• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Impressions [Online Open To All]

Vire

Yep, I don't see that at all.

On their forums, it says Walmart employees don't qualify, but people here put Walmart as their employer, didn't they?

Yep, I put Wal-Mart and Retail Sales Associate in the registration form and I got my code. Make sure your form was filled out correctly.

Moaradin

Don't think it works anymore. Got a code the first time but or some damn reason it goes away if you reload the page. I tried making 3 accounts so far and none of them gave a code. Just wants me to keep taking the quiz again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I asked sooner, but im gonna ask again. Is the soundtrack more "epic hollywood stuff but not very memorable" like ME2, or is it more like ME1?

JambiBum

I started to get other codes for more people and then the banner changed. It's not talking about the demo anymore. I think they are out.

xion4360

I asked sooner, but im gonna ask again. Is the soundtrack more "epic hollywood stuff but not very memorable" like ME2, or is it more like ME1?

Does the demo present the full OST? I dont think so. Youl have to wait to get a answer to that... and youll also have to wait to hear it yourself, as its rather subjective.

MrDaravon

Yeah, I'm also in the boat where I've taken the quiz twice and I now have a different Mass Effect 3 banner, but not the one with a demo code. Ah well.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Steps to get super awesome Mass Effect codes:

1. Create a Hotmail Account

2. Log into http://expertzone.microsoft.com

3. Fill in whatever name/address you want then put in Wal-Mart as your store and Retail Sales Associate as your job title.

4. Use Walmart's store locator http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder.do
To find your store's number and phone number

5. Submit your registration

6. Verify account through the e-mail you should get

7. Take Mass Effect 3 quiz on ExpertZones site by going to > Training and Resources > 360 > Xbox Games. You should see the quiz there.

8. After you complete the quiz, go back to the homepage and scroll through the panels in the slideshow and find the Mass Effect one to redeem your code.

Cheers!

Before step 2 you have to select US as your region and create the account as a US account. The ME3 banner doesnt show up in any other region and you can't change it after creating your account.

Defunkled

I think the banner simply will not show up for some accounts. I've taken the quiz and refreshed the page multiple times and I've yet to get the right banner. Oh well.

Coxswain

Just to plug the demo sharing thread for a second, there are ~30 people on the list already, and (as far as I know) only one dummy account to go around. If anyone made a dummy and is already done downloading the game, consider throwing the account into the public pool.

rozay

Banned
Everything up to the end of Earth sounds like ME1 but the surkesh mission has 2 different tunes, not sure which is the real music for the stage.

Wrex has his maroon armor again!

Green Yoshi

So do I need to pass the quiz?

I have 100% and still no code. There is a Mass Effect 3 Banner but it says "learn more and take course". I submitted the score after completion and used the Internet Explorer. Weird. I chose Chicago, perhaps you should try it with a city that's not so famous.

I think the banner simply will not show up for some accounts. I've taken the quiz and refreshed the page multiple times and I've yet to get the right banner. Oh well.

I believe it has to do with step 2.

Step 1: take course
Step 2: verify employment
Step 3: claim code on homepage

Vire

Okay guys, since the ExpertZone seems to be acting weird for a lot of people, I'm going to try and host the demo file online and then you guys can download to a flash drive.

It's gonna take a little while since the file is large, so be patient with me.

Dave_6

Okay guys, since the ExpertZone seems to be acting weird for a lot of people, I'm going to try and host the demo file online and then you guys can download to a flash drive.

Thanks. I'm still at work and won't be home until a couple hours from now so I'll wait for this method.

mxgt

Banned

Much appreciated sir

Your a saint

You are an hero.

S1kkZ

one thing i noticed: the video compression for the cg cutscenes is much better. still a bit blurry and far from perfect, but much better than the compressed shit in me2.

RS4-

I think it was mentioned in other places that the demo shows up as corrupt if its downloaded via other means and not from the marketplace

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I believe it has to do with step 2.

Step 1: take course
Step 2: verify employment
Step 3: claim code on homepage
Not true. I used Wal-Mart as my employer which automatically verifies employment on your account and was only able to get the generic ME3 quiz banner. I had to make a second account (used all the same details) to get the "Get access to ME3 demo by taking the quiz" & the get code banner.

JambiBum

I think it was mentioned in other places that the demo shows up as corrupt if its downloaded via other means and not from the marketplace

Nah not usually. People put demos on flash drives and dvds all the time. It really just depends on the demo and how it was uploaded most of the time.

Vire

Hmm, I'm trying to find a USB explorer for MAC since the files are hidden.

Anyone who finds one will certainly expedite this process.

Damn.. Knew I should have done this earlier today when I saw the thread.
Took the test (already had an ExpertZone acct set up for the Halo Reach Beta) and there's no banner.

Sad facing hard.

B00TE

Damn.. Knew I should have done this earlier today when I saw the thread.
Took the test (already had an ExpertZone acct set up for the Halo Reach Beta) and there's no banner.

Sad facing hard.

Me too man. I'm really regret not checking out GAF after class. :[

JambiBum

Something I realized while playing as different classes. Certain abilities don't effect the cool down. Take charge as a vanguard for example. You can charge and then directly after use another power, like nova, and then the cool down starts.

Same thing with Infiltrator. You can use the cloak and then another power while in cloak.

S1kkZ

Something I realized while playing as different classes. Certain abilities don't effect the cool down. Take charge as a vanguard for example. You can charge and then directly after use another power, like nova, and then the cool down starts.

Same thing with Infiltrator. You can use the cloak and then another power while in cloak.

doesnt work with the adept.

Wiggum2007

I remember them talking about that, can't remember if it applies to certain combos or if it's a perk in the level-up chain for certain powers or what.

Top Bottom