• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Reveal Thread

Man, Ive re-watched that video like 4-5 times trying to get hyped or pumped for it but man, so far its really doing nothing for me. I wanna like it, but im completely indifferent to it.

I wondered in the past since ive been playing bungie games since Marathon if i was more of a Bungie fan, or Halo fan. Well this game settles it. Definitely more of a halo fan.

JesseZao

So did MS moneyhat the early Destiny reveal so it wouldn't be a first seen on ps4 situation? I don't see why Activision would care either way.

So did MS moneyhat the early Destiny reveal so it wouldn't be a first seen on ps4 situation? I don't see why Activision would care either way.

More likely that Sony asked Bungie relatively last minute to anchor the Meeting with some unseen stuff. Hence why the original reveal "felt like it had something pulled at the last minute."

Stark

Banned
More likely that Sony asked Bungie relatively last minute to anchor the Meeting with some unseen stuff. Hence why the original reveal "felt like it had something pulled at the last minute."

Except there's a partnership involved with exclusive content. It feels exactly like what Jeff said, something was pulled out.

Except there's a partnership involved with exclusive content. It feels exactly like what Jeff said, something was pulled out.

I take the exclusive content stuff with a grain of salt. Activision won't short change their money like that. At the least, it's timed exclusive. At the most it's timed exclusive for Sony and when it hits MS it's a paid DLC. Like the "exclusive cases" for LA Noire.

Stark

Banned
EDIT: Nvm I misread that. Yeah, exactly what MS did as you described lol. Timed exclusive then on other platforms later.

Rad-

I wasn't too impressed with this footage either. But the concept still sounds good so I hope their E3 showing will be more impressive.

Here's the video, lighting the lighting is god tier.

http://www.youtube.com/destinygame?x=us-en_showcase2_16_1

is that a battle rifle I hear?

That shot of reloading the sniper rifle looks very impressive. As you say some great lighting going on, also loving the music so far.

I do think the exclusive content on PS3/4 will be matched by exclusive content on all platforms. This seems the type of game where they could easily change a mission to make it exclusive to a platform. Also expect exclusive cosmetic items and weapons depending on the retailer.

good to see more footage. i guess e3 will hopefully be the main course. we got to see some shooting! that's going in the right direction!

GhaleonEB

Sounds like he's assuming Destiny is showing at the PS4 event tomorrow.

I don't think that's likely, myself.

Here's the video, lighting the lighting is god tier.

http://www.youtube.com/destinygame?x=us-en_showcase2_16_1

is that a battle rifle I hear?

This is one of those times where I'm very happy to have been totally freaking wrong. Lots of interesting stuff in the video. The lighting is superb, and the variety and scope of the environments tantalizing. It sound like co-op is a big emphasis, and that's music to my ears. (Speaking of which - nice stuff from Marty.)

And it's always good to hear from Jason Jones.

ekim

Bungie doesn't know what to do with its hands:
blazers_wallpaper.jpg

Spawnling

The good stuff from the new mailsack. Good update this week too!

1. Destiny is an action game set in an amazing and mysterious new universe. If you love first person shooters – if you enjoy Bungie action games – then you’re going to love Destiny.
2. Players are the center of our world. You create a character, and you grow and customize it over time.
3. Destiny is designed from the ground up to be better when you play it with your friends. You can have solitary cinematic experiences, but Destiny is built from the ground up to be cooperative.

What differences will there be between current gen and next-generation versions of the game?
We’ve been planning for multiple hardware platforms from the very beginning, and while we can’t get into the minute technical details of each console, we’re fully committed to delivering our full vision for Destiny on every console we ship on. Currently, that list is PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

-No plan to announce release date yet.

When will we be hearing more about Sir Paul McCartney's contributions to the music of Destiny?
Marty, Mike, and Jonty fielded questions on this front for the press last week. If you scour the internet, you should be able to get some additional details about the partnership. You can also hear the fruits of their blossoming friendship in the music Marty has already released.

We’re already listening to nearly an hour of orchestral music. We’re biased, but it doesn’t feel at all a stretch to say that this is Marty and Mike’s best work to date, by far. It’s wonderful in the most literal sense of the word. We hope you enjoyed the few minutes you’ve already heard.

Your page for preorders on the homepage tells of "...some exclusive incentives available now to reward the first players who reserve their copy of the game.". What kind of incentives are these, in-game or otherwise?
There are three pre-order incentives currently available at select, participating retailers. There’s a two-sided poster available at GameStop and EB Games Canada featuring artwork of the Traveler over Earth on one side, and the Fallen on the other. Select retailers outside of the US also have the Traveler art, but the B-side is occupied by the Cabal. We’re working to get the full list of non-US participants, but if you ring up your local shop, they should be able to confirm whether or not they’re on the list.

If you pre-order through Amazon.com, they’re currently offering a digital wallpaper featuring the Destiny logo and the inky, black starfield backdrop you’re probably well familiar with.

GhaleonEB

Yes they are. I honestly believe Bungie has some of the best Concept art in the business.

And what excites me about next gen is how the gap between their art and the games keeps closing. Next gen Destiny is going to be great. Especially since they're not aiming for launch.

Top Bottom