• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Haha, that's one of the best parts of baseball, though. "Sure, he has an ERA of 7.35 but it drops to 0.20 when facing lefties with runners in scoring position in a month with two full moons and humidity of 10% or less!"

Oh, I don't disagree that things like that are entertaining. I used to poke around with an electronic Franklin Baseball Encyclopedia from like 1994 that would let you put in all sorts of delimiting factors and get player lists based on it.

Just, putting pictures of 2 players up and saying "This has only happened once before" is silly, when there are all sorts of things that "this" could be.

conference series

Think you have the wrong sport.

MechDX

Who is excited for baseball tonight? Hello?

Houston Astros‏Verified account
@astros

We’ve arrived. #EarnHistory
DMSI-CWWAAACAGY.jpg:large

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I don't disagree that things like that are entertaining. I used to poke around with an electronic Franklin Baseball Encyclopedia from like 1994 that would let you put in all sorts of delimiting factors and get player lists based on it.

Just, putting pictures of 2 players up and saying "This has only happened once before" is silly, when there are all sorts of things that "this" could be.

Yeah, I agree with you.

Marz

Why can't Major League Baseball stagger these games so we can watch both? Makes no sense to have both on at the same time

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
These games start way too late.

I hear from the most and best trustworthy source that they owe money to Wall Street. So probably not very trustworthy.

They will never start league championship series early in the day if they have an option to show it late because they want to catch west coasters. It's just a fact of life with national broadcasting. Even on weekends I don't think they will start a game early. Which always made me sad about the lack of day game World Series games.

FWIW, I will not attend night games at all. I only make the trip out to Petco for day games.

Top Bottom