• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

This might be a dumb question, but how would I even go about purchasing the PC version of DQ10 all in one?

Seems like everywhere I check I'm thwarted by needing a Japanese credit card or address(square e-store and JP amazon digital download)

Aeana

This might be a dumb question, but how would I even go about purchasing the PC version of DQ10 all in one?

Seems like everywhere I check I'm thwarted by needing a Japanese credit card or address(square e-store and JP amazon digital download)
You can use a hotel address or something to get the digital version from Amazon. That's what I did.

demonkaze

Been having some trouble nailing down a main to play. I'm only in Ver.1 still so I have a long way to go and I have been leveling a lot of the classes to around 30 so far for their passives. Fortuneteller seemed neat from what I played of it i guess but not sure if i'd rather go melee.

extralite

Resubbed and back on track working through version 2 story. Onward to true Melsandy.

I think the village name is based on the German word Märchen (meruhen in Japanese). You'll see once you advance in the story. So it's probably better to transliterate it with an r.

All the butterfly locations in Rendacia are based on fiction types, with fake Rendacia representing the fiction and true Rendacia representing the reality where it is written. Mercandi is fairytales, Zeredot is religion/after life, and Arahagearo is video games (monsters being video game characters, kind of like demons in Megaten).

Aeana

I got some monsters and put them up at the monster farm. The character I'm working on is アマティ. If anybody else has monsters they want me to work with, let me know. And I'd appreciate it if anybody worked with mine when they have the chance. I checked my monsters on my other character and they're so well-developed. (._. )

Aeana

Finished 2.1 tonight. It looks like I'm gonna need to finish up the stamp cards for the other nations so I can get that zoomstone for completing all of them... but maybe some other time. The mega zoomstone really makes life so much easier.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished 2.1 tonight. It looks like I'm gonna need to finish up the stamp cards for the other nations so I can get that zoomstone for completing all of them... but maybe some other time. The mega zoomstone really makes life so much easier.
I finished the last 3 I needed for the zoomstone after being done with 3.x, but to be honest it's not such a big deal if you have a page full of stones already.
Like you said, Mega Zoomstone makes life much easier, you can upgrade it to ver. 2 locations when you're done with 2.x and 3.x has its own system which helps with teleporting.

Aeana

I'm feeling stupid for doing all of those quests over the weekend, because I forgot about the massive EXP boosts everything is getting with today's patch. Oh well.

Aeana

Tried Zoma a few times with Shouta, we failed miserably several times. I think it'd be much easier with real players so we'll try that later.

Kanann

Tried Zoma a few times with Shouta, we failed miserably several times. I think it'd be much easier with real players so we'll try that later.

You need balance party and using sage stone inside chest on floor 2 Zoma castle.

Sage stone heal faster than Behomara.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So... how plausible is it to be able to see nearly all the content in the game without relying on real players?
You can solo everything story related in the game aside from maybe 8 player fights using NPC party members. I finished the whole story and both expansions recently and the only fight where other players had to help me was the quest to unlock the 99 level cap,

Kanann

So... how plausible is it to be able to see nearly all the content in the game without relying on real players?

99.99% if you skilled enough, extremely hard optional bosses can clear with AI, but you need the best of the best one.

Only pvp and some gimmick events that really need another human being.

Shouta

The new XP book rewards from the job quest lines are great. You get 22 in total for doing the entire series for a total of 550,000 XP. I did it for Dancer late last night and it got me two levels.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I beat Zoma yay.

I dunno about significantly. I have fingers now... and there's more sophisticated lighting. That seems to be about it.
Still better than no improvement, I guess.
Did you beat Zoma with a full party of lv 99 NPCs or with a human party?

Aeana

Still better than no improvement, I guess.
Did you beat Zoma with a full party of lv 99 NPCs or with a human party?

Everyone's level is 45 for the event. I beat it with a full AI party. It's definitely gonna be easier with humans. You can choose to be matched with random real people if you want to.

