
  • Irfanview/Photoshop: Use one of these to convert to .png from .bmp, crop out black bars or resize pictures.
  • Zoner PS: Another Photoshop alternative, recommended by Angelus Errare.
  • Alo81's JPEG Guide: Everything you need to know about saving as a JPEG.

rTic.jpg

• Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
  • Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
  • Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.

sTic.jpg

Several users were gracious enough to send me their favorite screens from the 2016 thread. Click the image for the full resolution screenshot.​

Hitman // One3rd

Battlefield 1 // Pharaohglyph

The Witcher 3 // Kanuuna

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare // Stallion Free

Kayhan

Make us proud and post screenshots worthy of the greatest of all threads on GAF.

Maybe I will even post in here some time this year - my old friends.

:)

Durante

I still think DE:MD is an underrated game, visually. Even (or maybe particularly) the parts that aren't very flashy or fancy just work -- the materials and architecture fit the overall setting really well.

dxmd_2016_08_27_21_15tosja.jpg

kanuuna

I still think DE:MD is an underrated game, visually. Even (or maybe particularly) the parts that aren't very flashy or fancy just work -- the materials and architecture fit the overall setting really well.

I always found the character designs, especially the clothing and prosthetic designs really intriguing. The Prague police are probably the coolest thing in that game - those helmets (and how they fold) they wear are dope.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
31985070556_27d6f8c375_o.jpg
31985070596_d88ae36305_o.jpg

These need a bit of AA but I love the colors.

It's a shame the game's PhysX effects were toned down before release. Compared to Nvidia's demo, the final game has far fewer fluid effects and there's no terrain deformation at all aside from the "chessboards" you can stomp to pieces during the Giant Alice sequence.

Vipu

Banned
I like these new threads because people actually post some amazing pics instead some typical whatever pics middle of gameplay in 1080p.

Lime

Looking forward to contributing once more. I love this annual thread and the IQ experts and talented Cheat hackers here are amazing. Huge appreciation from me to everyone in here.

Top Bottom