• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
How dare they provide us with above-average and attractive fan translations every week at incredible speed for free!

Lotta lookin a gift horse in the mouth up in here.

MS adds in that extra shit that isn't needed.

And if they really are bad then they shouldn't bother to translate super fast, but wait and get this shit right.

How dare they provide us with above-average and attractive fan translations every week at incredible speed for free!

Lotta lookin a gift horse in the mouth up in here.

It's not like there's an official legal English Shonen Jump that comes out every Monday that only cost 54 cents an issue/$25 for a yearly subscription.

Oh wait.

I mean we all use the translation sites so..idk what's all that about. Or else this be a quiet ass thread on Thursdays

I do, but that's due to the nature of early scanlation leaks and their ubiquitous use within the community. There's really no reason to hold "fast food" scanlation sites up on a pedestal unless they are the only way for someone to read One Piece in their respective country.

I'm not even sure why Dogtooth came up all of a sudden. Didn't they put a translation note explaining what Katakuri meant the first time his name was mentioned? Yet only now do they decide to roll with this alternate explanation.

Regardless I'm still kind of against Pudding's name not being rendered as Purin (no one uses "Bartholomew Bear" - her name shouldn't be translated either) so whatever.

marmoka

Banned
I like Dogtooth. Sound badass, and it's easier to remember than Kakaturi or however is written.

I had that problem with Nekomamushi and the other dog. It was easier for me to remember names such as Cat Viper and Dog Storm.

I understand that for those who have learned Japanese and have a minimum level, they get the original names more naturally. Unfortunately, it's the opposite in my case. If some names can be translated, so that make more sense for non-Japanese ready, they are wellcomed. But Zou Island could had been translated as Elephant Island, in that case, the surprise we had that time we arrived to Zou wouldn't had been the same.

I like Dogtooth. Sound badass, and it's easier to remember than Kakaturi or however is written.

I had that problem with Nekomamushi and the other dog. It was easier for me to remember names such as Cat Viper and Dog Storm.

I understand that for those who have learned Japanese and have a minimum level, they get the original names more naturally. Unfortunately, it's the opposite in my case. If some names can be translated, so that make more sense for non-Japanese ready, they are wellcomed. But Zou Island could had been translated as Elephant Island, in that case, the surprise we had that time we arrived to Zou wouldn't had been the same.
I just call them inu and neko

Katakuri(only remember how to spell it because you typed it) will however be dogtooth until further notice because I'm not remembering the original

LotusHD

Banned

I can give you Kakaturi I guess. Inu and Neko, pretty easy abbreviations imo, no Japanese knowledge required (Though I do at least know that neko = cat)

Red Fire

Dogtooth sounds silly so Katakuri it is.

Just like Nekomamushi and Inuarashi.

I don't know japanese at all. Japanese sounds cool though

NSESN

I'm not even sure why Dogtooth came up all of a sudden. Didn't they put a translation note explaining what Katakuri meant the first time his name was mentioned? Yet only now do they decide to roll with this alternate explanation.

Regardless I'm still kind of against Pudding's name not being rendered as Purin (no one uses "Bartholomew Bear" - her name shouldn't be translated either) so whatever.
Because Purin is super lame.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Galette is underrated, she looks awesome and manages to avoid female sameface

latest

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
My god these new designs, Oda!

Mofo can still blow my mind after all these years. Dogtooth and the underworld guys look amazing.

You know reading One Piece and seeing the escalation in bounties have lead to start wondering how the fuck would the world government pay if like some of these heavy hitting guys were actually captured

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Cactus guy in the colosseum was capturing Impel Down prisoners too.

caliph95

It's the world government though, I'm fairly sure they got virtually infinite money lol
Fair enough lol i am wondering how many people make a career getting one of these really high bounties besides those gladiators, i doubt most people would touch any of the yonko higher ups for bounties besides Whitebeard but i thought he was just getting their treasure

RomanceDawn

Jinbe just casually attacking Big Mom's minions stating it was a rebellion seemed a little off to me. Like does that just take care of that issue? Obviously it didn't but now this chapter is giving me an idea of what to expect with Jinbe finally joining the crew officially. Many people wondered how Oda could live up to the transfusion scene or surpass it and now with this chapter and Jinbe's words with Aladin it's looking to me like Jinbe's ready to die attitude may have some Mamboshi/Rioboshi styled trauma behind it.

Back in the Marinford days I remember a lot of complaining about Jinbe's catch phrase, we could very well look back after this arc is said and done and look at Jinbe in a new light. Him ready to die for someone so willingly could be a quirk that soon gets hammered down a bit by Luffy during some emotional scene between the two.

Red Fire

Big Mom might appear again on Fishman Island. Maybe after Wano arc she will attack FI because she is mad at Luffy and Jinbei or because of the treasure bomb. That might be when the whole 'Luffy destroys Fishman Island' thing happens and Big Mom gets down for good. But then there's still the whole Giants plot so i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom