• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
I always play as Real Madrid in Football Manager as that's my club but I have come to find it pretty boring since I have all of the money in the world to buy players. I want to make my experience more interesting next time.
Take over Barca and get them relegated.

Basic statement from Southampton:

"Van Dijk will not be sold this window. Soon as Van Dijk realises that he will be welcomed back with open arms. This is the club setting a statement that will help Southampton in the future."

Sorry Liverpool fans
Fair play to the club.

It's a shame there are absolutely no other CB options out there better than Klavan and Lovren though. I guess we're fucked lmao.

Focus on youth, rather than buying players

Yep, much more satisfying. I am currently in 2054 (FM '14) with a former Belgian third division team. My squad consists nearly entirely of youth products and I've won the Champions League 7 times.

It's super arousing to look back on some of my player's careers from when they entered the team as 17 year old's to when they retire into a staff position at 38 year old.

sora87

I managed to make a LFC team full of academy regens and actually win the league and a few cups with them on FM16, was very proud haha

Beefy

In FM I always start of as a team that needs to rebuild or a lower league club. I took Barnet to the Europa in 2017.

But I don't know how to develop the youth players or even managing my budget. It's all so confusing.

I haven't cracked the youth player code either. An easy way to get around that is just to download some of the pre-made shortlists and pluck the high potential kids from other clubs. But even then, I'm not really sure the best way to develop them. I tend to loan them out aggressively, with mixed results.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
But I don't know how to develop the youth players or even managing my budget. It's all so confusing.

I usually get good coaches and a good Ass man (👀) and leave it to them

I mainly play FM Touch now though. Pre-ordered 18 as well earlier.

casiopao

Not super excited about matuidi but tbf you can't expect to sign anyone better on the 15th of august for that price,hopefully we'll also get spinazzola and keita.

Well, i believe that Matuidi is going to be our stop gap solution for Mid. If Bentacur mature even more, i can see Khedira next year going to MLS while we will do everything we can to get Savic from Lazio next year.^^

Hope that Matuidi is going to be able to solve some lack of steel on our midfield there.

In FM I always start of as a team that needs to rebuild or a lower league club. I took Barnet to the Europa in 2017.

It's funny. I do the same but I go for even lower leagues. However, even though I have FM14 (and have played some previous titles) I barely play more than a few matches each time I try to start it. I find the concept and the execution of that game to be excellent but I can just tell that it is a timesink. I love football as a game and the role playing aspect of this one appeals to me for the same reason that I love Grand Strategy games. Yet, compared to those games I simply don't have enough knowledge about real football and its tactics to be competent. I have little idea what to look for in players and how hands on I should be with everything. And my formations/picks always end up being awful.

Still, I always have the idea to play as Boston United in the lowest possible tier of English football as I like the idea of a nobody/underdog rising in the ranks. Increases role playing potential too. But I digress, this isn't an FM topic.

--------------

Anyone watching Champions League playoffs tonight? Who are your picks?

Lunar FC

Feel like I would prefer this type of game on mobile as well. Does in have most of the features as the full game?

Lashley

Feel like I would prefer this type of game on mobile as well. Does in have most of the features as the full game?

Aye, I play it on PC, but it's basically classic but without players whining every 2 days and the press asking what you had for lunch

Lunar FC

Aye, I play it on PC, but it's basically classic but without players whining every 2 days and the press asking what you had for lunch

Ah, I figured touch was the phone verison. I guess that is FM Mobile.

Haven't even played the game and I'm already confused.

I haven't cracked the youth player code either. An easy way to get around that is just to download some of the pre-made shortlists and pluck the high potential kids from other clubs. But even then, I'm not really sure the best way to develop them. I tend to loan them out aggressively, with mixed results.

With my best prospects I usually keep them at the club and make sure they always have a good tutor. I'll only loan them out if a good club offers them first time minutes. Lower end prospects I'll loan out whenever.

Pachimari

What is the reason for this? Seems crazy.
Spain is the reason. Folks there like to go eat at restaurant late at night before going to a football match. It's kind of like going to the theater.

Hmm, yeah, getting good coaches seems like a good idea. There's a list with available coaches somewhere in the game isn't there? I think next time I'm gonna try coach a team from some English lower league.

Is there a mod for FM2017 giving me the English league and club logos, shirts etc.?

Lashley

Spain is the reason. Folks there like to go eat at restaurant late at night before going to a football match. It's kind of like going to the theater.

Hmm, yeah, getting good coaches seems like a good idea. There's a list with available coaches somewhere in the game isn't there? I think next time I'm gonna try coach a team from some English lower league.

Is there a mod for FM2017 giving me the English league and club logos, shirts etc.?

sortitoutsi should have all the logos etc, and it tells you where to put them

cromofo

I always start with Hajduk Split, which is my home club and is a great challenge(starting at a deficit)

Youth development > buying players.

Supporting both Everton and Hajduk is a bit of a pickle lately.

Lunar FC

Blame Franco.

giphy.gif

faridmon

I always start with Hajduk Split, which is my home club and is a great challenge(starting at a deficit)

Youth development > buying players.

Supporting both Everton and Hajduk is a bit of a pickle lately.

The match is on Youtube for free tonight. Good luck to both side of your brain I guess.

I want a thrashing with Tom Davies having a blinder

Sandro is injured which sucks though

Not quite perfect, then.

=_=

Deportiva la Coruna to rescue:

According to a report from local newspaper La Voz de Galicia, La Liga club Deportivo La Coruña had offered themselves as a loan destination for Diego until the end of Atlético’s transfer ban in January.

US guys, which streaming service do you use to watch soccer if you use any? I am currently on YouTube tv but might switch to Fubo TV because it offers Beinsports and almost all matches will be at 60fps which is amazing. However they don't have ESPN so I will miss UEFA supercup matches like today. Also their dvr is very limited.

cyber_ninja

US guys, which streaming service do you use to watch soccer if you use any? I am currently on YouTube tv but might switch to Fubo TV because it offers Beinsports and almost all matches will be at 60fps which is amazing. However they don't have ESPN so I will miss UEFA supercup matches like today. Also their dvr is very limited.

I usually use whatever stream I can find on reddit r/soccerstreams. Also my friend loaded kodi on to my amazon firestick last night, so i will be using that when I'm not at work.

Nyx

lol Zenit.

Players who think they can win matches with little effort deserve to lose.

See you in St Petersburg.

Nyx

Roberto Mancini :

'Well Utrecht has been playing with the same team for years! And erm.. they had two days more rest than us'

Hahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom