• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I just spent 20 minutes killing enemies with a sword that had no ammo; I can't figure out how so many people decided to power-level through a game so full of random things to do.

To each their own I guess.
Wanting to experience the raid blind and spoiler free when it opens was my main motivation, and that of a lot of people I raid with. If Bungie wasn't so hell bent on opening the raids immediately after launch, and waited say, a month, I'd happily have taken more time to smell the roses along the way.

Bungie really does a disservice to their game with their content release schedules.

LiK

What an awful post. Orthrus has basically been my go to heavy on everyone of my characters. Just because you're bad with GL doesn't mean they're useless.

It's literally the pro pipe from Reach with a different skin.

I see a Junk main here!

lionelhutz

Sunshot has done me well pve but targets explode in solar energy is what makes it. Generally I've found them lackluster in pvp and pve which is dissapointing.

I did use Sunshot in PVE for the mobs in the campaign, but I haven't used it since. It was one of the better weapons I had at the time so it was more out of need than want. I tried to like it, but it just made me want my old Fatebringer or Hawkmoon back. With the right Hunter loadout Hawkmoon felt viable everywhere.

Orthrus is good. I used it sometimes when I got bored of Rockets, but then I got Merciless and it was all ogre from there.

Running Main Ingredient now though to use Sunshot for leisurely play. Sunshot is just so crispy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My favorite weapon is the scorch cannon. Bewwwwwwwwm. Die stoopid walker. And that Servitor is on my shit list. I'm afraid of heights and he has no problems dropping me from 600 feet in the air.

Borealis is finally mine. Got lucky today and got it from Hawthorne after completing the clan weekly milestone.

Was getting tired of cold heart and Wardclif Coil qhen decrypting exotics

Now, wheres my vigilance wing Raul, you troll

Pastry

Banned
Is there any way to have your home base be the Farm and not Tower after you complete the main story? Farm had a lot more charm than the tower.

Wallach

My favorite weapon is the scorch cannon. Bewwwwwwwwm. Die stoopid walker. And that Servitor is on my shit list. I'm afraid of heights and he has no problems dropping me from 600 feet in the air.

Seriously, I'd kill for an exotic scorch cannon. For some reason I especially love how you can melee while you're charging a landed shot. I'm always looking for dudes to smack while listening to that wind up noise.

You have to wait for the garden to bear fruit.

The fruit has rotten on the tree whilst i wait. I feel another Gally/Hawkmoon bad vibe like on destiny vanila. If one day there is a mission where you need to save Raul from the hive/cabal/fallen, i'm joining the enemy taking pot shots at him

Without vigilance wing, because he would not give to me. Bastard

Kaibutsu

Best auto/pulse/scout rifles... my thinking with loads of PvE and limited Crucible time so far in D2:

• Cuboid Aru
  • Scathelock
  • Origin Story
  • Lincoln Green
  • Nameless Midnight
  • Jiangshi/Uriel's
  • Nightshade
  • MIDA *yawn*
  • Call to Serve

Am I overlooking anything? Any others i should give more of a shot?

I've been using the Valakadyn (Autorifle) a lot. It has a 53 round magazine and holds over 700 bullets. I think it's a beast, plus it looks bad ass.

edit:
800px-Valakadyn1.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wanting to experience the raid blind and spoiler free when it opens was my main motivation, and that of a lot of people I raid with. If Bungie wasn't so hell bent on opening the raids immediately after launch, and waited say, a month, I'd happily have taken more time to smell the roses along the way.

Bungie really does a disservice to their game with their content release schedules.

This. I wanted to be raid ready to make sure i got in a blind raid group on Day 1.

A week is better than the three days they gave before WOTM last year, but I still think they should've waited till Friday and not Wednesday to launch the raid. or maybe even Saturday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been using the Valakadyn (Autorifle) a lot. It has a 53 round magazine and holds over 700 bullets. I think it's a beast, plus it looks bad ass.
Oh, I got one of these but haven't tried it yet. I think Perseverance (which is great, also with a huge mag and reserve) is similar.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh. I wonder if PC was the main and then they just down ported to consoles because actually guns and everything felt so much better playing on PC.

