• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

jb1234

Getting off work in luaralhurst, have to drive to beacon hill. God save me.

It's dangerous as fuck out there. Be careful.

I'm in a unique situation because my parking garage opens up on a very steep hill. I can't go anywhere when it snows like this. But it's probably a blessing, haha.

dLMN8R

We ended up getting a couple of inches stick in Fremont!

Woke up around 7:15am to see it all, but then it started snowing really hard again which doubled the overnight accumulation in ~30 minutes.

IMG_5248.jpg

Just got done shoveling the sidewalks, we really didn't get that much snow in GL.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Flight canceled. Icy terror filled 5am wake up drive total waste of time.

SEATAC is bedlam btw. Stay away.

There is NOTHING you can achieve in those lines that you wouldn't sort faster by getting a bank loan, starting a small regional airline and rebooking your flight on an eventual expanded domestic fleet.

Drive this morning at Bullshit o'clock (fallen tree not shown)

LbDk14w.jpg

SeaTac fail

0WSPlGH.jpg

Speely

Banned
It's letting up a bit in West Seattle. Came down hard all morning though. Traffic is picking up, so be safe out there!

HTupolev

If it's going to be sludgy, I hope it commits to it and gets it all the way to disintegrating and loose.

If the ride home is all compacted slush, it's going to suck.

Izayoi

Banned
6 inches of snow this morning, and several trees down on the road.

Made it to work in downtown anyway.

I'm surrounded by quitters and WEAKLINGS

jb1234

Yeah, it's melting fast. Not fast enough, though. Car spun out on my hill and is currently resting on the sidewalk with three people and a police officer next to it.

Speely

Banned
Yeah, it's melting fast. Not fast enough, though. Car spun out on my hill and is currently resting on the sidewalk with three people and a police officer next to it.

Pretty dangerous phase of the post-snow process right now. I was supposed to move today and I noped right the fuck out of that.

Phthisis

Some of the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen came down this afternoon before it let up. Was gorgeous.

I rolled out a snowball last night to the size of a boulder until it was so big I couldn't push it any more.

Speely

Banned
Ok sorry SeattleGAF, but I am going to rant here because it's the closest place to appropriate in which I can.

Recently, my roomates' car was shot up in what was, depending on whose eyewitness testimony is believed, either a drive-by shooting or a joy-ride shooting.

West Seattle Blog report:
http://westseattleblog.com/2017/01/west-seattle-crime-watch-pigeon-point-gunfire-arbor-heights-suspect-out-more/

The windshield pictured in the above link was cracked by a bullet that shattered the rear window, flew directly above their baby's car seat, and deflected off of the windshield before embedding itself in the dashboard. Car was parked and we were all home, so luckily no chance of a fatality or injury there.

Another higher-caliber round fired from (according to one witness) a different party tore through this bumper sticker, somewhat ironically:

Days after this, our septic line backed up, presumably due to a break in the line since the part of it that runs down the steep hill atop which our house is situated is fucking clay. Landlord won't fix it and so we are forced to vacate within days (my roomies have a newborn, and living in a house with shitwater flooding the basement, which we cleaned up btw, is not an option.) So I've been without running water for close to a week.

So we have been moving out, but my stuff is still here (my rommates have a LOT more stuff and I helped them move it first since they are moving to Everett with family.) Now I have to find a way to get my shit from West Seattle to fucking Seatac (major downgrade) while this goddamn weather makes everything a lot fucking harder. I have a few options, but the small window and weather have compromised all of them. (I don't have a DL right now because I was an idiot and got a DUI years ago and I have lived in a place with decent mass transit since, plus I like excuses to bike and the lack of car insurance since Seattle is already so expensive.)

Sorry, I just had to rant somewhere. Ultimately it will be ok and I am lucky enough to have a place to go, but I just wish this whole thing had happened while I wasn't already depressed as hell about the state of the country I live in. Perfect storm of shittiness. Also, my landlord came by earlier and had the nerve to leave a passive-aggressive note about turning the power off when not home (I was getting lunch) when the only thing on in the house was a fan drying out the shit water remnants left in the basement that his own negligence caused.

We could take legal action for sure since we signed a year lease, but have decided not to since our landlord is a first-time landlord and has been very nice (if a bit clueless about being a landlord) in the past.

Something like 2 feet in certain locations. I'm a little jealous.

My godparents live in Lake Tapps. My parents watched the Super Bowl at their place and their car ended up getting stuck in the drive way after 14 inches fell. They left the car there until yesterday.

Along with the udub farmers market. Got some damn good coffee from there.

Right on. It's about a mile walk from my house to the university farmers market. We've been going every Saturday for about ten years now, as long as we're not out of town.

Herkimer coffee just further north on the Ave is legit.

KRaZyAmmo

Man just went to a cousin's daughter birthday all the way from Maple Valley (they live in Kent). Man Maple Valley is really out there.

finalflame

Gold Member
So I'm flying into Bellevue tomorrow, Seattle-GAF. Any recommendations on places to eat for lunch/dinner? I've checked out lots of Seattle last time I came so maybe something in Bellevue would be neat, but open to Seattle suggestions too. I'm into basically everything :)

xezuru

Maple Valley is still easily the same notion of urban Washington any city like Renton is, just with more trees, now I went back to where I grew up which was Port Orchard, and whelp....

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So I'm flying into Bellevue tomorrow, Seattle-GAF. Any recommendations on places to eat for lunch/dinner? I've checked out lots of Seattle last time I came so maybe something in Bellevue would be neat, but open to Seattle suggestions too. I'm into basically everything :)

bolling point for stinky tofu soup and noodles.

Din Tai Fung for dinner. Soup dumplings and dim sum.

finalflame

Gold Member
bolling point for stinky tofu soup and noodles.

Din Tai Fung for dinner. Soup dumplings and dim sum.

Didn't have time to try these, ended up eating at a conveyor sushi place called Maru.

Also, I got the job Seattle-GAF :) I'll be moving to Seattle soon. Stoked.

Owning is nice, if you're into that sort of thing. I like doing yardwork and home improvement stuff. Did a basement buildout six years ago, took a barebones space, redid the stairs, added a bathroom, shower, laundry area, pantry and a living room. I thought it was a lot of fun. And I've redone the other two bathrooms in my house as well. Built a little patio, pergola and fence along the edge a while back too.

Housing prices are insane, though. I'll give you that. Feel very lucky to have bought almost ten years ago.

[shrug]

Top Bottom