• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

guitarguy316
(11-21-2017, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by thatJohann

Just caved in and purchased the LG OLED55B7A for $1,500 on Amazon. Did I make a good decision? Is the tv worth it? Tell me so GAF so I donít change my mind.

I got the same from target with Newegg price match. I already had an E6 from last year. Picture quality is amazing. The better the source the better the picture.
thatJohann
(11-21-2017, 02:50 PM)
Those with 4K HDR OLEDs. Do you have Xbox One X on color space as Standard or PC RGB?

Getting the B7 on Saturday and curious what the best Xbox One X settings are.
GodGui
(11-22-2017, 06:48 PM)
I concidering to grab a TV on Black Friday and I would like to have advice! I'll use it mainly for Movies and Gaming!

Option 1: LG OLED55B7P 1999.99CAD

Option 2: Sony XBR55X900E 1299.99CAD

Option 3: Recommendations? (Max 1500)

My plan was to buy a tv around 1500CAD, but it seems the LG is "THE TV" to get from what I've read on review sites. I'm questioning myself to put 700CAD more (to get the LG) but I'm wondering if the difference in price between the LG and the Sony is justified?

Do you guys know if the Panasonic TC58EX750 could be a better choice than the Sony for 1499.99?
Chitown B
(11-22-2017, 07:43 PM)

Originally Posted by thatJohann

Those with 4K HDR OLEDs. Do you have Xbox One X on color space as Standard or PC RGB?

Getting the B7 on Saturday and curious what the best Xbox One X settings are.

standard.
llien
(11-22-2017, 08:30 PM)

Originally Posted by GodGui

I concidering to grab a TV on Black Friday and I would like to have advice! I'll use it mainly for Movies and Gaming!

My plan was to buy a tv around 1500CAD, but it seems the LG is "THE TV" to get from what I've read on review sites. I'm questioning myself to put 700CAD more (to get the LG) but I'm wondering if the difference in price between the LG and the Sony is justified?

Do you guys know if the Panasonic TC58EX750 could be a better choice than the Sony for 1499.99?

Owner of LG OLED W7.
I'd say you need to see it yourself in a shop if you have doubts.
I'm OLED biased, so surely would choose option 1, although I haven't seen a single review of the particular model you have referenced.
LG 2017 models also have admirably low input of 20-25ms, great for gaming.
Nikana
(11-22-2017, 08:31 PM)
My b6 seems to be getting rentention faster on the one X home page. Anybody notice this?
J-Rzez
(11-22-2017, 10:23 PM)

Honestly it's been covered to death. It's in the thread title. OLED is King. Superior to even the great 900E. It is what it is. Do you want a very very good tv (900E) or do you want the best of the best (OLED).
J-Rzez
(11-22-2017, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Starloard

Where at?

Best Buy and Amazon. I'm sure other major big box retailers as well.

Originally Posted by ABeezy1388

Thereís a deal for the B7 65Ē right now on slick deals. I really wish amazon would match these small Mom and pop sites. I was hoping the major retailers would put the OLEDís on sale. I wanted to use my 800$ in amazon money I have on one :(

They'll never price match them because "mom and pops" aren't usually "authorized retailers" or are 3rd party online dealers with no stock. They have restocking fees, are a pain to deal with any shipping issues, and if you read the makers site, they do not have to honor warranties of products sold through them.
MaximusPrimus
(11-22-2017, 10:31 PM)

Who is selling the 55" x900e for 1299.99???? I just bought one last night from Best Buy for 1599.99 and the Black Friday price is the same... amd everywhere i looked is selling it fot 1599.99. hmmm
GodGui
(11-22-2017, 10:38 PM)

Originally Posted by llien

Owner of LG OLED W7.
I'm OLED biased, so surely would choose option 1, although I haven't seen a single review of the particular model you have referenced.

Thanks for the reply!

Did you experience any 'burn in' with your W7? That's what holds me back!
GodGui
(11-22-2017, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by MaximusPrimus

Who is selling the 55" x900e for 1299.99???? I just bought one last night from Best Buy for 1599.99 and the Black Friday price is the same... amd everywhere i looked is selling it fot 1599.99. hmmm

A BestBuy employee told me it was gonna be 1299.99 on friday only!
Lucas107
(11-22-2017, 11:04 PM)

I brought 4k vids to best buy and watched on a 900e and a lg c7 and even in the store i liked the oled better. In the dark its a totally different story. They arnt even comparable.
llien
(Yesterday, 10:05 AM)

Thanks for the reply!

Did you experience any 'burn in' with your W7? That's what holds me back!

