• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to offer 3$ per 1000 views if you promote XBO

First of all, a huge rumor in the title because I have no concrete evidence.

It seems, from different youtubers, that microsoft have been sending emails to big channels, and offer up to 3$ per 1k views if you promote the Xbox One.

Can anyone here confirm if they had their favorite youtubers mention this ? Any youtuber here getting the mail ?

French youtuber discussing it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c30M4ZICPQM&feature=youtu.be&t=14m10s

Edit :

True :

proxy.png

Edit 2 :

6oI0g.png

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If this is true, this is gonna backfire so bad. It's gonna get exploited, and then shutdown. Backhanded compliments ahoy! The spirit of it is a cool idea though.

Gorillaz

Well youtube vids pushed for 360 over ps3 alot back in 2006/7.

Not surprised and can't knock the hustle.

edit: a nice amount of if was console war shit too now that I think of it

Whompa

well now you at least know the difference between lets players who are complete sellouts and the lets players who just enjoy games for what they are.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Theyre going to send millions to people that get millions of views?

Math, how does it work?

It will be thousands to people who hit millions of views.

On the topic, well there goes some of the honest feedback youtube channels will give. Ah well.

soultron

Banned
ContentID joke goes here.

Let's see how this develops. Not sure if I believe this. If they canvassed YT for willing participants, they'd have to have accounted for someone talking about this with the general public.

Also, wonder if the YTer posting this is making it up to monetize what will be a pretty controversial video in the first place.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You know what is smart marketing spreading this rumour, that way even if it turns out false MS would have likely got some dumb schmuck to advertise for them.

Gorillaz

^yea machinima benefited thee most from supporting ms/halo back in the day. That was all the content they had on there channel from earily 07 to 2009

First of all, a huge rumor in the title because I have no concrete evidence.

It seems, from different youtubers, that microsoft have been sending emails to big channels, and offer up to 3$ per 1k views if you promote the Xbox One.

Can anyone here confirm if they had their favorite youtubers mention this ? Any youtuber here getting the mail ?

French youtuber discussing it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c30M4ZICPQM&feature=youtu.be&t=14m10s
Does xbone sign out count?

Considering everyone is struggling to upload their content without being banned under google's copyright system, it's a brilliant and cost-effect idea because we know MS is going to give out very little.

RELIGHT

Banned
Smart if you think deception and misleading people is smart.

I know I won't be doing business with you anytime in the future Mr. RELIGHT.

What do you think marketing is? It's manipulation of the human psyche. Nothing about it is truly forthright.

Top Bottom