• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Great British Bake Off [BBC1]

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Norman has to go.
It's not that he's bad, or even that he's boring. More the fact the he's been told that he needs to spice it up a bit and add more flair to his bake but he's just completely ignored that criticism. If Paul had gone up to any other contestant and told them what they need to do next week they would all listen.

Chetna stumbled this week but hopefully she brings it bang next week. Luis has just been flawless

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guessing Chetna doesn't bake much bread which is why she struggled.

I think Diana is soon to go. She's been at the bottom a lot.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is using a bread machine cheating?

I think Chetna is floundering a bit. Hopefully she starts to blossom in the next couple of weeks, otherwise she'll be out.

I think Diana and Norman are too set in their ways to make it far.

number11

I can barely cook.. But this show has made me want to start making bread. Any websites/videos I should check out? Mainly looking for brown bread recipes

Even though he annoyed me at times, I felt a little sorry for Jordan. He clearly wasn't up to the challenge of Bake Off but I don't think he deserved all the hate I've seen directed towards him.

Norman needs to step it up or go. He reminds me of that woman in the last series whose idea of a Showstopper consisted of a few cherry tomatoes draped on top of a plain loaf.

I hope Iain stays for a while longer, both because I think he has potential to do much more than he's been able to show thus far, and because I'm developing an embarrassing crush on him.

Chetna had a bit of a bad showing but I do hope she manages to pull it back next week. Her food always looks delicious.

Uzzy

I'm surprised how quickly Chetna's fallen away. In the first episode she really impressed me, but in this latest one she was pretty bad. Hoping she comes back.

I should really do some baking too. I love cooking, but cake baking is one of those things I've not really done since school.

No offense to Jordan, but he to go. I had to close my eyes every time he was on screen. His teeth really creeped me out and made me feel whoozy.

Matt_

New episode tonight and theres been some rumblings in the paper
Tonight spoilers
Apparently one of Iain's dishes was such a disaster he just chucked it in the bin, leaving Mary gobsmacked and stormed out of the tent. Apparently the most shocking and exciting thing to happen in Bake Off history. They haven't said who was sent home though, people have recovered after disastrous dishes before.

Mastadon

Banned
Tonight spoilers
Apparently one of Iain's dishes was such a disaster he just chucked it in the bin, leaving Mary gobsmacked and stormed out of the tent. Apparently the most shocking and exciting thing to happen in Bake Off history. They haven't said who was sent home though, people have recovered after disastrous dishes before.

Oh god, this sounds amazing. Will watch for the inevitable
Mary Berry Death Stare™

Matt_

Oh god, this sounds amazing. Will watch for the inevitable
Mary Berry Death Stare™

She'll probably have to scuttle off to get another sherry.
I hope Iain doesn't go, he really is the eye candy of the show for me

V_Ben

Banned
Tonight spoilers

Fuck. Yes. Can't wait.

Tonight spoilers

omg

Someone told me
the disastrous dish in question is a baked Alaska and that it isn't exactly Iain's fault it turns out so wrong. Not sure whether they were hinting at someone else accidentally ruining it. Really hope he doesn't go, although sadly I think his days are numbered either way.

H1PSTER

Guys... What's the appeal of this show?

My girlfriend and her family love it but I can't quite grasp it.

Why do you watch it?

Top Bottom