Aeana

The lighting in Ruida's tavern is unlike anything else I've seen in the game before now. And there's bloom app over the place.

Kanann

DJgAytmVwAILPbJ

DJgAytnVYAAZbTT

DJgAytpU8AUy6Zk

Another waifus online.

ps. I like that police girl.

Aeana

I did my daily quests on it last night and it's nice enough. PC version is still smoother and nicer, but I can play on my couch which is a big plus.

I don't like the typing situation in it at all, though. The keyboard comes up full screen over the game with transparency set to like 40%. It's very weird.

cube001

So I got the switch version code and I decided to download it and give it a try.

I'm positive that the ip block still stands as it uses the same servers but I'm not in the mood to hook up my old CFW router just to play this, any easy solution to bypass the ip block using a PC? I'd appreciate if you could share that.

Also is the game 30 or 60 fps?

I remember playing it using my Nvidia Shield Portable, and I enjoyed the portability aspect of it, that's why I'm actually looking forward to playing the switch version.

Kanann

30fps

You can share with PC via LAN adaptor, but that will disable portable mode......
So, some of my friend just VPNed the internet router directly.

Aeana

You can connect to the VPN on your PC and use your wireless adapter to create a shared network where you share the VPN'd connection. Modern wireless adapters support Microsoft's "hosted network" mode where you can both connect to a wireless network and host a hotspot on the same device. I'm doing this now and it works fine. I can write up a little guide on how to do it if people are interested.

cube001

You can connect to the VPN on your PC and use your wireless adapter to create a shared network where you share the VPN'd connection. Modern wireless adapters support Microsoft's "hosted network" mode where you can both connect to a wireless network and host a hotspot on the same device. I'm doing this now and it works fine. I can write up a little guide on how to do it if people are interested.

Thanks for the instructions, I actually downloaded an app which does that for me and it worked, can't say it's optimum but it works I guess.

30fps

You can share with PC via LAN adaptor, but that will disable portable mode......
So, some of my friend just VPNed the internet router directly.

Yeah that's a bummer, I thought the switch would be capable of running the game at 60 fps but maybe it's because of the CPU limitations of the switch given that it's an MMO.

Kanann

Please!

Windows 10 only?

extralite

Yeah that's a bummer, I thought the switch would be capable of running the game at 60 fps but maybe it's because of the CPU limitations of the switch given that it's an MMO.

If it can do stable 30 fps I will be satisfied. Wii U is 30 fps too for the most part but suffers horrible drops in certain situations, some understandable (when you're in a story dungeon after a new update release and everyone else is there too), some not so much (in housing areas where there are lots of furniture but not many players). It would be nice if Switch could maintain 30 fps in all of these cases.

And 30 fps is enough for a game like this, it's not like it requires split second reflexes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Stupid question - if I bought the Switch version now, I would still have to buy v4 twice - for PC and for the Switch, right?

Aeana

Stupid question - if I bought the Switch version now, I would still have to buy v4 twice - for PC and for the Switch, right?

No, it's a bit more forgiving than FF14 in that respect.
Here's what my account page looks like:

2pd7eGS.png

It only cares that you own the base game for each platform.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
No, it's a bit more forgiving than FF14 in that respect.
Here's what my account page looks like:

2pd7eGS.png

It only cares that you own the base game for each platform.
You just made me buy the Switch version, thanks!

Kanann

Errr, if you do that, you don't miss some data that need to be install in platform? or they all come with patch already?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Errr, if you do that, you don't miss some data that need to be install in platform? or they all come with patch already?
Yeah, it looks like it. I read a bit more about it today and it turns out (if I'm understanding this correctly) that while it's true that you need only 1 registration code, since the game doesn't just update itself to the latest version if you have the expansion code, you need to get the expansion data somewhere.
This whole thing is really weird - if you have access to the disc, you can just install the data and play the expansion even if you registered it for another platform, but without the disc/card/download you can't do anything.

Instead of buying the Switch version I subscribed for another month on PC - I might grab the 1-4 version for the Switch when that comes out.

Top Bottom