• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

I'm really happy that the game is being well received.

Hopefully it won't go too unnoticed after all the episodes come out.

Nice OT by the way.

Can't wait to play this. If it came out yesterday I would've been able to download it in a few minutes. But now the 1.8 gig download will probably take half a day with my current connection :'(

One thing I like about episodic releases is the fact each episode takes relatively little time to complete... which translates to a lower chance of joining the backlog.

That's exactly why I enjoy episodic games as well. I have at least 3 or 4 full retail games on backlog at any given time (usually more) but I always have time to spend 2 or 3 hours on an episode of something.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

mike4001_

I have played about an hour of the game and I just love it :)

I live in Europe and the game jus translates perfectly the picture we get of an US highschool :)

Hikami

Already finished episode 1 earlier today.. bought the rest of the episodes right after.
It was great, love the rewinding time mechanic.

I like these episodic releases, might've ended up in the backlog otherwise.

Didn't snitch on Nathan because after playing through both dialogue options it didn't seem like the principal would do anything and I didn't want to get myself involved at all. Comforted Victoria because I did feel a little bad and I'm sure she just acts that way as a front or something, but then talked to her friends afterword where she was causing drama and felt like maybe I shouldn't have comforted her. Intervened on Kate's behalf because she needs someone to stick up for her - I'm not sure what is going on with her subplot but it's troubling. Hid in Chloe's closet because that security guard already had it out for me after intervening and thought it would cause more trouble.

Lol, you're right the principal did nothing, Max's mom did send a text message saying that she heard from the principal that I was spreading lies about a student. I also did feel sorry for Victoria, but I feel that she could be a good ally to have regardless of her jerkiness. I think I did everything could to annoy the security guard, I signed the petition and felt sorry for Kate (her story seems so sad, booo bullies) and Chloe (once I saw here get slapped, I was like nooooope), so he will definitely have it out for me. Oh, well.

how are the subtitles for the PC version? The subtitles in Remember Me didn't scale with your resolution so when i downsampled the game they were so small as to be unreadable.

Certainly wasn't expecting a PS4 theme with the game. That was a pleasant surprise!

I loved both the
Final Fantasy
and
Lara Croft
references. Bless Square Enix.
It was such an enjoyable episode. There were so many characters and even just one conversation with them revealed a multitude of backstory and personality behind them. That's something you don't really find in games these days. Not to mention they all were so distinctly different, it was so refreshing.

Zafir

how are the subtitles for the PC version? The subtitles in Remember Me didn't scale with your resolution so when i downsampled the game they were so small as to be unreadable.

I didn't try downsampling, but they looked fine at my native resolution of 1440p, not too small or anything just normal size you'd expect. So I think they did scale with resolution.

Certinty

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed playing a game as much as this but it definitely wasn't in the past few months. Although the game is right up my alley I didn't get along with The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us at all so I was curious about how I found find this.

Anyway to sum up my thoughts I will say this, the voice acting is great, the characters are unique, the soundtrack is amazing, the art style is beautiful and the humour fits the atmosphere perfectly.

Honestly if this was a retail game I would have no regrets buying it for full price and that's just from this episode alone. Can't wait for the next episode!

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Was really hoping this would be up on the NA PSN this morning so I could download it while I was at class, oh well. Glad that the game is getting good first impressions, can't wait to hunker down and play this tonight!

Gurish

I tried to find the demo on PS4 didn't find anything, are you sure it's available? Reviews are good and i wanna give it a try.

So GAF, your impressions?

Do you like narrative-focused games, like most modern Telltale or Quantic Dream games? If so I'd totally recommend it. It's a bit different than those because you're playing as a teen girl in a private high school so the story is a bit more grounded, even with the supernatural elements that come in like being able to rewind time.

The best way I can describe it is Twin Peaks meets Veronica Mars done in the style of a Telltale Game with a focus on details and world building similar to a game like Gone Home (i.e. there is a lot to look at that makes the world feel "lived-in.") But the mood is fantastic, the visuals are interesting and it's a breath of fresh air in the sense that there aren't many games that explore these kinds of characters or environments.

