• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that I really enjoy this thread. I don't really post that much in the other threads, but I tried going through the Mass Effect thread about its glitches a few minutes ago and... yeah I'm really glad this thread exists.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait what the hell, the Mazda CX3 crossover/SUV is also at that $25,000 pricepoint, goddamn it, it's so difficult to choose :X.
Hatchback or C/SUV hmmmmmmmmm.

Vamphuntr

I just want to say that I really enjoy this thread. I don't really post that much in the other threads, but I tried going through the Mass Effect thread about its glitches a few minutes ago and... yeah I'm really glad this thread exists.

People complaining about animation vs people complaining about Amazon and Canada Post. Pick your poison.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Nintendo fixes the left joycon and dock by the time it's easily available later this year. I am kind of glad it's not available for me to buy on impulse :)

I kind of feel the same. Hoping they figure out the hardware issues by the time I get one, but if I check this thread while they restock I'll probably buy one 😔

Wait what the hell, the Mazda CX3 crossover/SUV is also at that $25,000 pricepoint, goddamn it, it's so difficult to choose :X.
Hatchback or C/SUV hmmmmmmmmm.

First car, etta? Get ready for the money pit.

If you're nervous about car shopping, try a car broker.

etta

my hard graphic balls
First car, etta? Get ready for the money pit.

If you're nervous about car shopping, try a car broker.
No, it would be the first new car. I've been driving a family member's older car for some months now, but I'm ready to get a proper car
that doesnt screech when it gets too cold
now.
And my dad's pretty experienced with finances in that sense, I will just listen to his advice. I just gotta decide, the Cruze hatch interior is so damn nice, the exterior is gorgeous too. I prefer it to the Mazda3 hatch, but Japanese engine and performance >>> American hmmmmm.
Then again I'm not gonna keep it forever, I'll probably move to a new model in 5-7 years. So does it really matter if I get American, hmmmmmm.

Socreges

Banned
I hope Nintendo fixes the left joycon and dock by the time it's easily available later this year. I am kind of glad it's not available for me to buy on impulse :)
What are the issues?

The battery in the left joycon died on me today. Found it strange that the right one was fine. Is that the issue?

Lexxism

What are the issues?

The battery in the left joycon died on me today. Found it strange that the right one was fine. Is that the issue?
De-sync issue on the left joycon. It stop responding when your 5 feet+ away. Luckily, I never had that issue. Same with dock scratching the switch bezels.

nath999

Anyone tried to use their MEA preorder bonus code from BestBuy.ca? I tried to redeem mine and it says code was already used. I contacted support and they don't know anything about getting me a new code.

Anyone tried to use their MEA preorder bonus code from BestBuy.ca? I tried to redeem mine and it says code was already used. I contacted support and they don't know anything about getting me a new code.
wait until the day of these codes are often inactive till then

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Try again once you have the actual game installed? Might be an issue with that. I haven't used my code yet.

Yeah, going to be weeks if not a month or two before you can walk into a store and get one, it's incredibly popular, Nintendo has a legitimate hit on their hands, they have a massive obligation now to ensure they deliver with games, both 1st party and 3rd because if they don't, it will be another Wii U, which had strong sales In its first quarter, then flatlined and collapsed quickly.

Yeah, I thought so. I already have a copy of Breath of the Wild and planned to call around on Friday for a wild Switch. No luck so far.

Anyone have any advice in getting one while they're still sporadically getting shipped to random stores?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If anyone is planning to go watch Your Name., tickets are on sale with Cineplex right now. Anime movies tend to sell out pretty fast (I nearly got burned on The Anthem of the Heart), so it usually makes sense to pre-buy if you are planning on going!
Thanks for the reminder. The times are terrible though... either 5pm or 10:30. lol

Oh I see why, they're alternating between the two versions and perhaps rightly assume that more people will pay for an English dub at 8pm.

Iced

No, it would be the first new car. I've been driving a family member's older car for some months now, but I'm ready to get a proper car
now.
And my dad's pretty experienced with finances in that sense, I will just listen to his advice. I just gotta decide, the Cruze hatch interior is so damn nice, the exterior is gorgeous too. I prefer it to the Mazda3 hatch, but Japanese engine and performance >>> American hmmmmm.
Then again I'm not gonna keep it forever, I'll probably move to a new model in 5-7 years. So does it really matter if I get American, hmmmmmm.

If you're replacing in 5 years, depreciation rate (i.e. Future resale value) should be a consideration between the two models you are looking at, though if your dad is a financial expert he would've certainly told you that already.

Depreciation is often the biggest expense associated with cars. Compare that.

Hope this helps. Good luck! (And good call going hatchback no matter what, it is SO handy!)

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you're replacing in 5 years, depreciation rate (i.e. Future resale value) should be a consideration between the two models you are looking at, though if your dad is a financial expert he would've certainly told you that already.

Depreciation is often the biggest expense associated with cars. Compare that.

Hope this helps. Good luck! (And good call going hatchback no matter what, it is SO handy!)
No he's not working in the finance field or anything, he just has the years of experience I lack heh, I mean I wanted to lease initially but he advised me to finance instead, and resell when I want to change.
Is the depreciation that big though when you compare highly competing cars today? Like the Cruze hatch and Mazda3 hatch are some of the more popular hatch choices today. Say they both start at $25K today and are resold in 5 years while still working properly and having equal kilometer usage, would there be more than a thousand or two difference in price between the two brands? Or is the difference more significant, more easily approaching $5K or beyond?

