• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Fat4all

Banned
Colin is my 4th favorite Canadian

XYEUgsO.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ok BoTW. I don't really like episodes where the bulk of the humor comes from insulting the actors physical appearance. Call the actor Shrek once or twice then focus on the script/editing/production/behind the scenes stuff. I enjoy mean humor but just calling a fat kid fat is low hanging fruit.

On one hand yes I agree. On the other, the lead actor does look like what you'd get as a disappointed kid in the 80s when you opened a Robert Z'Dar ice cream pop.

Geeky

Man, Vitaliy Versace is a real piece of work.

I was surprised to see how many "films" he directed on imdb (12) and one of them was called "Silent Screams" (the same title as Mike's pitch with the Thomas Edison silent film in the Blair Witch HitB)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2762772/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_16

I feel bad about that actress for that monologue. Such horrible dialogue(her delivery is bad too) but that shit is out there forever now. But I wanna see the RLM crew redo it with each one of them doing their take on it.

I caught up on the last PreRec stream and surprised to see Jack was part of a team that one a match of PUBG. He still doesn't seem to understand the need to be more cautious at the end game though. It is frustrating to see him get up and run or not be completely behind cover or go prone.

aravuus

It's a Hack Fraud Life

This popped up on my YouTube recommendation list today. Annie meets RLM... it works!

Lots of stuff there I don't really remember seeing. Time to switch from having BOTW as 24/7 background entertainment back to HiTB being that.

Also I kinda like the song lol. Just realized I've only heard the parody version of it in that Austin Powers movie.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Blind Fury came out on Blu-ray recently in a sweet $7 Blu-ray triple-feature. I was day one on that shit.
One of the other movies is Chuck Norris vs. an undead serial killer supersoldier.

Cheerilee

I consider Pre-Rec streams a microcosm of all game streams.

They started with Audio just talking and playing game.

-Add face cam
-Take first donations to get new computers
-Set up constant donations for subcribing
-Spend 75% of stream time calling out donations and subscribers

Unwatchable for me now

TeamFourStar game streams have done this as well, all in that order. They even have a window in the top that face cams a guy who does nothing but read the donations.

It's just the stream cycle.

Jack sort of addressed two of these issues in the podcast linked above.

- In the beginning, they had no idea how streaming tech worked, they just stumbled their way into it and learned and got better (and most people people enjoyed watching them stumble and learn). They added face cam when their tech skills allowed for it, because they're not selling "Jack and Rich play games", they're selling "Jack and Rich play games".

- When they started doing Pre Rec, they weren't exactly doing it professionally. Jack had a regular day job, and Pre Rec was his once-a-week "poker night with friends" that he worked on for free. Eventually the donations and subscribers made it possible for Jack to quit his day job and work on Pre Rec full-time. Pre Rec doesn't have access to RLM's patreon (although since Pre Rec has become successful, Pre Rec and RLM have gone in together to group-buy some of the more expensive equipment they can share), so they have to take money where they can get it, which means callouts to the donations and subscribers who keep the show running (running for real, and not in a "subsidized by Jack's other job" kind of way).

- In the beginning, they had no idea how streaming tech worked, they just stumbled their way into it and learned and got better (and most people people enjoyed watching them stumble and learn). They added face cam when their tech skills allowed for it, because they're not selling "Jack and Rich play games", they're selling "Jack and Rich play games".

- When they started doing Pre Rec, they weren't exactly doing it professionally. Jack had a regular day job, and Pre Rec was his once-a-week "poker night with friends" that he worked on for free. Eventually the donations and subscribers made it possible for Jack to quit his day job and work on Pre Rec full-time. Pre Rec doesn't have access to RLM's patreon (although since Pre Rec has become successful, Pre Rec and RLM have gone in together to group-buy some of the more expensive equipment they can share), so they have to take money where they can get it, which means callouts to the donations and subscribers who keep the show running (running for real, and not in a "subsidized by Jack's other job" kind of way).

Wow I'm surprised that they make that much from Pre-Rec. How much money streamers make seems like a big mystery.

You don't need to defend them. I didn't say they are bad people, I said it;s why I stopped watching them stream.

Euphony

Banned
Do we know if the Re:View was filmed the last time Len came over (for the DB Cooper BOTW) or is there a chance we might be getting more Len soon?

I looked through their Patreon updates and I couldn't find anything that said that they shot a re:View with him. Considering the BotW with Len was released way back in May and they've done several episodes with the Canadians since then, it's possible that this new re:View isn't old footage.

the best part of guests coming is that we're guaranteed a Best of the Worst/Wheel of the Worst.

I'm hoping that they've done plenty of BotW and do a wheel this time around.

pbayne

Maybe Lens best appearance. Seemed a lot more at ease and having the craic with just rich. Plus the movie actually looked decent.

Wasn't len recently on botw? Perhaps this episode was filmed during that visit but was put up later.
Yeah he was in one not too long ago but since then they've uploaded more episodes so I hope this is new.

Between him and the Canadians he seems the one who is more readily available to come over to do episodes.

Top Bottom