No, but it is about a month old, so too early. :)
I was told 2017 series handle it better, also note that W7 is likely using harvested panels (other than that, all LG OLED TVs from the same year are using the same panels), not sure if it has impact on longevity or only picture quality.
TalentBurke
(Yesterday, 04:14 PM)

Owner of LG OLED W7.

Do you have the link to the input lag rating? This is what's been holding me back from jumping to OLED.
Ashhong
(Yesterday, 07:13 PM)

Owner of LG OLED W7.

All LG OLED panels are the same so reviews for specific models almost don't even matter. The B7 should look the same as your W7. I got mine at the same price as the Sony so it was an easy choice. Not sure about paying so much more for it though. I might recommend getting the great Sony and waiting OLED out another year or two if the price difference is that much

Edit: just saw your post about harvested panels. Not sure what that means but does the W not use the same as the rest of the models?
J-Rzez
(Yesterday, 09:15 PM)

Originally Posted by TalentBurke

Do you have the link to the input lag rating? This is what's been holding me back from jumping to OLED.

Many sites test this, including rtings.com, hdtvtest, etc. The LGs have 21-25ms, while the Sony will have around 30ms. The only way youre getting lower is with something like TCL P6 or LG JS8500, both of which are outclassed in picture quality handily, and is it worth dropping 5ms for the massive PQ drop for that? If so, buy a good gaming monitor instead.
ubiblu
(Yesterday, 11:21 PM)
Grabbed myself a 65" Sony x9000e here in Australia yesterday afternoon for $2700 AUD; only the x7000E and X8500e series are on sale here and research suggested that the x90 was well worth the price premium.

Took me a while to figure out I needed a premium 4K hdmi cable and manually assign hdmi inputs to accept 4K/HDR signal, but wow...my PS4 Pro is looking incredible. Not fully convienced by the 4K without a dedicated player, but the HDR is a gamechanger in itself coming from 1080p.
TalentBurke
(Today, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by J-Rzez

Many sites test this, including rtings.com, hdtvtest, etc. The LGs have 21-25ms, while the Sony will have around 30ms. The only way youre getting lower is with something like TCL P6 or LG JS8500, both of which are outclassed in picture quality handily, and is it worth dropping 5ms for the massive PQ drop for that? If so, buy a good gaming monitor instead.

I did my research today, 21-25 ms is good for me. I'm looking to pick up the C7 either tomorrow or Saturday. Do you think it will be at $1,700.00 until then or Monday?
HoldSteady
(Today, 02:23 AM)
So have any of you who have the B7 gotten the HDR slider in Forza 7 to work while in HDR game mode? I canít get the logo to disappear and itís the only game I have an issue with.
Gaming Truth
(Today, 03:46 AM)

I did my research today, 21-25 ms is good for me. I'm looking to pick up the C7 either tomorrow or Saturday. Do you think it will be at $1,700.00 until then or Monday?

The LG's at Costco are good until the 27th. I just pulled the trigger because of the insane 4 year warranty I get from buying it there
J-Rzez
(Today, 06:07 AM)

Not sure. Best buy sales are usually sun-sat, but if Costco is saying longer, then maybe it's longer.
STILLethal
(Today, 06:58 AM)

Originally Posted by ubiblu

Grabbed myself a 65" Sony x9000e here in Australia yesterday afternoon for $2700 AUD; only the x7000E and X8500e series are on sale here and research suggested that the x90 was well worth the price premium.

Took me a while to figure out I needed a premium 4K hdmi cable and manually assign hdmi inputs to accept 4K/HDR signal, but wow...my PS4 Pro is looking incredible. Not fully convienced by the 4K without a dedicated player, but the HDR is a gamechanger in itself coming from 1080p.

Wait so the PS4Pro doesnt come with a 4k HDMI? You have to buy it separate?

Man I hope BestBuy has a good deal tomorrow or this weekend, been wanting to buy the C7 so bad but I feel the $1700 price tag will surely go down sooner or later
TalentBurke
(Today, 07:30 AM)

Originally Posted by STILLethal

Wait so the PS4Pro doesnt come with a 4k HDMI? You have to buy it separate?

Man I hope BestBuy has a good deal tomorrow or this weekend, been wanting to buy the C7 so bad but I feel the $1700 price tag will surely go down sooner or later

I have 3 4K HDR HDMIs sitting in my amazon cart just for this. Now Iím curious if I should wait a little. That $1,700 is a nice price for the C7. Plus Iím sitting on $350 store credit at Best Buy. Pretty sure Iím a pull the trigger on Saturday though. My credit card has price protection.