Ordered it too. Back in stock went from March 19th to 21st and now it says it doesn't ship to Canada?
Wth...it did before.

Indeed now they won't ship to Canada, and while my order went trough they haven't shipped it yet.
Bought it because Orzly sent their tempered glass screens to Canada on Homing pigeons and the pigeons might have not make it across the ocean. and now my other order stuck in limbo.
We might never get tempered glass for Switch in Canada, never.

JDH

Indeed now they won't ship to Canada, and while my order went trough they haven't shipped it yet.
Bought it because Orzly sent their tempered glass screens to Canada on Homing pigeons and the pigeons might have not make it across the ocean. and now my other order stuck in limbo.
We might never get tempered glass for Switch in Canada, never.

LOL, Yup same boat here. I am, for now using the Hori plastic screen protector for my switch. Luckily enough my dock seems to be perfectly straight, but i am getting that smudge people get on the left bottom side.

Amazooooon!

TheExodu5

Banned
No he's not working in the finance field or anything, he just has the years of experience I lack heh, I mean I wanted to lease initially but he advised me to finance instead, and resell when I want to change.
Is the depreciation that big though when you compare highly competing cars today? Like the Cruze hatch and Mazda3 hatch are some of the more popular hatch choices today. Say they both start at $25K today and are resold in 5 years while still working properly and having equal kilometer usage, would there be more than a thousand or two difference in price between the two brands? Or is the difference more significant, more easily approaching $5K or beyond?

If you plan on keeping your car only 2-4 years I'd recommend either leasing if you want new or buying used if you don't. Buying new only becomes somewhat economical once the rate of depreciation slows significantly (i.e. after 6-7 years).

Buying new and selling at 4 years just seems like a lot more hassle for very little gain versus leasing. The cost of buying vs. leasing should be fairly similar assuming normal mileage and little wear/tear. You just let the dealership worry about issues/maintenace and then you don't need to go through the hassle of resale.

If you want to keep a new car for 5 years, it's a bit of an awkward point, since you're looking at replacing brakes and tires at about 60,000K or so, which may come around that point.

Northcott

Neo Member
now.

Pick the interior that fits your needs and you enjoy looking at the most. You spend all your time on the inside of the vehicle, might as well enjoy the time inside.

Jinto

I'm seriously considering selling my Switch. I won't have the time to play Zelda for a few months, so I'll just re-buy one with my EB credit when I'm actually gonna use it. The only thing stopping me is that I'm worried there will still be stock issues at that time.

NYR

I'm seriously considering selling my Switch. I won't have the time to play Zelda for a few months, so I'll just re-buy one with my EB credit when I'm actually gonna use it. The only thing stopping me is that I'm worried there will still be stock issues at that time.
I would sell it. The stock problems will not be an issue in dead of summer, not to mention the doubling of production. What you're seeing now is what happens at every console launch. I bet by May, you will have no trouble walking in and getting one.

Nah, don't worry so much. You'll get full price now, and make someone really happy.

Plus when you rebuy later, hardware issues (however minimal) will be well known and you will get a fresh warranty.

Jinto

^^
Alright, you guys convinced me. Even if I can't get one, I still have plenty of games to play. I'm sure Persona 5 will keep me busy for a long while.

Anyone in the Edmonton area wanna buy a Switch and Pro controller at cost?

Edit: Sold

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you plan on keeping your car only 2-4 years I'd recommend either leasing if you want new or buying used if you don't. Buying new only becomes somewhat economical once the rate of depreciation slows significantly (i.e. after 6-7 years).

Buying new and selling at 4 years just seems like a lot more hassle for very little gain versus leasing. The cost of buying vs. leasing should be fairly similar assuming normal mileage and little wear/tear. You just let the dealership worry about issues/maintenace and then you don't need to go through the hassle of resale.

If you want to keep a new car for 5 years, it's a bit of an awkward point, since you're looking at replacing brakes and tires at about 60,000K or so, which may come around that point.

Yea hmmmm, I was thinking of keeping it for at minimum 5 years, but I can also do a lease for that length.

Pick the interior that fits your needs and you enjoy looking at the most. You spend all your time on the inside of the vehicle, might as well enjoy the time inside.

That's true.
I guess all that's left now is to try them both out. The Cruze interior looks nicer to me in pictures but every review I've seen of the Mazda3 has praised its interior.

If anyone is planning to go watch Your Name., tickets are on sale with Cineplex right now. Anime movies tend to sell out pretty fast (I nearly got burned on The Anthem of the Heart), so it usually makes sense to pre-buy if you are planning on going!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Winnipeg never got a showing of 'Anthem of the Heart', but I'm pumped that we're getting Your Name.

I've been following this site called nowinstock.net for Nintendo Switch stock info. I see people saying shipments might come in the afternoon. How legit is it?

Proc

There is a steel book option for persona 5 available on amazon. I didn't realize the game was so close to being here so I grabbed a prime preorder of it.

killroy87

There is a steel book option for persona 5 available on amazon. I didn't realize the game was so close to being here so I grabbed a prime preorder of it.

It's a nice book, but the OCD in me would hate that looking different than my other games. I went with regular (which also has really nice art)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom