• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Great British Bake Off [BBC1]

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I don't see myself doing the 3D biscuit challenge this week. Will probably go with one of the other two.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Are you making your own fondant?
'No'
*Mary Berry death stare*

Senator Soufflé;125240915 said:
Death Stare II.

I was in hysterics at this. Putting store bought in front of the grand Mary Berry? He may as well have slapped her in the face.

I am surprised Enwezor went though, I was expecting Jordan to be axed but I'm quite happy as he makes me laugh.
Definitely glad Iain stayed as I'm developing quite the crush. The same for Chetna too.

Norman is a cracker but I can't see him going too far, or Diana for that matter. Not sure why Diana got so much praise for her train when it looked like a mess and didn't have any decoration what so ever. But as I see it neither of these two will be able to keep up with the ingenuity of the younger bakers

Super early bet of final three; Martha, Luis and Nancy (or Richard, can't decide)

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Just caught up on last week's episode. I was not fond of the 3d biscuit challenge because I thought it priotised things that are mostly irrelevant to baking and I find it perverse that you would make something so intricate only to then eat it.

Jordan is still annoying, Richard has yet to slip up and Chetna was fabulous again, though her 3d design I thought was quite poor despite being an impressive structure.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Did anyone watch the extra bake show thing last week? Is it worth watching?

Matt_

The one with the 3 professional chefs? I thought it was very informative at the very least. Loved it

Oh is it professional chefs? I thought it was celebrities. Maybe theyre celebrity chefs :L
I just know Jo Brand is involved. I didn't watch last week but I'll probably stick tomorrows on iplayer saturday morn when Im hungover

BluWacky

Just caught up on last week's episode. I was not fond of the 3d biscuit challenge because I thought it priotised things that are mostly irrelevant to baking and I find it perverse that you would make something so intricate only to then eat it.

They did something similar in series 3 with the gingerbread structure challenge (where James managed to win star baker with his disastrous barn by pretending it was deliberately dilapidated and throwing spun sugar spider webs all over it!). Presentation is of course highly important but I think there's a difference between making showpieces for display and just, well, stuff to eat!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
They did something similar in series 3 with the gingerbread structure challenge (where James managed to win star baker with his disastrous barn by pretending it was deliberately dilapidated and throwing spun sugar spider webs all over it!). Presentation is of course highly important but I think there's a difference between making showpieces for display and just, well, stuff to eat!

Pretty much. I like that it prioritises presentation but it is completely different to any other form of food presentation. It is little surprise that a builder won the challenge.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well structure baking in a thing - I mean just look gingerbread houses. But yeah, it's mostly something nice to look at since eating them isn't that fun.

But Enwezor was the outright weakest in that challenge. 1. his biscuits were one of the only ones that were properly criticised (on the flip side Jordan's were praised which saved him despite his disastrous building) 2. his structure was a cop out and 3. he brought it pre made icing which is a massive fondon't.

Skele7on

Banned
I've learnt a lot about how to NOT bake in this show.

Like the throw downs of "it's dry" couldn't stop myself from laughing.

I think the girl that went out first week was the worst.

Seriously, them chocolate cakes... WHAT WAS YOU THINKING.

They previously had a show called "light lunch" that was shown on Channel for in the 90's.

It's the same old story
Start on channel 4
picked up by BBC
Go to ITV.

Gibbo

urgh- tried a swiss roll again for the 2nd time. Once again it turned out dry as shit. Anyone has any good fool proff recipies for the Swiss Roll?

Skele7on

Banned
If I start a petition to bring back Light Lunch, I presume I can count on all your signatures?

HAHA YES A FELLOW Light Lunch viewer.

"It's light lunch, I'm mel and I'm sue. It's light lunch"

I was a kid back then but damn I watched the heck out of it when I was off school!

A shame, really. I liked Jordan and his inventiveness, but he was clearly not up to the standards of some of the others there.

Norman is a total clogger, and should have been gone by now.

Watching Iain's resurrection with interest.

Empty

yessssss he's gone

luis is really impressive. him, kate, richard and martha seem like the favourites for me, i expect diana, ian and chetna to be picked off in the coming weeks. norman probably too consistent to go early and will hang around till near the end. not sure about nancy.

kharma45

Thank goodness Jordan is gone, couldn't stand him on my TV.

Anyway, probably Norman next. Doesn't have the flair for it.

Top Bottom