• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coolest Toy You Got In a Cereal Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1985 Kellogg cereal transforming robot toy.

vintage-1985-kelloggs-cereal-space_1_9aef1c15767460c322fccb70a8d62cbc.jpg

Followed closely by the Garfield padlocks.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Coolest thing inside a box was Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey on DVD.

Savitar

1992-Star-Trek-Next-Generation-Set-of-_1.jpg

You could get the Enterprise, Klingon Bird of Prey, Ferangi Marauder and a Romulan Warbird.

I only ever got one Klingon Bird of Prey and three stupid Ferangi ones, at that point my folks refused to buy any more since I didn't even like Shreddies.

Couldn't find a picture for it but in Captain Crunch you once were able to get a smoggie (one of the bad guys in ye old days trying to be a pain in the Captains ass), these things were cool, you cool stretch them, they felt gooey and they stuck to walls.

NeoRausch

Thanks for that!

As a Yuropean we didn't have any toys in our cereal. So I need the visual references to know what you guys are talking about.
What? I'm from Germany and I always had some toys or gadgets in my cereals.

Not anymore though.

Ensoul

I cannot find a picture of it but it was some variance of a magic 8 ball. Instead of the liquid magic 8 ball it was little pieces of paper that you shook for the answers. I think it was in the super gold crisp box but that was a long long time ago.

pitchfork

Bike reflectors. Pretty sure they were Frosties branded that I had.

original

Damn! this takes me back

These and 'spokie-dokies' were the source of many a motherly telling off back in the 80's - Fucking things were always packed in the bottom of the cereal bag, and used to rip the hell outta the box trying to get em out!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
If mail away counts then my brother and I got two of these as kids (the dog and bird, forget their names). Each cost a dollar if I remember correctly.
1997-Lot-of-6-General-Mills-Breakfast-Pals.jpg

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Does this count? It was technically on the outside, strapped to the cereal box.

One of the best bowls ever.
Damn, I'd buy cereal to get that.

RC

Banned
1992-Star-Trek-Next-Generation-Set-of-_1.jpg

You could get the Enterprise, Klingon Bird of Prey, Ferangi Marauder and a Romulan Warbird.

I only ever got one Klingon Bird of Prey and three stupid Ferangi ones, at that point my folks refused to buy any more since I didn't even like Shreddies.

It was the same for me.
I remember a substitute teacher bringing in the Enterprise once. He wouldn't accept a trade.

I believe I got a Disney's Atlantis PC game out of a cereal box but I can't remember which cereal. Never could get the game to run properly since the family computer at the time was garbage.

Weetrick

gv6XrES.jpg

Got this awesome Pete and Pete cassette by mailing in UPCs. Played the hell out of it as a kid. Great tunes. #Hipster

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
These things:

tumblr_lepo5v9lvZ1qzaibio1_500.jpg

Turn 'em inside out and they jump back off the table / your thumb / whatever.

I think the thing that makes them stick out in my mind is that they actually did something, it wasn't just a shitty figurine. I actually had fun with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom