• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

DAREALGUMMY
Member
(06-20-2017, 03:00 AM)
DAREALGUMMY's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyzer

Ooooh leak vid

Edit: yikes the hidden cam angle lol

If it was the same one I went to in the PS area, you're basically in a tiny room being so there's not much room to capture it ideally.


EDIT: Didn't know this thread was a mess. I was super against world because the reveal trailer looked terrible to me. It didn't even have the jingle for a well done steak. After seeing the gameplay from the dev team in person, 2018 seems so far away. This game is going to be amazing.
Last edited by DAREALGUMMY; 06-20-2017 at 03:04 AM.
texhnolyze
Member
(06-20-2017, 03:10 AM)
texhnolyze's Avatar
Thread is like the repeat of the initial trailer thread.

Some 'fans' have made up their mind, they'll post the same thing every time they have the chance.
Meesh
Member
(06-20-2017, 03:24 AM)
Meesh's Avatar
I like it! The monster tracking is good, the grappling hooks are a sweet addition, reminds me of Attack on Titan. Monster on monster fights...

...the only thing that might bug me is the Guildie telling you everything non stop. The voice acting is good, but I hope after the "tutorial" stuff is outta the way she doesn't nag you like Navi.

Everything looks great so far though...
Vena
Member
(06-20-2017, 03:27 AM)
Vena's Avatar

Originally Posted by MatrixMan.EXE

I hate to be that guy, but I suspect one of the only reasons it gets a pass from a lot of people (not all of them) is because of the platform it's on if this past week is anything to go by. I love the hunting arts and styles in generations, but it's fine to call out the fact that it made the game quite broken and easy.

X/XX's changes pretty much shattered the combat system and the loop pivoted more to "perfect" play and speed a lot more than previous entries.

But the nice thing was that it was a major addition that added heavily to player interaction/action dynamics (rather than, say, revamping the tracking system \_(ツ)_/ or a grappling hook). In X/XX it was not really realized well as the mechanic was pivotal to combat but almost none of the enemies ever actually 'evolved' in light of it, and the player and the monster could often times be playing under different rule sets. Such mechanics could persist in a following title and then be built on more rigidly in the combat such that counter-mechanics are introduced, i-frame data is streamlined, and the overall interaction improved.

Its effectively a half-realized/half-assed system, but the half that is realized is on the player's side and greatly simplifies "old" combat encounters. It could definitely be hammered out in subsequent work to actually make the overall package all the more brutal or offer encounters are that utterly brutal in light of Arts/Style availability. (On top of all sorts of aforementioned balancing that could be given to slim down effectiveness.)
levyjl1988
Member
(06-20-2017, 03:34 AM)
levyjl1988's Avatar

When you have a series that runs into the higher numbers, I think the numbers themselves start to become off-putting. New players might think, "Oh, I've missed four games already, I can't possibly join at this point.

I wonder if the Star Wars movies have the same problem.
Qvoth
Member
(06-20-2017, 04:11 AM)
Qvoth's Avatar
Hyped for today's stream
Hopefully it's not just showing the leaked video in hd lol
Kyoufu
(06-20-2017, 04:12 AM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Qvoth

Hyped for today's stream
Hopefully it's not just showing the leaked video in hd lol

Can't see shit in that video. :(
Genryu
Member
(06-20-2017, 04:13 AM)
Genryu's Avatar

Originally Posted by levyjl1988

I wonder if the Star Wars movies have the same problem.

Since they are almost always marketed by just their subtitle and not the full thing? Probably not.
GearFourth
Banned
(06-20-2017, 04:14 AM)

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

Thread is like the repeat of the initial trailer thread.

Some 'fans' have made up their mind, they'll post the same thing every time they have the chance.

Agree

Originally Posted by ShemhazaiX

This thread is an absolute train wreck.

Some "Fans" of Monster Hunter practically salivating at the hopes that the game will bomb.

I mean, the game has a floor of about 2 million. It's not selling less than that. Whether that's a success to Capcom is their problem. They're probably hoping for 3-4 million. The ceiling is likely 4-5. Looking at up to 2 million on PS4 (Dark Souls numbers), 1-2 million on PC and 0-1 million on Xbox. It's going to sell more than Tri and 3U because of course it is. If it sold however much on Wii U it's going to easily beat when it's on all these other platforms. Especially if the game is marketed well.

And people seriously trying their best to spin everything into bad news. "IT'S A SPIN OFF. IT'S NOT MH5. WHEN IT BOMBS WE'LL GET THE REAL MH5. THEY'RE LYING".

Christ. This is looking like the best imagining of the Monster Hunter fantasy we've had yet. The methodical combat is here. Mounting is no longer a mini-game, and instead has been fleshed out. AI improved. None of the styles and RPG style special moves from Generations to use as a crutch. They're not only expanding upon the sidelined "Hunting" aspect of the game series, but they're keeping the gameplay (potentially improving, we'll find out when more is revealed). And people are still complaining about it being dumbed down? It has already been dumbed down. Load up MH1 right now and tell me that the game hasn't become easier. In fact, Generations is the game that made it practically a joke difficulty wise compared to older games, and yet XX seems to be the game people are clamouring for whilst simultaneously complaining that World is looking too easy.