D1 I think out of the 6k hours I put into the game it only had slow down less than half a dozen times. In D2. I'm constantly getting slow down during heavy PEs with a bunch of enemies, projectiles and other guardians on the screen. During the Titan PE, I had it drop into the teens for a little while. I guess it's true 60fps would be impossible on regular console.

k1t4j

What an awful post. Orthrus has basically been my go to heavy on everyone of my characters. Just because you're bad with GL doesn't mean they're useless.

There's another good one, Play of The game, sold me on GLs ;)

Deku Tree

Oh. I wonder if PC was the main and then they just down ported to consoles because actually guns and everything felt so much better playing on PC.

D1 I think out of the 6k hours I put into the game it only had slow down less than half a dozen times. In D2. I'm constantly getting slow down during heavy PEs with a bunch of enemies, projectiles and other guardians on the screen. During the Titan PE, I had it drop into the teens for a little while. I guess it's true 60fps would be impossible on regular console.

I haven't noticed any slowdown on PS4 Pro. Are you playing on a regular PS4 or a Pro?

Is there any way to have your home base be the Farm and not Tower after you complete the main story? Farm had a lot more charm than the tower.

Unfortunately no, but I'm with you in hoping they do something with the farm in the future.

Can you not visit the Farm after unlocking the Tower? When you click on Earth, it's shown on the upper right of the map (I think), but I haven't tried to access it. I just assumed they'd still leave it accessible.

Wallach

Been toying with this recently myself. Was wondering if Veist makes a kinetic AR, but it doesn't look like they do. I like the high ROF angle the Veist stuff takes - especially in the current weapon balance. I actually like their sniper rifle the most so far, Widow's Bite. At least for PvE it feels like snipers occupy the same space in that getting more ROF / reserves is a much more worthwhile tradeoff than damage per round.

exYle

I think people have misaligned expectations for what GLs are supposed to be. In most games they'd be considered crowd-control/mob sweepers, but in D2, I think the removal of heavy machine guns and the addition of grenade launchers is no coincidence. If you unload your grenades into a boss, that guy is going down, which makes GLs a great single-target DPS weapons. Rocket launchers, with their now universal one-round magazine, are the new add control.

RIP Mida, you will be missed.

If anybody from Bungie lurks here, please consider showing this video to the PVP team.

Analysis: Why We Should Buff More Than Nerf

Instead of nerfing Mida and Scouts, buff every single other weapon to make it at least a considerable option.

Consider bringing back actual mobility to make gameplay fun, this whole slow bullshit gameplay is BORING.

Also, get rid of that stupid radar delay bug, don't give me "esports oh my balance" excuses, just get rid of it.

I could go on all day with this, start with that.

I really hope they're hasty with gimping the MIDA. It seems like the main reason it's so heavily used is because, yes, it's one of the better weapons, but it's also incredibly easy to get. You don't have to wait for any kind of RNG drop, so anyone can snag it and use it and it just works.

There are other weapons I've stumbled upon (especially thanks to Hawk's post) that I've been very successful with against MIDA users at anything other than extreme ranges. It'd be nice if they gave the community more time to get and try out other weapons before immediately castrating the MIDA.

zewone

I've only heard people with standard PS4 complain of slow down.

I haven't experienced any myself on a Pro.

void666

Banned
Can you not visit the Farm after unlocking the Tower? When you click on Earth, it's shown on the upper right of the map (I think), but I haven't tried to access it. I just assumed they'd still leave it accessible.

You can still visit the farm. But the main npcs are no longer there.

BLU-82

Is there an official Raid thread? I cant seem to find it if there is :(

We have a 5 man team looking for one more for raid. PS4.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well. You two just convinced me to hook up my pro. I was waiting for a 4k HDR monitor before I hook up my pro but if it helps out with 1080p I have to get on it.

jadedm17

i reckon not many people appreciably play destiny for the little things. i sat in the trostland fighting the cabal vs fallen war for hours last week.

