• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Battride War (PS3) announced in Dengeki Playstation [Details]

Sqorgar

Banned
I'm all for personal taste, but I've always been baffled by the Musou following. They just straight play like shit. They're like next gen Fighting Forces with licenses thrown on them, and everything about them is cheap and poorly made. I have someone telling me right now that apparently Hokuto No Ken 2 isn't so bad, but I straight don't believe him.
You are wrong and you are terrible at playing video games.

salromano

I don't think the Fami scoop is Kamen Rider.

They have a 6-page feature on Killer is Dead this week (the new Suda game for PS3/360). That was announced a while back. Could be something "long awaited."

Ghazi

3300+ posts... 600 posters... and the result is a game only a handful is willing play.

KuGsj.gif

I'm going to go kill myself now.

So it "looks like musou" but no one wants to confirm if this is Tecmo Koei? Interesting. Is Namco Bandai breaking off with Koei now that they know how to make it?

Sandfox

So it "looks like musou" but no one wants to confirm if this is Tecmo Koei? Interesting. Is Namco Bandai breaking off with Koei now that they know how to make it?

It may be because they are already working on One Piece Musou 2 and given the popularity of One Piece in Japan that is probably a bigger priority.

- Includes a scenario mode that features cross-overs between different works.
- Featured works include Kuuga, Agito, Denou, Kabuto, Ozu, Fourze, Wizard.
- 5/23 release.
- Limited edition to include 30 songs from the works scheduled to be featured in the game. Can be used in-game as music.

http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-24049.html

That's wierd given that we've already seen Hibiki and IIRC Kiva's bikes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm all for personal taste, but I've always been baffled by the Musou following. They just straight play like shit. They're like next gen Fighting Forces with licenses thrown on them, and everything about them is cheap and poorly made. I have someone telling me right now that apparently Hokuto No Ken 2 isn't so bad, but I straight don't believe him.

I mean, I can see the appeal in damn near everything from plane simulators, to the idolmaster, to football manager, all sorts of niche stuff, and my tastes are pretty broad as well, but Musou is supposed to be hyper mainstream and it's just straight TERRIBLE. God.

Also, yeah, I watched all of Kabuto, it's the only one I've seen though, but big fan. Which is why I really want this to be a game not made by Koei so it has at least a glimmers hope of being not garbage.

I sure you haven't played any other Kamen Rider video game offering. Because if you think Musou is shit, boy oh boy. Wait until you play a Climax Heroes. The thing is, this is the closest Kamen Rider can get to a 'good' game. For whatever reason, Bandai won't go to a big dev to make one. Koei's the Japanese Lego games. Yeah, they're kind of shallow, but they do the carrot on a stick real well, and they kill it in terms of fan service.

Beth Cyra

They have a 6-page feature on Killer is Dead this week (the new Suda game for PS3/360). That was announced a while back. Could be something "long awaited."
I don't know, a Kamen Muso fits the tease much better.

Prophane33

Hell yes, FINALLY! I hope it focuses on mostly Heisei riders, though it's cool if it focuses on Kamen Rider Ichi-gou and Ni-gou. Worst case I'm sure there will be Fourze and/or Wizard DLC. Musou Kitaaaa!

truthfully, I haven't play many Musou games, though I am interested in picking up the FotNS ones. That being said, I'm looking forward to this one (mainly because, KR), hopefully the models will be slightly better than the Climax Heroes games.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I mean, I can see the appeal in damn near everything from plane simulators, to the idolmaster, to football manager, all sorts of niche stuff, and my tastes are pretty broad as well, but Musou is supposed to be hyper mainstream and it's just straight TERRIBLE. God.

Also, yeah, I watched all of Kabuto, it's the only one I've seen though, but big fan. Which is why I really want this to be a game not made by Koei so it has at least a glimmers hope of being not garbage.

Well, from playing the demo, I can tell you that Hokuto 2 does address a lot of the major complaints you guys had about the first game, namely the sluggish controls and overall slowness of the game. However, they took out jumping for some insane reason, so I don't know...even I'm a bit baffled by that decision.

I guess the appeal of Musou, for me at least, is the "one man army" aspect of it. I like mowing down hundreds of nameless enemy mooks with impressive looking special moves and shit. It's not DMC or Bayonetta, but it serves a specific purpose and does it well enough. And there's the whole leveling aspect, as well. Working towards making your favorite character ridiculously powerful so you can do what you've been doing for the past 100 hours faster and faster. :lol It's shallow as hell, yes, but sometimes it's good to take a break from Dark Souls or Vanquish and play something a bit more mindless. And really, saying it's mindless isn't exactly true, since there's a lot of hidden depth to the games (just look at any Koei-specific forum and see some of the combat strategies/combos some people come up with...some of that stuff is too much even for me).

But yeah, I ain't tryin' to make you a fan or anything (I've already been through this whole spiel with Matt too, :lol). Just explaining my take on the whole thing.

Cool to know you like Kabuto, too. If you get some time, check out Kamen Rider W. I watched it recently, and it completely eclipsed Kabuto and Blade as my favorite Rider series. So good.

Holy shit, :lol:, I knew this would end up being a disappointment. I have no faith that this game will be good to those who are not Kamen Rider fans. I'm laughing so hard right now, you all were so hyped. At least the fans here will cream there pants in joy.

Delio

tumblr_mgn08p9tXY1rrvp7ao1_500.gif

Squire

Banned
Don't care about Kamen Rider anything, but new Killer is Dead info? It wasn't all for nought!

No P5 stings though. Damn.

Platy

Holy japanese news xD

Also, any chances of any Kamen Rider I care about apearing ?

As in ... Pre-Black Kamen Rider RX

Stark

Banned
http://gematsu.com/2013/01/surprise-new-scoop-on-popular-series-in-next-famitsu

Here we go again. This week’s surprise Famitsu scoop, teased last week, appears to be Killer is Dead (Suda 51′s new game—stay tuned for an update on that) (or Kamen Rider, I’m not sure). But Famitsu has another surprise scoop for next week.

“Surprise new scoop,” reads the magazine. “New activity regarding that popular series? The information will surprise you!”

Persona 5 bandwagon once more?

Prophane33

It's a combination of my two favorite things: Kamen Rider and Koei's Musou games! I know what I'm buying for my graduation present to myself. Haters gonna hate.

Seda

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/surprise-new-scoop-on-popular-series-in-next-famitsu

Here we go again. This week’s surprise Famitsu scoop, teased last week, appears to be Killer is Dead (Suda 51′s new game—stay tuned for an update on that) (or Kamen Rider, I’m not sure). But Famitsu has another surprise scoop for next week.

“Surprise new scoop,” reads the magazine. “New activity regarding that popular series? The information will surprise you!”

ahahaha

EDIT: Beaten like 3 times lol

cyborg009

Banned

I totally forgot about this and before we only got was concept art.

squall23

Except when its not really Musou, but a clone, not made by Omega Force apparently. Could be wrong, but my friend know his shit man.
Last time I checked, Basara turned out OK. Arguably even better than Musou. Obviously not all the clones can be just as good or better but it's possible.

Top Bottom