So you lost local co-op mode. That sucks. It sucks you don't get Double Cross to play for local co-op. However, not every thread needs to become a battleground over the opinions that you've brought up in every other thread. We get it. You're boycotting it for reasons. We've heard you say it twenty times already. Nobody cares. Funnily enough, some of us are fans of the actual game itself rather than just wanting a game to play with friends at a gaming night. There are plenty of games you can do that with, and since World currently looks leagues ahead of every other Monster Hunter game to date, I'm glad it's taking advantage of the systems that it can. So please, just let people be excited for a game that a lot of people have been dying to get made for the last X amount of years.

Great post
NolbertoS
Banned
(06-20-2017, 04:24 AM)
NolbertoS's Avatar
At this point ny hatred for Capcom has subsided for Metroid Prime 4. I'll await though for a MH5G. Come on guys, even the non MH purists know Capcom will releases a G version eventually, outta nowhere pouring more salt on the console wars. Can't wait for MH World on PC for now.
stryke
Member
(06-20-2017, 04:26 AM)
stryke's Avatar
That makes sense.
Qvoth
Member
(06-20-2017, 04:27 AM)
Qvoth's Avatar
Wouldn't be surprised if g rank becomes an expansion pack, in fact that makes lots of sense
Immaculate
aka Marshall Lee
(06-20-2017, 04:47 AM)
Immaculate's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShemhazaiX

4 million has been the peak for the franchise, and it's actually been in decline since the PSP games. I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to sell on equal footing with the portable games.

5 million actually with P3rd. While I'm sure Capcom would be indeed happy to sell 4 million copies of world(which we know isn't gonna happen lol), putting it in line with the 3DS titles, the higher production costs to sell as much as previous titles already did with PS2 tier assets wouldnt be the nicest trade off
GameCenterXDS
Member
(06-20-2017, 04:57 AM)
Sony probably betting the farm on this game. No doubt going to be some agressive bundles where you get MH world for free with a ps4. Probably limited edition Monster hunter themed console too.
Ridley327
Member
(06-20-2017, 05:02 AM)
Ridley327's Avatar

Originally Posted by GameCenterXDS

Sony probably betting the farm on this game. No doubt going to be some agressive bundles where you get MH world for free with a ps4. Probably limited edition Monster hunter themed console too.

In Japan? I don't see them doing much more than a console bundle.

In the US? We'll be lucky to see Sony mention it if it is coming out around the same time as God of War.
B-Genius
Member
(06-20-2017, 05:04 AM)
B-Genius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Qvoth

Wouldn't be surprised if g rank becomes an expansion pack, in fact that makes lots of sense

Hadn't thought about this, but it does make sense. The idea of a mainline entry on PS4 with "G" expansions released as DLC along the way is a lot more appealing to me than the annual 3DS iterations.

Just gotta let fans play the same game, and avoid fragmenting the playerbase as much as possible. They're already on the right track by uniting east and west. Hopefully their long-term business model is an attractive one.
Renkax
Member
(06-20-2017, 05:05 AM)
Renkax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Qvoth

Hyped for today's stream
Hopefully it's not just showing the leaked video in hd lol


Watch it be the same Video but wirh japanese Voice actors lol
dragonlife
Member
(06-20-2017, 07:08 AM)
dragonlife's Avatar
Anyone gonna make a thread about the stream when it gets close?

Can one of you beautiful Hunters link me up? I seem to have lost the link I had.
nephilimdj
Member
(06-20-2017, 07:14 AM)
nephilimdj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ridley327

In Japan? I don't see them doing much more than a console bundle.

In the US? We'll be lucky to see Sony mention it if it is coming out around the same time as God of War.

Makes no sense, they had soul sacrifice, tokieden and god eater vita's. Ofcourse will be a MHW PS4
Squire
Member
(06-20-2017, 07:20 AM)
Squire's Avatar
Some of you must have an incredibly inflated view of MHs standing in any culture to be refuting the point about numbers with Star Wars and FF.

Those are ubiquitous brands that continue to sell in spite of the climbing numbers and because of the ubiquity.

Monster Hunter is a series of pretty good games that sells pretty well in Japan and well enough elsewhere.

Like, come on.
PKrockin
Member
(06-20-2017, 08:20 AM)
PKrockin's Avatar

Originally Posted by dragonlife

Anyone gonna make a thread about the stream when it gets close?

Can one of you beautiful Hunters link me up? I seem to have lost the link I had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig

Two hours and 40 minutes away now.
Qvoth
Member
(06-20-2017, 10:00 AM)
Qvoth's Avatar
1 more hour hype!

Thread Tools