Indeed.
Thank you.

It's like time spent thinking about the meaning of life : You miss the purpose of living life.

Vishnu

Omg getting to 280 is really steep.
Im stuck on 279 for 3 days now.
Everything I get is mid 270.
I checked mods; dont have any purple ones.

Whats the best way to get past this?

Jblanks

I really dont understand this. Why is this still a thing... balancing PvE&PvP together? They MUST do this eventually or make only certain weapons playable/usable in the crucible and give us some crazy, cool shit for PvE only. It really zaps the fun out of PvE.

Who knows .. maybe we'll get a smug and useless Deej video soon..

LiK

Omg getting to 280 is really steep.
Im stuck on 279 for 3 days now.
Everything I get is mid 270.
I checked mods; dont have any purple ones.

Whats the best way to get past this?

If you did the Milestones already, do Pubs and Strikes. Chances for Exotics and Purples which can raise your PL some more.

WeTeHa

- Want to go to the cryptarch -> spawn next to ikora
- Want to do meditations -> spawn near the top (even after doing a meditation)

am i missing something here?

E92 M3

Is it any surprise the games being/been nerfed out of existence when you have captain no fun in charge of the carnage that is the crucible

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/910516844808740865

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/910519773343055872

Must be a bundle of laughs in his house

As an outsider reading peoples thoughts on the game (and having played enough of D1 to know how these things go) the whole thing looks like a RoI type expansion, just enough to keep peoples interest for a month then it will slowly die off, next expansion will change some of the nerfs then the second will open the floodgates, rinse and repeat

Not only is he bad at PVP, he makes horrible decisions. No idea how Bungie is ok with it.

Mindlog

I really dont understand this. Why is this still a thing... balancing PvE&PvP together? They MUST do this eventually or make only certain weapons playable/usable in the crucible and give us some crazy, cool shit for PvE only. It really zaps the fun out of PvE.
Odds are we're going to get competitive PvE soon with PvP elements.
Part of me thinks it's really cool to see them borrowing interesting elements from other games like Star Trek Online.
Another part of me thinks they're doing it out of spite to justify PvE/P 'unity.'

void666

Banned
Well. You two just convinced me to hook up my pro. I was waiting for a 4k HDR monitor before I hook up my pro but if it helps out with 1080p I have to get on it.

The downsampling to 1080p is legit.

About performance, i feel it's not locked 30 fps. When there's too much shit going on i swear it drops below 30. Even on the pro. Not huge drops, but it's there.

Honestly i think bungie could tone down particle effects just a little.

Mindlog

Want huge frame drops?
Titan summoning heroic public event. If you want them to drop real hard wait for hunters with tethers and use your cluster rockets.

Honestly the game starts playing at half speed like when EvE uses time dilation to handle large player counts.

Yup. Armor and weapon. Cant equip any more

Get more then. It will be higher than your current light level and probably your equipped exotics. Also go do the raid if you havent. That will push you up fast. Or make an alt, level them and put your guns on them then do their milestones and equip the guns they got back to your main as you will level faster on an alt.

There's a bunch of things you can do to keep getting stronger. I'd recommend the alt personally since it opens up more milestones for you each week and it's easy to catch up to your main. As a result I've got 3 over 290 already.

platocplx

So what makes MIDA so good

Based on my time with it ..

It seems to fire slower and doesnt flinch as hard as it used to

Maybe since all guns seem to be around the same level or lower it just stands out anyways?

It’s not even OP. People just have been going to the gun because it’s familiar. That’s the crazy part. Lol

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Anyone for a raid group later tonight?

280+ raid experience preferred
5:00 PM PDT, 8:30 PM EST, 1:30 AM BST

1. free_the_slaves 296 titan
2. Maximilian128 293 titan

Top Bottom