Muzicfreq

Banned
The game is amazing!
Can't wait for the rest >.<

Steam dicussions...... -_- /sigh full of dumb people all caught up in the whole feminist, Social justice warrior, ect. nonsense.
I sometimes wonder if people realize that games are meant to be fun and not picked apart to death.

kubus

I tried to find the demo on PS4 didn't find anything, are you sure it's available? Reviews are good and i wanna give it a try.
Just checked, here in Europe there is a demo for the PS3 but can't find a PS4 demo ._.
Maybe it'll come later?

Supporting this game for three reasons:

1. We need a competitor against Tell Tale's vice like grip on this genre
2. Loving the Indie Movie style and the everyday high school setting
3. Episode 1 at least is damn good.

The game is amazing!
Can't wait for the rest >.<

Steam dicussions...... -_- /sigh full of dumb people all caught up in the whole feminist, Social justice warrior, ect. nonsense.
I sometimes wonder if people realize that games are meant to be fun and not picked apart to death.

The Steam forum is a fucking nightmare. It's always fairly crap for any kinds of discussions, but yeah it seems like there is a large segment of people who can't comprehend that these games could even exist or that there is a market of people who'd want to play them. I also find it kind of gross that a lot of people can't seem to look at the close friendship between Chloe and Max without screaming "lesbian." God forbid a game have a female POV. I don't know what the writers have planned but more than once Max talks about which boys she thinks are cute, so I don't know.

Zafir

Didn't snitch on Nathan because after playing through both dialogue options it didn't seem like the principal would do anything and I didn't want to get myself involved at all. Comforted Victoria because I did feel a little bad and I'm sure she just acts that way as a front or something, but then talked to her friends afterword where she was causing drama and felt like maybe I shouldn't have comforted her. Intervened on Kate's behalf because she needs someone to stick up for her - I'm not sure what is going on with her subplot but it's troubling. Hid in Chloe's closet because that security guard already had it out for me after intervening and thought it would cause more trouble.
I told the principle which did end up being a massive waste of time, but outside of that, same choices.

Muzicfreq

Banned
The Steam forum is a fucking nightmare. It's always fairly crap for any kinds of discussions, but yeah it seems like there is a large segment of people who can't comprehend that these games could even exist or that there is a market of people who'd want to play them. I also find it kind of gross that a lot of people can't seem to look at the close friendship between Chloe and Max without screaming "lesbian." God forbid a game have a female POV. I don't know what the writers have planned but more than once Max talks about which boys she thinks are cute, so I don't know.

Sadly.
I wish I was a mod on there. Ohhhh all the closed threads.

TNH853

just played the first episode and it´s pretty good. i really like story/character focused games. i guess everyone who likes telltale games will probably also like life is strange.

delSai

Played the demo for a few minutes and then decided to buy the first episode. I think i'm going to like it alot.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I was able to play with everything maxed out with 8x MSAA and had no frame rate problems. It was also cheaper so I'd have to go with the PC version.

i7 2600k, Sapphire 7950

For me it was 4xMSAA and High FXAA rest maxed out
i3 4130 / 750ti FTW
No issues sitting at 60fps

Flandy

Even the demo is delayed till next week on the PS4....? bummer,wanted to play this weekend.

You could always try the PC version and see if you can run it. Although I suppose you'd prefer to play on a TV than a small monitor?

For me it was 4xMSAA and High FXAA rest maxed out
i3 4130 / 750ti FTW
No issues sitting at 60fps

The default for me was 4xMSAA but I turned it up and didn't have any problems. I also used my dualshock 4 using DS4Windows.

B8k3dGRCQAAz_xc.png

Very few games give you a fully realised high school setting. This is like Bully 2. Anyone who's up for a story about going back to a hometown and adjusting to changes with Alan Wake and Dreamfall vibes should play this immediately. The slice of life combined with time rewind reminds of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time a lot.

My steam review in case anyone's interested.

Muzicfreq

Banned

Ricker

You could always try the PC version and see if you can run it. Although I suppose you'd prefer to play on a TV than a small monitor?

The default for me was 4xMSAA but I turned it up and didn't have any problems. I also used my dualshock 4 using DS4Windows.

There is no demo on Steam...

Top Bottom